"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gt91
Regular

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by Gt91 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:07 pm

YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!! Best news ever!!! It's a direct sequel!
Do you know what it means? Giants, dragon ball characters, great gameplay, attacks clash, 200+ characters and more!!!
The hype is super real :clap:

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:48 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 pm I read somewhere that it's going to be Super-focused, and that Moro will be in this one, but I have no official document stating this.
I hope it's not true. I mean, Super Arcs after proper Z Arcs would be cool and all, but Super-focused? Would be a BIG mistake.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:02 pm

Gt91 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 3:07 pm YEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!!!! Best news ever!!! It's a direct sequel!
Do you know what it means? Giants, dragon ball characters, great gameplay, attacks clash, 200+ characters and more!!!
The hype is super real :clap:
I don't think you should have high expectations for the game to have a huge roster, I think the core game will be just like BT3 but will be half the roster size. Years of DLC could bring it to the same roster count though.

Unfortunately I'm expecting some of the characters to be part of DLC packs, a DLC Pack could look like this:

Grandpa Gohan, Kid Chichi, Granola, Ultra Ego Vegeta

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:21 pm

Has it been confirmed to be Tenkaichi 4? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:25 pm

It's really weird to see a Tenkaichi branded game after all these years. Casually optimistic, let's see what we get.

Really like the character model and shading, but I'm not too fond of the stage style, feels too realistic like Jump Force. Hopefully it's not representative of the end product, I'd much prefer a more stylized and vibrant look like FighterZ's stages.
Last edited by omegalucas on Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:26 pm

nato25 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:21 pm Has it been confirmed to be Tenkaichi 4? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
That's what people are saying it is but hasn't been confirmed. All we know is that it's part of the same series.

Tenkaichi Tag Team for example is part of the Tenkaichi series but I wouldn't call that Tenkaichi 4.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:37 pm

After some consideration, my stand is that if it doesn't have a 200+ roster I'm gonna scream.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:58 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:26 pm
nato25 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 4:21 pm Has it been confirmed to be Tenkaichi 4? I don't remember seeing that anywhere.
That's what people are saying it is but hasn't been confirmed. All we know is that it's part of the same series.

Tenkaichi Tag Team for example is part of the Tenkaichi series but I wouldn't call that Tenkaichi 4.
During the reveal they said it's been 15 years since the last game which Linea up with Tenkaichi 3 not tag team.

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:10 pm

Just now heard about this, and all I can say is, wow. This really did come out of nowhere. I didn’t even realize Spike was still around.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:18 pm

I'm excited, but I'm also kind of worried or wondering about a few things.

1. This game was made by Spike, I loved Spike's other BT games, but that was like 20 years ago. Current Spike made Jump Force.

2. New features? I really want things like destructive finishes (I know that was in there already, but it was just an animation of earth/namek exploding ) or team attacks (see Naruto storm games)

3. Are they going to include characters from Heroes? GT? How much are they intentionally leaving out for DLC

4. What's the story? Are we getting what-ifs like with BT2? Are we finally getting a game that starts with Super? What about GT or Dragon Ball?

5. How big is the roster? Xenoverse has a "big" roster but a lot of it were forms that should have been a part of the characters
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:26 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:53 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:45 pm I hope we get team ultimates. Missed opportunity not to include them in CC2's Kakarot, especially since there were already team attacks
Man, we're probably going to get Fusions in a Dragon Ball game, when was the last time since we had that in a Fighting game?

I keep thinking about the roster and I hope all the Gods of Destruction are playable
Fusion is available in DBZ: Kakarot

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:10 pm

I know its a Tenkaichi game, but I'm having a hard time believing Spike managed to make a DB game look as good as DBFZ from ASW. Didn't even know they were still around. It's one of those things I will only believe when it's officially confirmed.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Thanos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Thanos » Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:59 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:10 pm I know its a Tenkaichi game, but I'm having a hard time believing Spike managed to make a DB game look as good as DBFZ from ASW. Didn't even know they were still around. It's one of those things I will only believe when it's officially confirmed.
One of the big mysteries here seems to be the developer. The only ones who have come close to these quality of visuals are ArcSys, but that wouldn't really make sense since they only really make competitive 2-D fighting games. Spike truly nailed the Dragon Ball aesthetic in the PS2 era, but they seemed to struggle with higher definition graphics and everything they've done since has looked fairly cheap.

Could it be a collaboration between ArcSys and another developer? There's actually precedent for this in Extreme Butoden for 3DS, which had ArcSys do the visuals with Bandai Namco as developer. I have a feeling there's more to the story than just "oh Spike is back" unless they have a budget that allowed them to hire on more talent.
Thanos before Thanos was cool.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:44 pm

I have no clue on who might be developing this. Is it really Spike Chunsoft? Not to dig at them, but those visuals look way too good to have been made by them. I swear, Goku’s model in that teaser looked better than his model in Kakarot and maybe even FighterZ. They perfectly captured Goku’s look.

ZeroAnnihilated
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ZeroAnnihilated » Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:54 pm

Finally, a game that will bring us all together.
Be not afraid of greatness. Some are born great, some achieve greatness, and others have greatness thrust upon them.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:01 pm

Holy shit!
I was huge fan of BT3, that I have even bought Sparking! Meteor, the JP version to have Kikuchi soundtrack in!
Then I played hours of Raging Blast 2...
If they will manage to basically do RB2 with better graphics, man, I am in!
I have played most of the games afterwards just for the sake of novelty, but except for new characters, both Xenoverses were subpar in terms of gameplay and the visual design of the game wasn't much spectacular.
FighterZ is superb game, Kakarot was great nostalgia for a fan of Legacy Of Goku with small nitpicks and I hope that Bandai will serve us the ultimate DBZ simulator game...
Without broken and convoluted combos, with the cool visuals like in the teaser and hopefully, with huge roster!
Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:44 pm I have no clue on who might be developing this. Is it really Spike Chunsoft? Not to dig at them, but those visuals look way too good to have been made by them. I swear, Goku’s model in that teaser looked better than his model in Kakarot and maybe even FighterZ. They perfectly captured Goku’s look.
I don't wanna be rude, but IMHO even though the gameplay sucked, Raging Blast2/Ultimate Tenkaichi still looks miles better than Xenoverse...
I would actually put my finger on Dimps with Budokai and Xenoverse as being pretty bad with character models and overall look (except for Burst Limit of course).
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:47 pm

Is this going to have a bunch of DLC characters like the Xenoverse games? If so, that would come across as a pretty big downgrade compared to the previous Tenkaichi games. The Tenkaichi/Sparking games are hardly deep fighters. That’s not the appeal. The appeal is getting to play a fast paced Dragon Ball simulator, with characters from across nearly every facet of the franchise at the time. BT3 pretty much perfected that formula.

If this game has fewer characters or requires you to spend additional money to get the full roster, then that kind of defeats the purpose, doesn’t it? Sure, they can try and add more depth to the combat, but the Raging Blast games already did that, and people didn’t really care for them.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:56 pm

Alkiser wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 5:26 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:53 pm
IntangibleFancy wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 1:45 pm I hope we get team ultimates. Missed opportunity not to include them in CC2's Kakarot, especially since there were already team attacks
Man, we're probably going to get Fusions in a Dragon Ball game, when was the last time since we had that in a Fighting game?

I keep thinking about the roster and I hope all the Gods of Destruction are playable
Fusion is available in DBZ: Kakarot
I know but I mean like in a fighter, we haven't had fusions in Xenoverse or Battle of Z

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:43 am

Nickolaidas wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 12:32 pm I read somewhere that it's going to be Super-focused, and that Moro will be in this one, but I have no official document stating this.
I hope not. I haven't read the manga covering past the anime.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:49 am

Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:06 pm This is seriously exciting news! I'm betting that the game won't release until 2025 because that is the 20th anniversary of BT1. They did say that this game is early in development and they haven't even announced the developer and systems. Would imagine it will be PS5 & XSX when it releases and then Switch successor about a year after.

Hopefully they can still have a massive roster bigger than BT3, even if it is from tons of DLC packs.
My guess it will be probably out by 2024. We get a new DB game now once every two years since 2016.

2016: XV2
2018: Figtherz
2020: Kakarot
2022: The Breakers
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/