Would Buu able to copy UI or Hakai?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Would Buu able to copy UI or Hakai?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jan 29, 2023 2:43 am

Majin Buu was already really good at copying attacks from others like Goku's Kamehameha, Vegeta's volley ki blast, and Kibitoshin's Kai Kai after only seeing it used once. I wonder if Buu can copy god powers as easily as other abilities.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Would Buu able to copy UI or Hakai?

Post by theherodjl » Sun Jan 29, 2023 3:36 am

I imagine Boo could copy UI but it wouldn't be on the same level as Goku's or that of the Angels' level. It would probably be on par with Roshi's UI-knockoff, UI Sign, or Moro's attempt at stealing and utilizing Merus' UI. It's a technique that gets better based on the personal growth of the individual user rather than a generic move that anyone can learn.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:26 pm

Semi-related to the discussion at hand, Kid Buu being able to use Kai Kai actually isn't that surprising. Sure, it's possible that he copied that technique on the fly, but he did absorb the Southern Kaiohshin back in the day, not to mention that Good Buu (who, while detached at that time, was still influencing Kid Buu enough to make him unable to attack Mister Satan) still hosts the Dai Kaiohshin as seen in the Moro arc, so there is at least one if not two people inside Kid Buu who know how to use Kai Kai, so it's also possible that he simply used that technique as part of his expanded repertoire.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:53 am

Fat Buu retained the spirit of the Grand Supreme Kai, which may guide him on how to use and control these powers.

The more interesting subject is Uub. As mentioned in the post above Uub, as the reincarnation of Kid Buu, has inherited the Grand Supreme Kai's Divine powers (the Divine powers had passed onto Kid Buu when the split happened).

I'm guessing that Uub shouldn't have too many problems with these Divine techniques, since he has Divine energy from a Supreme Kai (extremely powerful resource). Which contributes to Goku's fascination with Uub and his decision to abandon everything to train him at the end.

And Yeah, Kid Buu using Kai Kai is not surprising. Kai Kai is a technique of the Kais (and it's actually the most OP teleportation technique in the verse, surpassing even the Angels' travelling methods in speed), and Kid Buu inherited the power of Grand Supreme Kai, so it makes sense that he'd be able to use Kai Kai eventually.