How would you have made Chichi more ‘useful’?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Mystic_Cheese

How would you have made Chichi more ‘useful’?

Post by Mystic_Cheese » Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:43 pm

I have heard people complain a lot about Chichi over the years, and some people have said that she just exists so Goku could have a child.

So It got me thinking: How could have Chichi been more ‘useful’? My first thought is that she wouldn’t have given up martial arts, and instead became a Z fighter. Or maybe if they wanted her to stand out, her cooking could heal or she could have somehow grown Senzu beans? That way she could have still been the ‘domestic housewife’ but still could have been helpful in the series?

What do you guys think? How would you have made her more useful?

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: How would you have made Chichi more ‘useful’?

Post by FoolsGil » Thu Dec 29, 2022 11:20 pm

Masakox does a lot of What If Videos on his channel, and one of which was a series asking that.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... zc8cD6I3Br

Mystic_Cheese

Post by Mystic_Cheese » Fri Dec 30, 2022 11:18 am

I’ve not watched him, but I’ll definitely check it out! Thank you!

Peril
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Peril » Mon Jan 02, 2023 12:45 am

1. I would have made small changes. Dont think she needed to be a z-warrior, at least not long term. But I find it silly that at the height of her maternal instinct at the start of Z, as hot as her blood is, she didnt try to kill Piccolo. Or at least not demand to be trained by Kami as well, everyone knows she was still a capable fighter at that point so I dont think anyone would object.

She fights to rescue Gohan but I suspect gets terrified out of ever fighting again after that, lives through it and witnesses everything. Gains a deep respect for Goku's friends. Also she learns how to fly.

2. Maybe even goes to Namek to keep Gohan safe. But she over prepares/over packs or something silly like that. I havent watched the Masako vid on this topic but I think surviving Namek is where she would quit at being a z-warrior. Even if she gets the elder guru unlock, chichi clearly wants a normal life. But she would take the power boost if it helps in the moment.

(In Masako's vid does she die instead of Krillin? Ugh I will find time to watch it.)

3. She would spend more time sparring with Goku. She isnt as dedicated to martial arts as he is but she still consideres it bonding with her husband. Martial arts also keeps her body from aging as fast as it would otherwise. This also means she is...slightly less strict on Gohan. But I think Gohan being a nerd is his natural self and not imposed on him 100% by Chichi.

So my overall interpretation is a more capable and chill chichi with more visual affection between her and Goku, but she still screams at him when he does stupid crap.Like tossing Cell a senzu bean. Heck she may stop him from doing that.

My main issue with her is she never even seems to understand Goku, not even really trying to, and she seems so unfeasibly bitchy.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Sun Jan 08, 2023 10:32 pm

Chichi realizes the danger of the saiyans and agrees to let Gohan train with Piccolo because she has been too protective of the boy. Chichi agrees to train with the other Z fighters.

Chichi later on alongside Goku is the one who tells Gohan to not be afraid of Vegeta.

Chichi goes to namek and gets her potential unlocked and helps through the Frieza fight.

Chichi then retires and reverts more or less to her normal persona, trainning Goten to replace Goku as she knows Gohan doesn't like fighting but also knowing Goten needs to study as well as train.

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Jan 09, 2023 8:36 am

Chi Chi not getting in the way of Goku teaching his sons and allows Goku to train with his sons.
Chi Chi allowing her sons to train.
Chi Chi herself training and learning to fly.
Chi Chi herself training with Goku and her sons.

Those are ways for Chi Chi to be useful.

Chi Chi having her sons study, that is great of her.

DragonBallFoodie
Advanced Regular

Post by DragonBallFoodie » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:52 pm

Maybe not necessarily "useful", but get her more involved with the Z-Fighters.

Have her join up to keep an eye on her husband and son, have her heckle them and their opponents but give her a few serious fights too.
"Don't take pleasure in destruction!" / "I will not let you destroy my world!"
A true hero goes beyond not the limits of power, but the limits that divide countries and people.