Dragonball Z Legendary Super Warriors 20-year anniversary of the US launch

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Dragonball Z Legendary Super Warriors 20-year anniversary of the US launch

Post by AlexFili » Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:17 am

It's been twenty years! I have to admit, I only started playing this maybe 15 or so years ago on a Gameboy Advance SP, but I fell in love with the game and wanted to become an expert in it. It's such a great game with many happy memories. Does anyone else have fond memories of this game?

=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragonball Z Legendary Super Warriors 20-year anniversary of the US launch

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Sat Nov 12, 2022 3:14 pm

Just did another playthrough in celebration of the anniversary. It's not the most superb amazing game ever or anything, but it'll always have a special place in my heart because of how involved I was in its little community of players back in the day.

Very fond memories of figuring out how to unlock characters (and hoping the three empty character slots weren't actually empty), trying to break my win streak record in Battle Mode, playing around with sprites that are fun and easy to edit, chuckling at wonky translation mishaps - "PREPARE TO LOST!!" - and making friends along the way. Good times!
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

AlexFili
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragonball Z Legendary Super Warriors 20-year anniversary of the US launch

Post by AlexFili » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:05 pm

Yeah, the EU translation was a very funny little misstep in some ways.
Still, the game has a very big place in my heart and as seen on the internet, has been inspiration for TONS of spritesheets of franchises of various kinds. The art team really did a phenomenal job with this game. They overcame the palette limitations and really pushed the hardware to the limit. Maybe one day we'll get a remake. I certainly hope so.
=
Singer, Swordfighter and Livestreamer

Like Dragonball Z: Legendary Super Warriors for GBC? Check out our Wordpress site which contains all the Character Focus articles and Let's Play Video Links! http://legendarysuperwarriors.wordpress.com/
=