What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

kenisu3000
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: What's that BGM in the Japanese version? Read the OP!

Post by kenisu3000 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:34 am

Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:42 pm What are the bgm's in this clip? Does anyone know?

https://youtu.be/3U5Aqv_AoRU
Sure!

Cell on TV
M1109
(fan title) Slugg Summons Shen Long (from DBZ Movie 4)
Track title: 超サイヤ人だ孫悟空 (Son Goku Is A Super Saiyan)
Ongakushuu vol. 1 track 5, 1st cue
Five-CD set, disc 5, track 10, 1st cue
BGM Collection, disc 1, track 23, 1st cue

Shots of the Z Warriors relaxing and having a good time
M929
(fan title) Everyone Is Happy (from DBZ Movie 2)
Track title: この世で一番強いヤツ (The Strongest Guy In This World)
Ongakushuu vol. 1 track 3, 4th cue
Five-CD set, disc 5, track 8, 4th cue
BGM Collection, disc 1, track 19, 4th cue

Nobody is showing up for the Cell Games, so Cell leaves
(from GT, unreleased)
(fan title) A Bitter Parting
BGM forever! If only more people paid attention to it... well, I intend to change that.

Demon Prince Piccolo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Demon Prince Piccolo » Thu Nov 18, 2021 2:20 am

This is a phenomenal resource! It helped me find this badass piece from the Tenshinhan arc, when Goku is heading to the ring for the final match. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDCVsup74A4
The story of DRAGON BALL starts from the moment Goku met Bulma. I don't really mind the Z, so long as it's understood that it's not the true beginning of the story.

I actually prefer the Goku vs Tenshinhan and Goku vs Piccolo Jr. rivalries to the Goku vs Vegeta rivalry.

Ssj3Engels
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssj3Engels » Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:28 am

kenisu3000 wrote: Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:34 am
Ssj3Engels wrote: Mon Nov 15, 2021 8:42 pm What are the bgm's in this clip? Does anyone know?

https://youtu.be/3U5Aqv_AoRU
Sure!

Cell on TV
M1109
(fan title) Slugg Summons Shen Long (from DBZ Movie 4)
Track title: 超サイヤ人だ孫悟空 (Son Goku Is A Super Saiyan)
Ongakushuu vol. 1 track 5, 1st cue
Five-CD set, disc 5, track 10, 1st cue
BGM Collection, disc 1, track 23, 1st cue

Shots of the Z Warriors relaxing and having a good time
M929
(fan title) Everyone Is Happy (from DBZ Movie 2)
Track title: この世で一番強いヤツ (The Strongest Guy In This World)
Ongakushuu vol. 1 track 3, 4th cue
Five-CD set, disc 5, track 8, 4th cue
BGM Collection, disc 1, track 19, 4th cue

Nobody is showing up for the Cell Games, so Cell leaves
(from GT, unreleased)
(fan title) A Bitter Parting

Perfect! Thank you, kenisu!

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Apr 14, 2022 6:51 pm

Did still nobody got a clue of which BGM plays at the 13:21-13:24 mark in episode 117 from OG DB? Before M222 "Robot Oolong" A simple violin note (I think it's a violin, please correct me if I'm wrong) and a drum in the background, I listened to Kikuchi's entire set of DB BGMs that precede the M600 Score (because that score belongs to DB Movie 3, and the movie wasn't even released yet when the episode came out), and not even in the several F tracks from the A-J score I could find a part that match that violin note with a drum in the background, can someone give a hand? In case it helps, I've made this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sn9g9l ... p=drivesdk
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

BladeXRG

Post by BladeXRG » Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:07 am

I don't mean to disrespect this work but during the last months I've finished an updated, corrected, more accurate documentation for the scores of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Y'all should use this one to look for tracks instead, it even has a rundown of all BGM CDs.

There are also plans for a revamped movies chart, including the DB ones, and DBKai Kikuchi/Sumitomo (even if I don't like those scores no one has finished documenting them), so if you-for some reason I won't question-like those scores just you wait a few months.

I wasn't gonna reply and instead just post it on the music forum, but I decided to save the post for when it's actually complete. Hope no one minds this.

Vhanos
Beyond Newbie

Post by Vhanos » Fri Jun 17, 2022 3:50 am

BladeXRG wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:07 am I don't mean to disrespect this work but during the last months I've finished an updated, corrected, more accurate documentation for the scores of Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z. Y'all should use this one to look for tracks instead, it even has a rundown of all BGM CDs.

There are also plans for a revamped movies chart, including the DB ones, and DBKai Kikuchi/Sumitomo (even if I don't like those scores no one has finished documenting them), so if you-for some reason I won't question-like those scores just you wait a few months.

I wasn't gonna reply and instead just post it on the music forum, but I decided to save the post for when it's actually complete. Hope no one minds this.
Thanks for doing the work for everyone else. You spared me the trouble of having to get to many of the music tracks I had known about that needed correction. In fact, I identified some of the ones you addressed.

I was of the impression that "Silver's plea" and "Tracks" were the same thing. I knew about episode 107 of DBZ where Dende and Gohan said their goodbyes with the music from DBZ movie 4 playing. I also knew of the music pieces like The Panther, The Monkey Falls Off The Tree, and many others adjustments you made for the documentation.

Has everything that was unknown of prior to what you did been corrected?

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:47 pm

So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:38 pm

I know this is Abridged, but I'm also pretty sure it's original Dragon Ball tune in these scene... Can anyone give me the name of the track you can here from 12:02 to 12:16?

https://youtu.be/-XAzDHco1w8?t=722

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:18 pm

Any Kikuchi score updates? I was hoping there would finally be an album of his works.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:00 am

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:47 pm Since BladeXRG was kind enough to document all the songs for the Z portion of the Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure in Barcelona, could someone document the original Dragon Ball portion of it with timestamps? To help you guys out, this version is 38 minutes long. It starts with Hiroki Takahashi singing Makafushigi Adventure, and ends with him singing Dragon Ball Densetsu (you know, the one that goes "Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball...I'll get it!"). H19 plays at 8:46. Mezase Tenkaichi plays at 10:04. Those are all the songs I recognize.
Of course, fortunately, the DB section only uses released tracks, so nobody would have a headache to recognize them
3:55 H3 "The Rolling Log" (Pilaf Saga Score)
4:22 M411 "Race to Devil's Hand" (Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle Score)
5:36 B2A "Happy Bulma" (Pilaf Saga Score)
6:20 D1 "Driving to Mt. Frypan" (Pilaf Saga Score)
6:47 J6 "Shenlong's Theme" (Pilaf Saga Score)
7:39 I9 "Going to Oolong's Mansion" (Pilag Saga Score)
8:07 M16 "Milk Delivery" (21th TB Score)
8:46 H19 "The Tournament Begins" (21th TB Score)
9:15 I14 "Horrible Shock!" (Pilaf Saga Score)
9:22 I18 "Oolong's Outta Time!" (Pilaf Saga Score)
13:39 M18 "The Opening Ceremony" (21th TB Score)
14:20 I15 "Oolong the Groom" (Pilaf Saga Score)
14:45 I21 "Hopeless Encounter" (Pilaf Saga Score)
15:30 I16 "Chase Music" (Pilaf Saga Score) (note: this one isn't used in the series)
16:19 I19 "Goku Fights Fearlessly" (Pilaf Saga Score)
17:07 M111 "The Sneak-And-Strut" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
18:05 M109 "Goku and Chichi To The Rescue" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
19:08 M118 "Si Xing Qiu Chase" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
20:06 M317 "Climbing The Tower" (Tao Pai Pai & Baba Arc Score)
21:01 M108 "Scramble!" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
22:11 M309 "Final Bang" (Tao Pai Pai & Baba Arc Score)
23:18 M509 "Yajirobe in Action" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
24:23 M308 "Last Resort Kamehameha" (Tao Pai Pai & Baba Arc Score)
25:24 M505 "The True Power of Piccolo" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score) (note: at 26:41 there's a abrupt pause that isn't present in the original cue)
26:49 M515 "One Last Shot" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
27:40 M516 "This One Fist" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
28:30 A11 "Through The Canyon" (Pilaf Saga Score)
29:21 M504 "Chaotic TB" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
30:21 None, this one long note is probably meant to be a extra ending added to the previous cue, or a extra beginning for the next cue, both original cues doesn't have this particular note.
30:25 M441 "Lucifer's End" (Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle Score) (note: at 31:02 a new ending is added to the track, that part is much shorter in the original)
31:08 M229 "Goku vs Yamcha" (Dragon Ball The Movie: The Legend of Shenlong Score)
31:39 M420 "The Demon Army Runs Over Goku & Kuririn" (Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle Score)
32:19 M116 "The Water Returns" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
33:20 B3 "Wind of Sentiment" (Pilaf Saga Score) (note: actually, a unreleased alternate version of this cue was used in the series, not this version)

Hope it's all correct, hope it helps.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:07 am

Gridlock wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:38 pm I know this is Abridged, but I'm also pretty sure it's original Dragon Ball tune in these scene... Can anyone give me the name of the track you can here from 12:02 to 12:16?

"In Goes The Dragon Ball!" (BGM M656), it's the last track from the Great Mystical Adventure movie.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:13 am

DB1984 wrote: Thu Dec 01, 2022 3:18 pm Any Kikuchi score updates? I was hoping there would finally be an album of his works.
You mean, a new album release with his soundtracks? DB only or several series? Released or Unreleased cues or both?
I think there's nothing new for pretty much two decades, just the old album releases from the 80's and 90's, and the great collections from 2005, aside from that, recently in 2021 some of his DBZ were uploaded to Youtube music as albums (Released cues only) alongside some of the insert songs from the series and movies, but there's nothing new about this release, I actually think it's not even a official release, as it's a very poorly made album and Kikuchi & Kageyama's names aren't credited anywhere, instead the credits goes to these "AnimeFriends LLC" and "Fuji Sys" stuff that i simply never heard about.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:57 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:00 am
FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 9:47 pm Since BladeXRG was kind enough to document all the songs for the Z portion of the Dragon Ball Symphonic Adventure in Barcelona, could someone document the original Dragon Ball portion of it with timestamps? To help you guys out, this version is 38 minutes long. It starts with Hiroki Takahashi singing Makafushigi Adventure, and ends with him singing Dragon Ball Densetsu (you know, the one that goes "Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball, Dragon Ball...I'll get it!"). H19 plays at 8:46. Mezase Tenkaichi plays at 10:04. Those are all the songs I recognize.
Of course, fortunately, the DB section only uses released tracks, so nobody would have a headache to recognize them
3:55 H3 "The Rolling Log" (Pilaf Saga Score)
4:22 M411 "Race to Devil's Hand" (Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle Score)
5:36 B2A "Happy Bulma" (Pilaf Saga Score)
6:20 D1 "Driving to Mt. Frypan" (Pilaf Saga Score)
6:47 J6 "Shenlong's Theme" (Pilaf Saga Score)
7:39 I9 "Going to Oolong's Mansion" (Pilag Saga Score)
8:07 M16 "Milk Delivery" (21th TB Score)
8:46 H19 "The Tournament Begins" (21th TB Score)
9:15 I14 "Horrible Shock!" (Pilaf Saga Score)
9:22 I18 "Oolong's Outta Time!" (Pilaf Saga Score)
13:39 M18 "The Opening Ceremony" (21th TB Score)
14:20 I15 "Oolong the Groom" (Pilaf Saga Score)
14:45 I21 "Hopeless Encounter" (Pilaf Saga Score)
15:30 I16 "Chase Music" (Pilaf Saga Score) (note: this one isn't used in the series)
16:19 I19 "Goku Fights Fearlessly" (Pilaf Saga Score)
17:07 M111 "The Sneak-And-Strut" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
18:05 M109 "Goku and Chichi To The Rescue" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
19:08 M118 "Si Xing Qiu Chase" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
20:06 M317 "Climbing The Tower" (Tao Pai Pai & Baba Arc Score)
21:01 M108 "Scramble!" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
22:11 M309 "Final Bang" (Tao Pai Pai & Baba Arc Score)
23:18 M509 "Yajirobe in Action" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
24:23 M308 "Last Resort Kamehameha" (Tao Pai Pai & Baba Arc Score)
25:24 M505 "The True Power of Piccolo" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score) (note: at 26:41 there's a abrupt pause that isn't present in the original cue)
26:49 M515 "One Last Shot" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
27:40 M516 "This One Fist" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
28:30 A11 "Through The Canyon" (Pilaf Saga Score)
29:21 M504 "Chaotic TB" (Piccolo Daimao Arc Score)
30:21 None, this one long note is probably meant to be a extra ending added to the previous cue, or a extra beginning for the next cue, both original cues doesn't have this particular note.
30:25 M441 "Lucifer's End" (Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle Score) (note: at 31:02 a new ending is added to the track, that part is much shorter in the original)
31:08 M229 "Goku vs Yamcha" (Dragon Ball The Movie: The Legend of Shenlong Score)
31:39 M420 "The Demon Army Runs Over Goku & Kuririn" (Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle Score)
32:19 M116 "The Water Returns" (Red Ribbon Arc Score)
33:20 B3 "Wind of Sentiment" (Pilaf Saga Score) (note: actually, a unreleased alternate version of this cue was used in the series, not this version)

Hope it's all correct, hope it helps.
Thanks Rafa
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Gridlock

Post by Gridlock » Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:35 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:07 am
Gridlock wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 3:38 pm I know this is Abridged, but I'm also pretty sure it's original Dragon Ball tune in these scene... Can anyone give me the name of the track you can here from 12:02 to 12:16?

"In Goes The Dragon Ball!" (BGM M656), it's the last track from the Great Mystical Adventure movie.
Thank you so much, it's been bugging me for a while now. :)

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:04 am

Is there a documentation for DB Super? I finally watched all of DB Super and it's films. It wasn't too bad. Definitely entertainment.

I like about like 25 tracks from Super and mostly all of them are from the beginning until the end of Goku Black arc.

"Heroic Battle" and "Trouble Erupts" are my favorites. Other fantastic tracks for me include "Frieza is Resurrected" , "Champa's Theme"."The Terror of Frieza's army" is a really good one. "

"An Antagonistic Battle" definitely has GT vibes and I love it.

Anyways - yes. Documentation would be nice to I can revisit where and when some of the great tracks are played.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:48 am

Super 17 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:04 am Is there a documentation for DB Super? I finally watched all of DB Super and it's films. It wasn't too bad. Definitely entertainment.

I like about like 25 tracks from Super and mostly all of them are from the beginning until the end of Goku Black arc.

"Heroic Battle" and "Trouble Erupts" are my favorites. Other fantastic tracks for me include "Frieza is Resurrected" , "Champa's Theme"."The Terror of Frieza's army" is a really good one. "

"An Antagonistic Battle" definitely has GT vibes and I love it.

Anyways - yes. Documentation would be nice to I can revisit where and when some of the great tracks are played.
Yeah unfortunately there isn't one for Super, maybe I could do one someday, but I'm not interested at the moment, and if I do it, definitely won't have the same quality as Blade & Kenisu's documentations, as I don't know how to do in that way.
But there's already one for episode 131 here (note: "Vegeta's Sacrifice" and "Dreams Never End" are both unreleased tracks from Kai Boo, also, the actual name of the track listed as "Limit Break x Survivor [Variant]" is "Limit Break x Survivor [Instrumental Type C]")

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:42 am

Terez has completed a full, comprehensive catalog of Sumitomo music (spanning Kai, BoG, ResF, and Super) for our forthcoming wiki. The individual pages for Super episodes all, at a quick glance, seem to have their full music catalogs as well.

Here's a random snippet from Super episode 60's page:

She's done an incredible amount of work that hasn't publicly debuted yet (inclusive of Sumitomo and far beyond), but rest assured it's coming and you'll love it!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 20, 2023 6:45 pm

Super 17 wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 4:04 am Is there a documentation for DB Super?
VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:42 am Terez has completed a full, comprehensive catalog of Sumitomo music (spanning Kai, BoG, ResF, and Super) for our forthcoming wiki. The individual pages for Super episodes all, at a quick glance, seem to have their full music catalogs as well.

She's done an incredible amount of work that hasn't publicly debuted yet (inclusive of Sumitomo and far beyond), but rest assured it's coming and you'll love it!
There you go

Super 17
Regular

Post by Super 17 » Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:46 pm

Right on Terez! Thank you.

And thanks VegettoEX for the info.

Looking forward for that.

DB1984
Banned

Post by DB1984 » Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:17 am

VegettoEX wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:42 am Terez has completed a full, comprehensive catalog of Sumitomo music (spanning Kai, BoG, ResF, and Super) for our forthcoming wiki. The individual pages for Super episodes all, at a quick glance, seem to have their full music catalogs as well.

Will it have the other DB composers, too? Or just Sumitomo?