Piccolo and Pan's relationship follows anime continuity

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Tai Lung
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Piccolo and Pan's relationship follows anime continuity

Post by Tai Lung » Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:13 pm

I have only seen that this relationship exists in the toei version (Movies-Series) however not in the manga... which makes me wonder if they will keep other aspects of character development and relationships... :think:

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Re: Piccolo and Pan's relationship follows anime continuity

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:46 am

The manga (Super) barely does anything slice of life, also, Pan is still a baby in the manga.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:52 am

Is there anything in the anime involving Piccolo and Pan, besides some scenes here and there? I remember Mr. Satan and Goku doing stuff with her, and IIRC when she flies, Goku was taking care of her, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway, the movie contradicts Pan's most memorable moment in the anime, with Pan not knowing how to fly and all, with no mention to Pan's first flight, not even to motivate her.
So, I'm not sure if the movie paid much attention to the anime, not taking advantage of a similar plot point seems like they were doing their own thing and not following up on anything in particular.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:52 am Is there anything in the anime involving Piccolo and Pan, besides some scenes here and there? I remember Mr. Satan and Goku doing stuff with her, and IIRC when she flies, Goku was taking care of her, but I could be mistaken.

Anyway, the movie contradicts Pan's most memorable moment in the anime, with Pan not knowing how to fly and all, with no mention to Pan's first flight, not even to motivate her.
So, I'm not sure if the movie paid much attention to the anime, not taking advantage of a similar plot point seems like they were doing their own thing and not following up on anything in particular.
Piccolo and pan moments
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IuwwNDhJas

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qt_zDkx9Kc

actually she was just able to forget that...

this scene from the anime appears as a photo in the movie

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:41 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 11:52 am Is there anything in the anime involving Piccolo and Pan, besides some scenes here and there? I remember Mr. Satan and Goku doing stuff with her, and IIRC when she flies, Goku was taking care of her, but I could be mistaken.

Piccolo and pan moments

Pan shouldn't remember that, of course, the weird thing is Piccolo forgetting about it. :crazy:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Thu Nov 10, 2022 4:38 pm

There was a brief scene of Piccolo rocking baby Pan's cot in RoF but the anime definitely expanded on their relationship. Toriyama probably doesn't remember any of the anime filler stuff so I'm fairly sure this is a case of him planting seeds early on and watering them himself later.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Thu Nov 10, 2022 10:41 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:41 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:25 pm

Piccolo and pan moments

Pan shouldn't remember that, of course, the weird thing is Piccolo forgetting about it. :crazy:
That he remembers he never saw her fly :think:

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:38 am

In the anime, Piccolo dotes on Pan. She's more interested in Goku. That's not what we see in DBS:SH, but she's a baby, and there's not much there anyway, so I guess it's fine. The manga has nothing to contradict anything about Pan in the anime or films.

Also, Pan learns to fly in DBS:SH, but she can fly as a baby in the anime, so that doesn't really work. I guess you could say she wasn't able to do it intentionally when she got a little older, but that's never implied in the film.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:42 am

batistabus wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 3:38 am In the anime, Piccolo dotes on Pan. She's more interested in Goku. That's not what we see in DBS:SH, but she's a baby, and there's not much there anyway, so I guess it's fine. The manga has nothing to contradict anything about Pan in the anime or films.

Also, Pan learns to fly in DBS:SH, but she can fly as a baby in the anime, so that doesn't really work. I guess you could say she wasn't able to do it intentionally when she got a little older, but that's never implied in the film.
Piccolo is going to pick her up from school and apparently their relationship is close, he doesn't yell at her like goten and trunks

That I remembers he never saw her fly