Could Picoclo have defeated all Z enemies if he had his potential unlocked

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Could Picoclo have defeated all Z enemies if he had his potential unlocked

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Dec 18, 2022 10:03 am

If after his encounter with cell, Piccolo decided to use the Dragon Balls to unlock his potential and increase his chances of defeating all 3 androids, what would have happened? Would Piccolo be the strongest character in the Z series capable of defeating all opponents until Beerus arrives?

Lionel
I Live Here

Re: Could Picoclo have defeated all Z enemies if he had his potential unlocked

Post by Lionel » Sun Dec 18, 2022 3:04 pm

Difficult to say. All of the Saiyans and Piccolo were training assiduously for years in preparation for the cyborgs. I have to image Piccolo was already hitting his stride through labouring with Goku and benefiting from the strength of a Super Saiyan as a consequence of their collaboration. It's quite likely that he still had some untapped potential and I imagine he could have surpassed the Saiyans but probably not by too much. I doubt Piccolo's potential is going to equal or surpass Gohan's who seemed to have reached his own peak for that point in time with Super Saiyan 2.

The cyborgs and Cell (imperfect) may be defeated without much incident if Piccolo is allowed his potential unlock. #16 is the only one I'm uncertain of. Anything afterwards seems like a bridge too far unless he fuses with Kami and trains in the ROSAT. If those conditions are met then I believe he could handle Dabura, possibly even Fat Buu if we're really generous.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Tue Dec 20, 2022 9:36 am

No.

Gohan had his potential unlocked on Namek, but he wasn't as strong as his Mystic Form or Beast Form. As characters continue to reach new heights and break their ceilings, their potential increases. Piccolo wouldn't get all his theoretical strength ever - just a moderate boost.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:37 pm

Gotta agree with the above points.

Potential changes over time. It's not static, and it all depends on circumstances and your current abilities/experiences.

Piccolo is stronger than he's ever been, able to keep up with base Gohan even after getting him back into shape and allowing his student to catch back up to Goku and Vegeta.

Not to mention that he likely had huge innate potential spikes from fusing with Nail and Kami.