Cell Max Genetic Makeup?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Cell Max Genetic Makeup?

Post by Almighty Majin » Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:14 pm

So we know the original Cell was composed primarily using DNA from Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Freeza, and King Cold as well as possibly some other specimens like insects and stuff. Dr. Hedo stated he did not want to follow his grandfather's creation process and wanted to create Cell Max his own way rather than going by Dr. Gero's original formula. As seen after Cell Max loses an arm, he is not able to regenerate it which means he does not have the Namekian DNA from Piccolo. This makes me wonder if Cell Max even has Saiyan or Freeza DNA.

Is Cell Max just a bio-android created purely from scratch without any borrowed DNA from previous powerful fighters? Did Hedo perhaps realize that granting the DNA of Saiyans, Namekians, or Freeza would influence the personality like it did for the original Cell and opted to just create a creature that he could fully control?

Is Cell Max really just an amalgamation of the DNA of a bunch of wild creatures combined with the battle data that the Gammas received?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Cell Max Genetic Makeup?

Post by ZombieVito » Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:33 pm

Didn't Cell Max had visible cables coming out of his damaged arm?

That + having to be colored before activation tells me he's 100% artificial.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Thu Jan 19, 2023 8:36 pm

I finally took the time to watch the whole film today and Hedo did say something about Cell Max having grown cells in his make up so...maybe he's a true organic-machine hybrid? A hard, mechanical endoskeleton with flesh grown over it to complete the hybridization. It's also worth noting that Cell Max acted more like a living creature that had gone mad than a cold, calculating automaton. Perhaps Dr. Hedo couldn't completely replicate Cell with whatever collected material that may have remained so he just did the best he could?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 3:14 pm

He was a imcomplete being, he was never fully finished. I wish they save Cell Max for something else instead because the idea of a new Cell with the DNA of Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, current Freeza, Majin Buu, Broly, and Moro would be a killer beast.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:53 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 11:33 pm Didn't Cell Max had visible cables coming out of his damaged arm?

That + having to be colored before activation tells me he's 100% artificial.
He’s stated to have living cells, which take time to nurture, and you can see bones and meat once his arm comes off. I’d guess those “cables” are just his weird, cartoony bug veins, etc.

The film’s mum on his genetic make-up, but if he was based on the data for the original Cell, perhaps he’s 1:1 with his DNA, just further augmented by Hedo’s process. After all, Piccolo, Goku, Vegeta and Freeza were capable of reaching much, much higher strengths than they had at the time of the Cell arc.