"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by nato25 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:56 am

miguelnuva1 wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:08 pm I don't see a reason why this roster when be near as big as the BT3 roster when that was one of Tenkaichi's selling points and this game is early in development.
Well they probably have to build every model from the ground up, I'd say I wouldn't expect the same roster sadly.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:14 am

Cautiously excited. The appeal of the BT games is the ridiculously large roster, so I hope they don't scale it down for budget concerns and instead build from where BT3 left off. I would be extremely disappointed if the game comes with 50 characters at launch and the rest are sold as DLC.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:20 am

Dude, that art style. Bro, that color palette. If the final game looks similar to the teaser, this one's going to outdo Kakarot and FighterZ in the looks department.

I don't expect any surprises from the roster. It'll have all the major characters that premiered in the Super anime/movies and absolutely nothing from the manga.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:51 am

Any guesses on what they'll call the game? I feel like they'll drop the 'Z' from the title. I'm predicting either Dragon Ball: Budokai Tenkaichi 4 or Dragon Ball Super: Budokai Tenkaichi.

I think the roster is my only concern for the game. Tenkaichi 3 had 161 characters. Judging by the visuals from that teaser, there ain't no god damn way they're making that many characters with visuals that good. I don't expect them to have as many characters as Tenkaichi 3, but a huge part of this series' appeal is the shit loads of characters that you can just have fight against each other and make your what if scenarios come true. I wanna be able to smack SSJ4 Gogeta with Devilman.

Regardless, I'm ridiculously excited. I haven't felt like this since FighterZ was announced back in 2017. The best thing about all of this is seeing everyone's reaction online. It's like the fandom just sprung back to life. This is what happens when you give fans what they want. Now bring the anime back pretty please.

mecha3000
Regular

Post by mecha3000 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:24 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:51 am Any guesses on what they'll call the game? I feel like they'll drop the 'Z' from the title. I'm predicting either Dragon Ball: Budokai Tenkaichi 4 or Dragon Ball Super: Budokai Tenkaichi.

I think the roster is my only concern for the game. Tenkaichi 3 had 161 characters. Judging by the visuals from that teaser, there ain't no god damn way they're making that many characters with visuals that good. I don't expect them to have as many characters as Tenkaichi 3, but a huge part of this series' appeal is the shit loads of characters that you can just have fight against each other and make your what if scenarios come true. I wanna be able to smack SSJ4 Gogeta with Devilman.

Regardless, I'm ridiculously excited. I haven't felt like this since FighterZ was announced back in 2017. The best thing about all of this is seeing everyone's reaction online. It's like the fandom just sprung back to life. This is what happens when you give fans what they want. Now bring the anime back pretty please.
Exactly. This kind of reminds me of the old days of the 2000s when Dragon Ball was surviving mainly because of merchandise, mainly the video games. There was no anime in the 2000s, just like so far in the 2020s, there's no anime. I mean, sure we get a manga and movies, but still, it's nice to have the fandom light up again.

And like you said, the anime coming back is the next goal.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:24 am

I wonder if they'll go with a "4", or possibly call it "Super Tenkaichi" :lol: Either way, I'm excited for this! I was hoping for another Xenoverse, only because I really loved making my own characters and running through the DBVerse with them, but I'll definitely take this!
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kokos

Post by Kokos » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:27 am

Just my personal story, but omg I can't help but gush about this. I was watching some Youtube yesterday until one of my subscriptions notified the announcement of the game. Seeing the teaser and the cheering was unreal, I still can't process the fact there's a new Tenkaichi coming :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I still love playing Tenkaichi 3 & Tenkaichi in general after 15+ years, even if my hype is ridiculous and may/might not be met for whatever reason, I still love this so much! :mrgreen:

Like others, I also have questions though... what platforms will this be on, what team works on this, are the creators of the BT & RB series even still around? I guess we'll find out eventually. As for the title, maybe it's more of a reboot than a BT4, I imagine a lot of newer gamers haven't heard of or played Tenkaichi and the developers want to make it more welcoming & relatable that way.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:53 am

Well... this came right out of left field. Hopefully, it won't be anything like the watered-down Raging Blast games. Very interested is seeing how it plays. Visually speaking, it looks good, at least.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:08 am

This is awesome, I can’t believe they are finally doing it and graphically it’s looking gorgeous.

I just hope that gameplay-wise it will be like BT3, without any major changes besides new combos and stuff.

As for character count I don’t really care if some minor characters do not make it into the game. I just wish to at least see Kid Goku and Piccolo Daimao, for example.

And of course it better have the most important DBS characters, but it probably will.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sunsetshimmer
I Live Here

Post by sunsetshimmer » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:14 am

Let's see if official BT4 turns out to be better than the fanmade BT4 project and if there is any reason to go for it beside better graphics. We need to wait to see some gameplay. I'm worried about content though. I feel this is going to be closer to Raging Blast roster than BT3 and half of characters will probably be paid.

I hope i'm wrong and we are getting a solid sequel that doesn't take away anything what made BT3 so great, keeps most of important characters and add some missing ones from DB/GT as well as DBS characters. Exactly what fanmade BT4 project did.
"I will concede that your feelings are worthy of the mightiest of Saiyans. However, there is more to my power than just this. Before you die, I will show it to you. This is the difference in power, between the primitive Saiyans and the evolved Tsufruians." ~Baby Vegeta

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:31 am

Can't believe I woke up to this :shock:

Hope that at least some Giants are playable, they've been always a staple of the BT series. I don't mean all of them, but the most memorable ones (Oozaru, Hirudegarn, Janemba) and some newcomers like Anilaza. Also SDBH content would be greatly welcome 8)

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:36 am

I dunno what to think about it. I would've preferred a budokai 4 over this.

90sDBZ
I Live Here

Post by 90sDBZ » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:42 am

Awesome news. I'd be happier if it was a new Budokai, but I'm still very excited for this.

It looks like they're really starting to listen to the fans. People have wanted this game since 2007, so it's nice to finally see them taking requests seriously.

Reminds me of that fake Sparking Omega rumour a few years back. People mocked those who believed it, saying the series was dead, but here we are now with a real BT4.

A lot of stuff has happened in recent years that once seemed impossible; new movies, a new series, Broly being made canon, a truly competitive DB fighting game at evo etc..

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:49 am

Xeogran wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:31 am Can't believe I woke up to this :shock:

Hope that at least some Giants are playable, they've been always a staple of the BT series. I don't mean all of them, but the most memorable ones (Oozaru, Hirudegarn, Janemba) and some newcomers like Anilaza. Also SDBH content would be greatly welcome 8)
If Giants are playable, I just realized we could play as Cell Max

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:15 am

In one of those interviews, Toyo said he was sure the manga characters and forms would show up in videogames. Maybe this game had exclusivity to the manga characters all along? too soon to tell, but not too soon to get excited nor to misinterpret an old interview.

I'm prepared to be disappointed but I'm expecting a total of 724 Gokus.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Mar 06, 2023 11:16 am

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:39 am
Trouser wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:32 am Hell yes! Just give me more Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball GT characters and I'm game.
I'm sure they'll be in the game, behind a DLC paywall of course.
That would suck dragon balls... One of the reasons BT series was so awesome is that it had big roster from the start. But I guess we live in a world now where games cannot exist without paid DLCs.

Would be cool to have OG DB and GT characters done properly AND in the base game.

I hope the game will come out on PC (mods are going to be insane).
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 pm

I read somewhere that it's going to be Super-focused, and that Moro will be in this one, but I have no official document stating this.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:45 pm

I hope we get team ultimates. Missed opportunity not to include them in CC2's Kakarot, especially since there were already team attacks
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:53 pm

IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:45 pm I hope we get team ultimates. Missed opportunity not to include them in CC2's Kakarot, especially since there were already team attacks
Man, we're probably going to get Fusions in a Dragon Ball game, when was the last time since we had that in a Fighting game?

I keep thinking about the roster and I hope all the Gods of Destruction are playable

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular

Post by Nickolaidas » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:00 pm

If they have Moro, Black Frieza won't be far behind.