"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:40 am I don't know about that, but it's a weird coincidence that a web anime for Sand Land was announced around the time the supposed DB web anime was to be announced... Anyway rule of thumb: Don't be believe in anything until it's officially announced.
Sand Land? Damn thanks for reminding me about it, then it's checkmate, at least for me, the web series definitely is Sand Land, whoever was responsible for the leak of the web series probably misunderstood it as a Dragon Ball project due to the similar character design/artstyle, and just as you said, it was announced December 8th, the day that the DB web series was rumored to be announced.
Web series mystery solved imo.

Now about the new TV series, I definitely see it as just one more of the thousand "DBS will Return" leaks made by people that just can't hold it until a official announcement happens.
Damn, even at the time when I saw "Chikashi Kubota and Naohiro Shintani returning" my mind was "It's too good to be true"
Definitely sounds like a desire of someone who wants in a sequel the best that Super could offer.
Way too dreamy.

For me, a new TV series won't happen til late 2024/early 2025.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:41 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:14 am
FortuneSSJ wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 1:40 am I don't know about that, but it's a weird coincidence that a web anime for Sand Land was announced around the time the supposed DB web anime was to be announced... Anyway rule of thumb: Don't be believe in anything until it's officially announced.
Sand Land? Damn thanks for reminding me about it, then it's checkmate, at least for me, the web series definitely is Sand Land, whoever was responsible for the leak of the web series probably misunderstood it as a Dragon Ball project due to the similar character design/artstyle, and just as you said, it was announced December 8th, the day that the DB web series was rumored to be announced.
Web series mystery solved imo.

Now about the new TV series, I definitely see it as just one more of the thousand "DBS will Return" leaks made by people that just can't hold it until a official announcement happens.
Damn, even at the time when I saw "Chikashi Kubota and Naohiro Shintani returning" my mind was "It's too good to be true"
Definitely sounds like a desire of someone who wants in a sequel the best that Super could offer.
Way too dreamy.

For me, a new TV series won't happen til late 2024/early 2025.

Toei isn't producing Sand Land. Why would it have anything to say? I'm sure the web series project for Dragon Ball will happen.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:00 pm

sangofe wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:41 am Toei isn't producing Sand Land. Why would it have anything to say? I'm sure the web series project for Dragon Ball will happen.
I personally don't think that not made being made by Toei have something to do with it. Even if it's not by Toei, the character art still looks very similar to Dragon Ball, so I definitely see it as a misinterpretation by the leaker as a DB project. For me it's really difficulty for all that to be just a coincidence.
Also we already have the SDBH promotional animated series, which is already sort of a web series, I really don't think they would make a similar stuff running at the same time.
SDBH would need to end first imo, or idk, they could all run at the same time, but I don't believe it'll happen.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 11:00 pm
sangofe wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:41 am Toei isn't producing Sand Land. Why would it have anything to say? I'm sure the web series project for Dragon Ball will happen.
I personally don't think that not made being made by Toei have something to do with it. Even if it's not by Toei, the character art still looks very similar to Dragon Ball, so I definitely see it as a misinterpretation by the leaker as a DB project. For me it's really difficulty for all that to be just a coincidence.
Also we already have the SDBH promotional animated series, which is already sort of a web series, I really don't think they would make a similar stuff running at the same time.
SDBH would need to end first imo, or idk, they could all run at the same time, but I don't believe it'll happen.
Believe what you want.

I have faith in the French YouTuber saikyou_devin. For years he's been extremely cautious about going out with information. He wasn't gonna comment on this but did because others did before him. He's confirmed the work has started on it. He says it's not impossible it could get canceled but according to him the work has definitely started.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:39 pm

sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 am Believe what you want.

I have faith in the French YouTuber saikyou_devin. For years he's been extremely cautious about going out with information. He wasn't gonna comment on this but did because others did before him. He's confirmed the work has started on it. He says it's not impossible it could get canceled but according to him the work has definitely started.
Wait, now's that's something, I mean, then who started with it? So I can think that indeed the project is real, but at some point, maybe, SOME of the info was incorrect delivered or translated, as you said "he said it's not impossible it could get canceled", maybe actually the leak meant that the announcement was canceled, would explain why the "Announcement at December" didn't became a thing (I remember something similar happened with Super Hero's delayed release date) I don't understand French, so I wonder what exactly was said tho, I haven't saw any further detail about the project.
There's a chance of 70% to be true imo.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 am

Rafa Fast wrote: Mon Jan 30, 2023 10:39 pm
sangofe wrote: Sat Jan 28, 2023 2:41 am Believe what you want.

Wait, now's that's something, I mean, then who started with it? So I can think that indeed the project is real, but at some point, maybe, SOME of the info was incorrect delivered or translated, as you said "he said it's not impossible it could get canceled", maybe actually the leak meant that the announcement was canceled, would explain why the "Announcement at December" didn't became a thing (I remember something similar happened with Super Hero's delayed release date) I don't understand French, so I wonder what exactly was said tho, I haven't saw any further detail about the project.
There's a chance of 70% to be true imo.
Well, this youtuber said there had never been talk of an announcement date but that the people mentioned working on it were correct, plus many other high quality animators.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:54 am

sangofe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 am Well, this youtuber said there had never been talk of an announcement date but that the people mentioned working on it were correct, plus many other high quality animators.
So actually the Chikashi Kubota and Naohiro Shintani rumor was related to the Web Series?
Hmmmmm, maybe it's taking too much time because they want Super2 and the WS to run at the same time, so Yeah I trust it
But I still think that the SDBH promotional animated series would need to end first, unless I'm wrong and they can indeed work on both 3 at the same time
Which isn't far from what was like in the Z era. They did the TV Series, the Movies, the TV Specials, and the Animations for Gaiden & a few more video games, all at the same time.
So yeah. Idk, I'll wait, thanks for the info too.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:53 pm

Rafa Fast wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:54 am
sangofe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 1:46 am Well, this youtuber said there had never been talk of an announcement date but that the people mentioned working on it were correct, plus many other high quality animators.
So actually the Chikashi Kubota and Naohiro Shintani rumor was related to the Web Series?
Hmmmmm, maybe it's taking too much time because they want Super2 and the WS to run at the same time, so Yeah I trust it
But I still think that the SDBH promotional animated series would need to end first, unless I'm wrong and they can indeed work on both 3 at the same time
Which isn't far from what was like in the Z era. They did the TV Series, the Movies, the TV Specials, and the Animations for Gaiden & a few more video games, all at the same time.
So yeah. Idk, I'll wait, thanks for the info too.
Yes, they'll be working on the web series along with Toriyama and others.

What saikyou_devin has said is that Dragon Ball super is not likely to return at the same time as the web series.

And SDBH promotional animated won't share staff with the other productions. He also said it's hard for Toei to get animators to work on heroes.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Tue Jan 31, 2023 6:29 pm

sangofe wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 12:53 pm Yes, they'll be working on the web series along with Toriyama and others.

What saikyou_devin has said is that Dragon Ball super is not likely to return at the same time as the web series.
That is really big stuff, maybe it isn't going to be some filler stuff as many thought? I wonder to which one they are giving a major priority.
And SDBH promotional animated won't share staff with the other productions. He also said it's hard for Toei to get animators to work on heroes.
It explains why Heroes have unimpressive and uninspired fights so often, thanks for the unusual reveal XD

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:21 pm

So the new series replacing Ghost Game is just a random new anime named "The Great Mission" (No Dragon Ball or Digimon) GREAT! :thumbdown:

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:33 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:21 pm So the new series replacing Ghost Game is just a random new anime named "The Great Mission" (No Dragon Ball or Digimon) GREAT! :thumbdown:
That's a nice claim you got there; why don't you back it up with a source?
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:38 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:21 pm So the new series replacing Ghost Game is just a random new anime named "The Great Mission" (No Dragon Ball or Digimon) GREAT! :thumbdown:
Tousouchuu: The Great Mission is based on the popular game show run for money: Tousouchuu. It's hardly random that Fuji TV is working with a regular collaborator to create an anime based on another of their popular programs.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:05 pm

FPSSJ4_Goku wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:33 pm
That's a nice claim you got there; why don't you back it up with a source?
Sorry, here is the source: https://myanimelist.net/news/68568605
JulieYBM wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:38 pm
Tousouchuu: The Great Mission is based on the popular game show run for money: Tousouchuu. It's hardly random that Fuji TV is working with a regular collaborator to create an anime based on another of their popular programs.
I meant random in the sense of that is no known anime name, and I dont want to disrespect someone that may be interested in it, I'm just a bit salty I guess.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:50 pm

The web anime will come out before a TV anime anyway.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:07 am

I thought the new web series was Sand Land?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:37 pm

shadd21 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:07 am I thought the new web series was Sand Land?
Sand Land is a film and not being produced by Toei Animation.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Wed Apr 05, 2023 7:51 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 6:37 pm
shadd21 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 2:07 am I thought the new web series was Sand Land?
Sand Land is a film and not being produced by Toei Animation.
Ahh.

What all do we know about this new web series? Will it even follow Goku and co?

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:25 am

As new supposed "leaks" appear online here and there, what do you personally think the web anime will be like?
And how hyped should we be for it? Because if it's not Dragon Ball Super, it could also mean that we're getting something important to the lore that doesn't fit into the current timeline, like the past of this franchise that we still have to explore.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:31 pm

Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:25 am As new supposed "leaks" appear online here and there, what do you personally think the web anime will be like?
And how hyped should we be for it? Because if it's not Dragon Ball Super, it could also mean that we're getting something important to the lore that doesn't fit into the current timeline, like the past of this franchise that we still have to explore.

I dont know if there is any "leak" I would trust at this point, even if the Leaker was someone known, Hell, at thjis point I wont belive it even if my own mother was the one telling me.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Apr 08, 2023 4:39 pm

I doubt that's true, but the only thing I don't like in that "leak" is Turles, because we already have Goku Black for the evil Goku role.
DB "Leakers" have been having it so easy for the past years. It's actually ridiculous. Some people still swear the anime was supposed to come back in 2019. but didn't because "plans change". So much that nothing was announced as of April 2023... :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.