Are Dragon Ball Games Dubbed In Other Languages Besides English?

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ATA
Beyond Newbie

Are Dragon Ball Games Dubbed In Other Languages Besides English?

Post by ATA » Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 pm

Howdy,

I was wondering are DB games dubbed in other languages besides English? I've seen mods for Latino Dub in Tenkaichi 3. Did the mainstream/popular DB games get dubbed in other languages? Or do they simply use Japanese with subtitles?

If so why haven't mainstream DB games got a dub in different languages?
May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Are Dragon Ball Games Dubbed In Other Languages Besides English?

Post by sangofe » Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:22 pm

ATA wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 pm Howdy,

I was wondering are DB games dubbed in other languages besides English? I've seen mods for Latino Dub in Tenkaichi 3. Did the mainstream/popular DB games get dubbed in other languages? Or do they simply use Japanese with subtitles?

As far as I know, no, they aren't. Why they're not? I would guess it would be to save money. I had always wanted french dubs, but would the games had sold more, more than the costs to produce the dubs? That's what companies are asking themselves, probably.

ATA
Beyond Newbie

Post by ATA » Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:03 pm

sangofe wrote: Wed Dec 07, 2022 12:22 pm
ATA wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:06 pm Howdy,

As far as I know, no, they aren't. Why they're not? I would guess it would be to save money. I had always wanted french dubs, but would the games had sold more, more than the costs to produce the dubs? That's what companies are asking themselves, probably.
Wouldn't a Latin American Dub game sell a lot due to have popular it is there? Just like how it's popular in English speaking countries and they're blessed with dubbed games
May Your Heart Be Your Guiding Key

Anonymous Friend
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Anonymous Friend » Tue Dec 13, 2022 1:45 pm

I would assume there would be licensing issues to dub the games into whatever language.
Playstation Network ID/Xbox Gamer Tag: AnonymousFriend
Wii FriendCode: 1003 3740 6652 4063