Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TobyS
I Live Here

Re: Super Dragon Ball Heroes (Manga) Discussion Thread

Post by TobyS » Tue Jan 10, 2023 11:04 am

Do you think Heroes is setting up anything?

Either an end to things before the main manga and web and tv series comes back. Perhaps relaunching when there's more material to heroize?

The destroyed scrolls are restored and possible spin offs from the tournament universes? If so which would be most commercially viable? Which would you prefer viability aside?
Perhaps a what if? Style series?

Chopping things down just to just the canon timelines since super clarified this after heroes had already got far into it's run?

-----

Also inb4 it's not canon but did heroes explain why the canon time ring times are not represented but the others are?

Do I recall it being said there were more histories than were in the tourney but the element of luck thing Aeos mentioned was a factor in them being randomly chosen. So more timelines were made after we saw the time ring box in super and the other ring times we saw just were not chosen?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm

IIRC Time Rings were explicitly stated multiplying when new timelines are created with time travel.

The other timelines we see for example in thus saga are "naturally occurring" and thus don't create new time rings

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm IIRC Time Rings were explicitly stated multiplying when new timelines are created with time travel.

The other timelines we see for example in thus saga are "naturally occurring" and thus don't create new time rings
Ahh is that ever stated anywhere?

I assumed heroes started showing alternative times and movie villains and shit before super and the time rings were even dreamed up.

I figured it was just a contradiction and heroes just kept going and didn't want to decanonise those early arcs and start again.

Alternatively you can imagine the timelines and rings were created after we see the box in super and thus there were no rings yet.

Them being naturally occuring would make sense and explain the contradiction but it doesn't explain then why Aeos is triggered by their existence and thinks there are too many...

Or if there actually are too many that Chronoa wouldn't delete them or prevent them from happening like she does in xenoverse if that's supposed to be her job she signed up for willingly.

Is it just supposed to be trimmed down occasionally?

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:21 am

Is the manga published in the United States (because it's not in France)?!...
Yeah, there's still no English or French release yet, but it's out in some other European languages:
Germany - up to Big Bang Mission Vol. 2 (Vol. 3 coming in March)
Italy - up to Big Bang Mission Vol. 3
Spain - Universe Mission + Dark Demon Realm volumes
Since it's SDBH, I guess Chilled will have a lot of new forms if he remains in the series!!...
I really like that they gave Chilled a backstory with the Glass race and even make him appear in the current story.
That's clearly one of the things I like to see in Heroes. Expanding on characters and lore from movies, spinoffs or GT 8)
Hopefully we can see more of him, and might be able to transform as well :lol:
They just need near simultaneous digital release and some people would pay but they always sit around with their dicks in their hands.
Bit of a shame, indeed.
That was an April fools joke from last year. Would be nice for it to become reality one day.
I assumed heroes started showing alternative times and movie villains and shit before super and the time rings were even dreamed up.
When it comes to time rings and SDBH timelines.. I always imagine a scene where Gowasu tries opening the box, which explodes and billions of rings hitting his head :lol:

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:05 pm

TobyS wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:49 pm
ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:13 pm IIRC Time Rings were explicitly stated multiplying when new timelines are created with time travel.

Ahh is that ever stated anywhere?
Time Rings being created by unauthorized time-travel I'm moderately sure was stated in manga and anime

the "naturally occurring" part is my speculation
of course that's the out-of-universe explanation.
Them being naturally occuring would make sense and explain the contradiction but it doesn't explain then why Aeos is triggered by their existence and thinks there are too many...
She just believes One True Canon History is enough. We haven't been told WHY she believes so.

It's implied being a (relatively) recent change in her worldview, or at least a radicalization.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:54 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:05 pm
She just believes One True Canon History is enough. We haven't been told WHY she believes so.

It's implied being a (relatively) recent change in her worldview, or at least a radicalization.
I'm not sure if she kept them down to one in her time or just that the amount has exploded since Towa and others started fucking about. Otherwise I wonder why she decided to come back now...

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Tue Feb 07, 2023 7:57 am

A few images from the 12th chapter (but no summary yet) :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Chap ... d_Mission)

Omori
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omori » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:48 am

Ultra God Mission Chapter 14 released this week.
The fight against Demigra continues.
In another area Xeno Goten and Masked Super 17 fight against Super 13, Slug and Bojack.
And Vegeta and Turles face Majin Buu (fat version).

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sun Apr 09, 2023 5:59 pm

Omori wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:48 am Ultra God Mission Chapter 14 released this week.
The fight against Demigra continues.
In another area Xeno Goten and Masked Super 17 fight against Super 13, Slug and Bojack.
And Vegeta and Turles face Majin Buu (fat version).
Nice synergy that Goten gets a little bit of dialogue and stuff at the time he just had chapters in the main comic.

Really not a lot happened though, we already new what matchups there were, other than the henchmen getting frozen by the kaioshins no one was really taken out of play or killed.

I wonder if this is the end of the demony aspect of SDBH, I can see at least Demigra and by extension meckikabura dying at the end of this, the two demon factions sorta reuniting and slinking back off to the Demon realm. I don't see any turning good and sticking around.

I'd like that Reaper dude and maybe Gravy get taken out.

I'd like super 17 to go down, because not just because I don't like GT but he has zero personality, it just feels like he's there to bulk out the "Heroes characters" team.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Sat May 06, 2023 10:38 pm

Latest chapter spoilers:

So Hit is beating the hell out of Finn, Yamcha and Vidro do the same double attack and it takes out Chilled, they explain the glass tribes attack depends on their emotions, explaining her inconsistent threat/power level so far, and why a Tandem attack with Yamcha is extra effective, in addition to Yamcha saying this guy is much weaker than Freez and the like.

Chilled and Finn are then Glassed and conclusively defeated, in the anime we didn't "see a body" yet.

Vegeta kills fat buu, but the supreme Kaioshins ported Vegeta away before he could resume his Turles fight.

Super Vegito is set up here as planned.

Wonder how the anime will differ.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jun 03, 2023 3:51 pm

The newest chapter has some outstanding art, but even ignoring the weird way Goku and Vegeta fused (like I actually get Vegeta, they fuse way too much on this continuity lol, but Vegetto's clothes don't make sense, and with Goku passed out imho the result should be something like Super's manga Kefla) it's really puzzling to see standard Blue Vegetto having such an easy time with Demigra. Either he is not actually getting any further form, or Demigra is just going to transform again. Really hoping it's the later.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:24 pm

So the latest chapter has not been translated yet, but I'm not seeing any scans raw or otherwise, I think Chronicles is on holiday or something.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Wed Aug 09, 2023 6:23 pm

So the latest #sdbhmanga chapter has been translated and uploaded to twitter.

I didn't realise Omega was still alive.

This is so much more coherent and self contained than the anime.

Gogeta is running outta time despite beating brolys ass and ends up punching him into a portal opened by the two henchmen of demigra.

I liked that uio goku and vegeta ssbEvilki Vegeta were maybe enough to repel the blast but omega shenron side sweepa vegeta out the way.

Trunks being back on his no bullshit end the fight asap attitude slashes the shit outta him and sucks him into a timescroll.

Both secondary villians BFRed makes me wonder if they will be in the Ozzotto arc. Maybe even absorbed by him to explain the needed powerup for him to be the next big bad.

full UI and ss4 bardock and ss2 gohan making up for vegetas missing power seems right from a powerscaling pov.

My only concern is they have one chapter to finish demigra and any of the side fights...

I wonder what's happening to vidro/yamcha and the warriors in black next issue.

I'm quite hype for the ozzotto arc.

Rouge the Bat
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rouge the Bat » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:36 am

Summary and some pictures from chapter #19 :

https://dragonball.fandom.com/wiki/Chap ... d_Mission)

Great to see Demigra as a sorcerer when he wanted to become the next Supreme Kai of Time!!...
I would have loved to see him as a sorcerer in the first chapter of SDBH, as he was shown in an animated intro of DBH (not SDBH) during the creation of the Dark Realm!!...
That's my only regret about the manga...

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:07 am

I want to ask how is Super Dragon Ball Heroes Manga? I watched the anime version, but I got bored since it didn't make sense the story.
I know the anime is just to promote a game. I wanted to know if the manga is the same also.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:54 am

super michael wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:07 am I want to ask how is Super Dragon Ball Heroes Manga? I watched the anime version, but I got bored since it didn't make sense the story.
I know the anime is just to promote a game. I wanted to know if the manga is the same also.
The manga shows and explains things in more detail. Demigra for example got more lore (and especially his old master Mechikabura). Characters don't disappear on a whim between chapters like they do in the anime between episodes. I generally recommend it if you can get used to the art, which does get better with each chapter (the artist is genuinely improving as he goes)

The "key" panels where a new transformation occurs or a major battle is happening, are usually drawn with much more detail to put attention into it, such as below. So if you like these panels, there's plenty of them on the way:

super michael
Advanced Regular

Post by super michael » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:58 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:54 am
super michael wrote: Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:07 am I want to ask how is Super Dragon Ball Heroes Manga? I watched the anime version, but I got bored since it didn't make sense the story.
The manga shows and explains things in more detail. Demigra for example got more lore (and especially his old master Mechikabura). Characters don't disappear on a whim between chapters like they do in the anime between episodes. I generally recommend it if you can get used to the art, which does get better with each chapter (the artist is genuinely improving as he goes)

The "key" panels where a new transformation occurs or a major battle is happening, are usually drawn with much more detail to put attention into it, such as below. So if you like these panels, there's plenty of them on the way:
That is good that they explain things in details and characters don't disappear. From the look of the images that you posted, I do like how the manga looks. I will read the manga of Super Dragon Ball Heroes.

Thanks now I have another manga to read.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Thu Oct 05, 2023 2:52 pm

They both use Super Saiyan 2. It's very brief and the author made the old mistake of drawing it as a Super Saiyan.... Still, glad to see it.

Once again I'm tortured by the fact that this will never make it into the arcade, where I can see it in colors. Just as Super Saiyan Xeno Goten still hasn't made it as well. Why they do this to me? :(

I'll be honest, I was not expecting them to give yet another victory to Dragon Ball Super Goku, and one that feels like it's "definitive". If I were to guess, they would end it in a draw or something, so as not to piss off one side or the other. But here we are, in all continuities, the result is the same. But it is like I say, these Gokus come from different times and experienced different events, so it's not really a fair and conclusive outcome that is meant to be "set in stone" or anything. A fairer outcome would be these Gokus coming from the very same time period, at the very least. Preferrable if they have the same power level in base form as well, we would know which form provides the higher multiplier this way. Only then would we know who's actually stronger.

Fret not, Xeno Goku, you still have the better design and the better personality (which is what matter)! :)
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:31 pm

So a lot of us have always said xeno goku is stronger in base/the same forms before. That ss4 is weaker but xenos stronger to start with so it balances out.

I'm seeing some people claim that this chapter disproves that.

I disagree.

Once xeno goes ss3 cc feels the need to go god.

And it's not just him doing the next transformation first, because the moment xeno goes 4 he goes blue.

This makes me think this is still true, that heel needed god to leapfrog xenos 3.

Gokus ui forms are just much better than 4 and he effectively has another form in total.

I liked that.

I preferred having this fight than the anime teasing a tonne of fan service fights but not showing any.

The anime even teases a who's the strongest human Ten vs kuririn fight but didn't have the balls to show us the result 😅

I really wonder where the franchise goes from here.

There's basically 2 teams of xenos now and the cc guys.

ALL demons have been dealt with.

Ozzotto is heavily out numbered and after him there's no more lose ends except maybe broly and the evil heroes team.

QuakingStar
Regular

Post by QuakingStar » Thu Oct 05, 2023 7:09 pm

Both went SS, then SS2, then SS3, then CC goes SSGod to overpower Xeno SS3, who then goes SS4 and the beam clash explodes on CC Goku who then goes SSB. They are clearly depicted as even until MUI. They were smiling in SS2, and neither could gain an advantage. This continues to happen. It's quite clear they are now tied in base form, and SS4 is on the same level as SSBlue, while SS4LB is on the same level as UI-Sign(in power) and even with MUI both of them are evenly exhausted and bruised up at the end. Just as I thought it would end up being like, and I KNOW there are some people who don't like it :lol: