Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xaroc
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball: The Breakers (PS4/Switch/Xbox One/Steam)

Post by Xaroc » Sun Oct 30, 2022 6:13 am

Alright, so far I really like this Game. Some things needs some more Balancing but it works. If you know what you're doing and you're Teammates don't suck or outright betray your Team (like gathering the Dragon Balls, wishing for Level 4 and then not attacking the Raider but leading him to every other Survivor or activating the Escape Time Machine just to fly away from you/to the Raider so he can destroy it).

However, what they really REALLY need to fix ASAP on PS4/5 are those Infinite Loading Screens/VS Screens. Over this entire Weekend I could play fine. But only as Survivor. Everytime I finally got to play as Raider? Welp, I'm not allowed to. It simply won't load into the actual Match.
I never get my last Trophy at this Rate (50 Raider Matches).
PSN: Xaroc__
(playing Xenoverse 2 on PS5)
CaC-Name: Xaroc

交代だ ("Kōtaida")
"My turn." - Roxas, 2019

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Mon Dec 12, 2022 9:13 am

I pre-ordered on PS4/5 and realized that this kind of game would do great on my Steam Deck! So, I ended up canceling it for Playstation and getting it from Steam. And every single time I played it, the Easy Anti-Cheat would kick me out any 30 seconds in. I don't know why, but the game was unplayable, so I got a refund for that too.

From the very, very little that I did get to play (mostly the tutorial), it was okay. But then you channel the Z-Warriors or something?

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:40 am

Not to be negative but safe to say this game is dead and devs will probably abandon soon? It was a fun idea.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:47 am

nato25 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:40 am Not to be negative but safe to say this game is dead and devs will probably abandon soon? It was a fun idea.
Haven't they announced it will have 4 seasons? (with Raider Oozaru Vegeta being the first).
I'm not sure how long will it take to release all the DLC characters. I think it should be supported until then at least.

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:15 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 5:47 am
nato25 wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 5:40 am Not to be negative but safe to say this game is dead and devs will probably abandon soon? It was a fun idea.
Haven't they announced it will have 4 seasons? (with Raider Oozaru Vegeta being the first).
I'm not sure how long will it take to release all the DLC characters. I think it should be supported until then at least.
Without a player base I don't see them pouring money into a game with no players. Would be interesting to have those stats.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Wed Jan 04, 2023 1:33 pm

I honestly feel like this was a filler game to gather more time for a big game in the likes of Xenoverse , FighterZ and Kakarot. While the smart thing to do is release a sequel to the above franchises, I would love a new 2.5D game with the charm of the PS2 iterations.
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:47 am

Wow....this is really incovenient, and...expected? I mean, rest in peace? I remember, I only came out here last year and worried about the game because I've heard rumors that it would have a story mode, which is what made me interested, even more when I saw small clips of Trunks dialogue and he acting alongside the player, but then everything we got was only was that forgettable tutorial lol (blame me as you want, it's fair, there wasn't a promise for the game regarding this), I expected a finite mode at least (blame again), of course my interest died when I saw the actual full game, sure, it looks fun, but, that's really it, I watched some streams and gameplays and then continued with my life, probably would've did the same If I had the game in hands, but I still got aware of the Oozaru Vegeta stuff, and....still nothing?
No different maps, extremely outdated graphics and character animations (gosh Raging Blast 2 & Ultimate Tenkaichi are a whole decade older and both look much better), totally uneccessary gacha system, lack of content...
Guess making a online focused non-free to play game wasn't a good idea after all, just as me and everyone thought from the start.
I agree with budokaifanatic007, from start I also thought this was only a filler game, won't say that the game is unfinished or something, but they definitely only released it in the state it is to meet their schedule that started in the GaaS era, releasing one console DB game at each 2 years (SDBHWM doesn't count as it's only a card game and mostly a revamped version of a already existing arcade game)

Well at least i hope everyone who spent money on it doesn't feel repentant.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:25 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:47 ambut I still got aware of the Oozaru Vegeta stuff,
They delayed it by another month, as if this game already wasn't scrapping for content. Now I doubt even that will bring much playerbase, probably for a week before everyone gets tired of seeing the same stuff again.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:55 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 9:25 am They delayed it by another month, as if this game already wasn't scrapping for content. Now I doubt even that will bring much playerbase, probably for a week before everyone gets tired of seeing the same stuff again.
I don't get it, If they want a active playerbase just make the game free to play already, I've hear some games did that, initially you needed to buy them, but lately they turned into f2p.
I'm really not critical, but this was definitely a failure and scam, you buy a game that should be free, and it doesn't even countains the promised upgrade schedule.
For a game like this, having a huge playerbase only at launch isn't enough.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:22 am

Soooooo is this game pretty much dead?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Apr 27, 2023 10:11 am

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Thu Apr 27, 2023 12:22 am Soooooo is this game pretty much dead?
I just checked, it averages around 350 players on Steam. No idea about the other platforms.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Jun 07, 2023 1:58 pm

Ginuy Force trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T1TGeqi ... entAmerica

Looks kinda fun with the diversity of characters.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:28 am

It's hilarious how I'm posting again, but season 4 trailer is here :

https://youtu.be/WjWxGYgYP1g?si=Wh5pAglS1tdVF-fM

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Oct 29, 2023 4:27 pm

sangofe wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 2:28 am It's hilarious how I'm posting again, but season 4 trailer is here :

https://youtu.be/WjWxGYgYP1g?si=Wh5pAglS1tdVF-fM
You shall forever be the only person who posts in this thread. Just kidding.

Y'know I don't understand why they went for Super Broly, I feel like Z Broly would be better.

And with this being a Xenoverse spinoff, you could have Cheelai still be here and be freaked out about the Z Broly.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Feb 27, 2024 2:54 am

So there's Goku Black now. I'm amazed this game is still alive.