General Website Goofs/Errors

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: General Website Goofs/Errors

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:35 am

Since the forum update, I can no longer add updated information/links to first posts of a thread. :-(

And as others have said, I have to agree that a "light mode" would be easier on my eyes.
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:27 pm

Agreed, there really needs to be a lightmode.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Dec 11, 2022 2:56 pm

Heard loud and clear, folks -- thanks. I don't think we need any other repeats of that one at this point!

Please stay tuned.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:47 pm

I, for one like, the dark mode as it is. I was a dark mode user before the update, but this is much better than the previous one.

Restoring the user info to the left would be nice though.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:49 pm

For the most part, all is back to normal. Long story short, I needed a temporary style since our old style didn't work with the new version of phpBB (our forum software). But I needed the new version of phpBB because the old one wasn't compatible with the new version of PHP we needed to install. And we needed to upgrade the PHP scripting because the version we had was very out of date, posed several vulnerabilities, and our host was dropping support for it this month. I had a free night to upgrade the PHP scripting and phpBB, so I took it! Obviously I wasn't as prepared as I had wanted to be, so my apologies to everyone's eyes.
Gaffer Tape wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:35 am Since the forum update, I can no longer add updated information/links to first posts of a thread. :-(
I am still working on that. The original extension we used to control post editing no longer works with this version phpBB. I'll have to discuss it with Mike, but in the meantime we may have to temporarily suspend not allowing post edits until we can get that resolved. Not sure though.

UPDATE: I believe I was able to get the issues with this extension resolved. If you could please give it a shot and let me know it worked, I'd appreciate it!
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Gaffer Tape
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Gaffer Tape » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:53 pm

Hujio wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:49 pm For the most part, all is back to normal. Long story short, I needed a temporary style since our old style didn't work with the new version of phpBB (our forum software). But I needed the new version of phpBB because the old one wasn't compatible with the new version of PHP we needed to install. And we needed to upgrade the PHP scripting because the version we had was very out of date, posed several vulnerabilities, and our host was dropping support for it this month. I had a free night to upgrade the PHP scripting and phpBB, so I took it! Obviously I wasn't as prepared as I had wanted to be, so my apologies to everyone's eyes.
Hey, I always feel guilty having an opinion because I know how much hard work and labors of love go into this. Definitely appreciate all you guys do, and I want to make sure that's heard/said/known.
UPDATE: I believe I was able to get the issues with this extension resolved. If you could please give it a shot and let me know it worked, I'd appreciate it!
It works! Thank you so much!
Do you follow the most comprehensive and entertaining Dragon Ball analysis series on YouTube? If you do, you're smart and awesome and fairly attractive. If not, see what all the fuss is about without even having to leave Kanzenshuu:

MistareFusion's Dragon Ball Dissection Series Discussion Thread! (Updated 3/4/24!)
Current Episode: A Hero's Clone - Dragon Ball Dissection: Goku's Side Story! Siu Xing Qiu is a Testament to Courage

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:05 am

The button to see ignored people's posts disappeared. Could you please look it up? It's a main feature for me, that have a lot of people in the ignore list as a warning, and read them depending on mood and topic.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:26 am

pepd wrote: Mon Dec 12, 2022 12:05 am The button to see ignored people's posts disappeared. Could you please look it up? It's a main feature for me, that have a lot of people in the ignore list as a warning, and read them depending on mood and topic.
I also use that option so I very much second this post.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:47 pm

Any plans on bringing back the dark theme option? Even if just like the previous one?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:48 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 4:47 pm Any plans on bringing back the dark theme option? Even if just like the previous one?
The option for a dark theme should be in your user settings. It was for me. I'm back on dark theme, just as I was before the upgrade.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:31 pm

So it is. I didn't check it since yesterday, so I thought it was still unavailable.

All good now.

Ookalf

Post by Ookalf » Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:39 pm

Minor typo report: On the "Artificial Human arc" page of the manga guide, chapter 335 is numbered as chapter 330.

Hujio

Post by Hujio » Fri Dec 16, 2022 11:01 am

Ookalf wrote: Thu Dec 15, 2022 10:39 pm Minor typo report: On the "Artificial Human arc" page of the manga guide, chapter 335 is numbered as chapter 330.
Thanks! It has been fixed.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

TheQuazz
Beyond Newbie

Post by TheQuazz » Wed Dec 21, 2022 10:22 pm

The "Re-animated Scene Galleries" from each of the Dragon Ball Kai Episode Guides are seemingly broken/mostly missing. Clicking the green "View ... Gallery" button just brings me to a page hosting the first image from the respective episode's gallery. I've tried viewing the page on multiple browsers; it doesn't fix the issue. Seems to affect every episode's page.
I remember there being multiple comparison screenshots per episode.

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:54 am

Hello all, apologies if this should have its own topic to report rather than going here, but I just came across a weird Server Error in loading and posting a draft to a topic (specifically, this one).

Eventually it seems to have gone through okay (twice) despite the error message and it appears in the topic, it seems, but for me it doesn't seem to have updated the topic post count, my own post count (though it seems to be searchable) or to have been acknowledged as an occurrence (e.g., to log in the topic list as having been posted) - it's like it exists but isn't noticed, and it's still also registering as a draft in my own Control Panel.

I was wondering whether this might be a draft upload issue (e.g., if normal posts have been made in the same topic since the draft was first saved, is that maybe causing the issue - like, maybe tricking the forum into thinking in some way that these aren't the most recent posts in the topic?). No biggie, but thought I'd report, since I haven't seen the error before. Thanks!

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Tue May 02, 2023 9:26 am

Hujio wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:49 pm
Gaffer Tape wrote: Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:35 am Since the forum update, I can no longer add updated information/links to first posts of a thread. :-(
I am still working on that. The original extension we used to control post editing no longer works with this version phpBB. I'll have to discuss it with Mike, but in the meantime we may have to temporarily suspend not allowing post edits until we can get that resolved. Not sure though.

I encountered an issue updating this thread of mine the other day, and instead of updating the post, it created a brand new post with the information I updated (which I have since deleted). Please advise and thanks!
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

TrunksTrevelyan0064
Patreon Supporter

Post by TrunksTrevelyan0064 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 7:40 am

Came across something in this interview translation - it still says "Nappa [Chinese cabbage]", while I think it's been established that the name "nappa" actually came from leafy vegetables.
Usually goes by "Kevtrev" elsewhere online.
Draws comics that may or may not have been inspired by Akira Toriyama's amazing manga-making skills.

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Thu Oct 26, 2023 9:24 am

Seems like there's a little error in the latest news article regarding the new volumes.
Thus far, Ultra God Mission!!!! is the longest-running of Nagayama’s batch by a wide margin, with the 22nd chapter set for print next week in Saikyō Jump‘s December 2023 issue.
The 20th and final chapter of Ultra God Mission was released this month and for the next SaikyoJump (in November) the first Meteor Mission chapter will be released.

Still, it's the longest-running SDBH series by Nagayama. Next April we will likely see a fourth volume collecting chapters 16-20.
So far only max. 3 volumes.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:52 pm

Thank you so much for that! Totally brain farted while writing that up. I'll make sure to have a comprehensive write-up about the Meteor Mission debut when I get the next issue ...

... and I'm somehow both excited and disappointed that we're seemingly back to a single exclamation point in its title rather than going up to five! :lol:
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Sat Oct 28, 2023 8:09 am

VegettoEX wrote: Thu Oct 26, 2023 12:52 pm Thank you so much for that! Totally brain farted while writing that up. I'll make sure to have a comprehensive write-up about the Meteor Mission debut when I get the next issue ..
No problem, happy to help when I see something :)
... and I'm somehow both excited and disappointed that we're seemingly back to a single exclamation point in its title rather than going up to five! :lol:
It was only one "!" in the episode opening, but I still have little hope we will actually get to see "!!!!!" as it should be :D