Dragon Ball R&R Discussion Thread

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball R&R Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 1:37 pm

This was nice and all but not worth 20 minutes of time for. A length comperable to heroes anime would've made more sense.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:29 am

Caulifla best girl! :)

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 27, 2018 12:32 pm

Quite a cute episode. Reminds me to watch the original discussion what if, that flashback threw me off.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:11 pm

So much of it seemed pointless. Her talk with Piccolo didn't really have anything to do with the problem of the episode and the flashback itself fell flat. "Let me tell you the story of how Raditz and Gohan went Great Ape once" So, the only reason Raditz lived is because he told Piccolo not to shoot. And it's all capped off by even Goku seeing how dumb Raunch's problem was.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 27, 2018 3:04 pm

Kanassa wrote:So much of it seemed pointless. Her talk with Piccolo didn't really have anything to do with the problem of the episode and the flashback itself fell flat. "Let me tell you the story of how Raditz and Gohan went Great Ape once" So, the only reason Raditz lived is because he told Piccolo not to shoot. And it's all capped off by even Goku seeing how dumb Raunch's problem was.
Well I don't watch a lot of Slice of Life shows, or really except FLCL Alternative (yes, even with all the robots its an SOL show) but I do like my sitcoms. A "pointless" episode, is really a staple of regular media. Your mileage may vary of combining this staple with Dragonball, but to say it's pointless derides a lot of shows, don't you think?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Dec 27, 2018 4:58 pm

FoolsGil wrote:
Kanassa wrote:So much of it seemed pointless. Her talk with Piccolo didn't really have anything to do with the problem of the episode and the flashback itself fell flat. "Let me tell you the story of how Raditz and Gohan went Great Ape once" So, the only reason Raditz lived is because he told Piccolo not to shoot. And it's all capped off by even Goku seeing how dumb Raunch's problem was.
Well I don't watch a lot of Slice of Life shows, or really except FLCL Alternative (yes, even with all the robots its an SOL show) but I do like my sitcoms. A "pointless" episode, is really a staple of regular media. Your mileage may vary of combining this staple with Dragonball, but to say it's pointless derides a lot of shows, don't you think?
Not really, I'm not saying pointless as if there's some grand plot to connect to, I'm saying that it feels less like a 20 minute story and more a bundle of fluff (So far, most of these episodes seemed to be the writers trying to stretch something that wasn't supposed to be 20 minutes long into 20 minutes long). I'm not well versed in anime slice-of-life, so maybe my more western examples don't count (Though Super's one-off, non-plot related slice-of-life episodes seem to avoid feeling pointless easily. Like, one episode Bulma wants to restore the Time Machine, every subsequent scene was mostly addressing that problem), but Slice-of-life stories still have a thread connecting the scenes and situation that is being dealt with in said scenes, there's still a point to episodes.

The conflict of the episode is that Raunch feels she's growing apart from her favorite cousin:
Piccolo's conversation adds nothing to this, him telling her that Gohan is good at reading people doesn't connect witht eh conflict
Piccolo's flashback has nothing to do with the point he's trying to show
Goku then proceeds to show how dumb the problem is, thus undercutting the entire episode.

Out of the entire episode, only the opening and ending actually had to do with the plot of the episode.

I wanna use a Friends episode as an example, but I feel like that would be dumb...
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Fri Aug 02, 2019 11:35 am

Episode 4 is out, and it's all about Yamcha! Guest starring Geekdom.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:51 pm

It was an okay episode. I liked how it ended.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:05 am

DarkPrince_92
I Live Here

Post by DarkPrince_92 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:40 pm

FoolsGil wrote: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:05 am Episode 5 - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjmU6W8I7no
Had fun working on this one, and probably my favorite episode to date.

Get ready for episode 6!
I am a freelance animator, check out my thangs. ART!

Check my webcomic series Off Guard now on webtoons!

PSN/Steam: DarkPrince_92

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Oct 28, 2020 11:26 am

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:13 pm

Great watch. The most TFS inspired with Chaozu being his most bratty, (and interesting incarnation) A super Android 13 reference (though there was unrelated setups, plenty of unrelated setups ( ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°), giggidy ) and a certain TFS alum guest starring in this episode, and apparently the next, as we got a story arc. It's always good to see more R&R, this one took quite awhile to premiere.

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 pm

i always wondering where can i find manga for this show???

Kakkaroto735
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakkaroto735 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm

goku1234 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 pm i always wondering where can i find manga for this show???
No manga. If you want the source material watch the what ifs. There's a weird spin off comic though.
https://masakox.com/the-day-of-zaidan/

goku1234
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by goku1234 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 5:40 pm

Kakkaroto735 wrote: Thu Oct 29, 2020 1:14 pm
goku1234 wrote: Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:29 pm i always wondering where can i find manga for this show???
No manga. If you want the source material watch the what ifs. There's a weird spin off comic though.
https://masakox.com/the-day-of-zaidan/
lol yea i saw that oh well thanks anyway...

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:26 pm

Dragon Ball Gus
Advanced Regular

Post by Dragon Ball Gus » Wed Nov 10, 2021 2:13 pm

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Nov 10, 2021 3:09 pm

Fun little episode. Not sure what happened that led to a whole year's delay, but its good we reached the end of the arc.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Fri Dec 02, 2022 5:22 pm