"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

budokaifanatic007
Regular

Re: A new Budokai Tenkaichi has been announced

Post by budokaifanatic007 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:37 am

Is it me or does the Goku model look like Dimps work?
Bring Back Budokai:https://www.change.org/en-CA/petitions/ ... it-2#intro
Tyestor wrote:How many dicks do I have to suck to get Dimps to make another 3D Budokai-esque game again? My patience is seriously starting to wear thin with these new DB games.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:54 am

Official site confirms it uses the Z branding
https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_1735.html

Though it may just be a project name for now. Unless they really go with DBZ BT4 :lol:

Saimaroimaru
Advanced Regular

Post by Saimaroimaru » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 am

sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:36 am I dunno what to think about it. I would've preferred a budokai 4 over this.
You mean Infinite World?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:06 am

Saimaroimaru wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:21 am
sangofe wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 9:36 am I dunno what to think about it. I would've preferred a budokai 4 over this.
You mean Infinite World?
That's a Budokai 3,5 to me.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:35 am

They better bring back Kageyama to sing the main theme song for this game. We haven't had a good video game theme song since... Raging Blast 2. :shock: It's been over a decade.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:11 am

Hopefully they build off of the BT3 roster, to include Super characters, cause otherwise, I don't really see the point. The whole selling point of the series was the its huge number of characters, with tons of costumes and stuff. Otherwise, the gameplay itself was pretty shallow. It was all about the spectacle, but the spectacle made it more that worth it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited! Tenkaichi 3, Mortal Kombat Armageddon and the God of War series were my main reasons for wishing a PS2 when I was a kid. (Which I didn't get, but finally managed to emulate on PC later down the line :P ). The graphics also look amazing!

This could easily be my dream Dragon Ball game, but I want to be cautious about getting too excited. And hopefully it comes out on PC as well, like all the major game releases of the past years. Tournament mode should also return, unchanged. It was kick ass. Maybe update it with Universe 6 Tournament / Baba's Tournament style rules.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Captain-Sora
Regular

Post by Captain-Sora » Tue Mar 07, 2023 11:46 am

Draconic wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 8:11 am Hopefully they build off of the BT3 roster, to include Super characters, cause otherwise, I don't really see the point.
Realistically, that's very likely not going to happen. It'll be a modern gen game with up-to-date graphics, meaning it'll have all new assets entirely done from the ground up, not too dissimilar from how Raging Blast was also a completely fresh start for HD consoles back in its day.

A lot of time and resources will be devoted to just establishing the foundation for this game and making a roster that is realistically feasible within the time they're given. Then they'll just beef it up through DLC and/or sequels later. This is how BT3 itself even wound up with the amount of characters it had back then, reusing all the assets from the first two BT games and just building on top of all the work carried over.
Tian wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:42 am I forgot to mention that, in case they have decided to compose a separate soundtrack for the international version like previous games in the saga, I hope they have thought to bring Takanori Arima (BT2) back.

Toshiyuki Kishi (BT3) wasn't bad but I like Takanori's work more.
While he did compose some pieces for the score, BT2's soundtrack was also worked by multiple other composers that were spearheaded by Arima (Hiromi Mizutani, Kenji Fujisawa, Hideyuki Fukasawa, and Tadayoshi Makino), so they'd have to get that whole team together again if they want the authentic BT2 sound.

In all likelihood, it probably will be Kishi again though. He's continued to work on a fair amount of DBZ game OSTs throughout the years, including more recent ones like FighterZ.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:48 pm

I'd actually love if they went the same route of the japanese Sparking! games and did reorchestrations of the score from the series
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:50 pm

I wouldn't have a problem buying the DLCs to complete the roster. If it's well developed, unlike 75% of XV2's DLCs, I'll gladly buy them. I just hope they don't release 4 characters every 9 months like XV2. I can't expect to get the game of my life for just $80.

Probably there won't be 50 characters available to buy, although I don't know why that couldn't be the case. As long as they have the characters already developed, that is.

IntangibleFancy
Regular

Post by IntangibleFancy » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:00 pm

Xeogran wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:54 am Official site confirms it uses the Z branding
https://en.dragon-ball-official.com/news/01_1735.html

Though it may just be a project name for now. Unless they really go with DBZ BT4 :lol:
That's not good. That probably means (outside of a few popular characters) Super and GT are going to be shoved into DLC. Like with FighterZ.

I hope Heroes isn't just a pipe dream and that some characters actually have a shot at getting in. It's frustrating that all those interesting characters are locked behind a very old arcade game regionlocked to Japan. Especially when we have two games (Legends and Xenoverse) that actually have a story that could add them in.
Goin' down to South Park gonna have myself a time

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Mar 07, 2023 1:57 pm

Well we know that at least Blue Goku is in the game

I'd wager that all the new forms of old characters will be bas roster

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:30 pm

Yeah, it would be really weird if they focus on Z while having SSB Goku on Namek - hint at a DBS arc - for the trailer.

I mean, it wasn't called DBGT BT3 but it still had GT characters, right?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:23 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:30 pm Yeah, it would be really weird if they focus on Z while having SSB Goku on Namek - hint at a DBS arc - for the trailer.

I don't think SSB Goku on Namek hints towards at the Moro arc, it's just a parallel showing Goku transforming on Namek on BT3 and Goku transforming on Namek with SSB in this new game

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:36 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:23 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:30 pm Yeah, it would be really weird if they focus on Z while having SSB Goku on Namek - hint at a DBS arc - for the trailer.

I don't think SSB Goku on Namek hints towards at the Moro arc, it's just a parallel showing Goku transforming on Namek on BT3 and Goku transforming on Namek with SSB in this new game
I don't think it is either, there's no GP gi, but it's still odd to assume DBS will be left out when they gave us SSB on Namek for the trailer.

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:07 pm

budokaifanatic007 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 2:37 am Is it me or does the Goku model look like Dimps work?
Looks a little too round, similar to Spike's Raging Blast models. Dimps' Dragon Ball models seemed to become more angular as it went along.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:24 pm

DBZ is only being used because it's the most popular dragonball series out west. Same reason we got DBZ Kai.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:45 pm

I wouldn't read too much into the branding. DBZ is basically a household name internationally, and Bandai Namco will slap a "Z" on almost anything that they expect to sell gangbusters.
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:48 pm

Generally as for the title of the game there is some probability that the title will be Super instead of Z. After all Goku in the trailer transforms into ssj in DBZ:TB3 then we have the transition from TB3 to Goku transforming into ssj Blue who is the hallmark of the super series in "TB4".

Rory
I Live Here

Post by Rory » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:03 pm

Alkiser wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:48 pm Generally as for the title of the game there is some probability that the title will be Super instead of Z. After all Goku in the trailer transforms into ssj in DBZ:TB3 then we have the transition from TB3 to Goku transforming into ssj Blue who is the hallmark of the super series in "TB4".
I mean, Blue's introduction was in a film branded with 'Z', and FighterZ is basically branded 'Z' and has some Blue action going on.
If I had to guess I'd assume 'Z' will be in the title because they're likely marketing it as a revival of those DBZ games, but who knows.

Alkiser
Beyond Newbie

Post by Alkiser » Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:17 pm

Rory wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:03 pm
Alkiser wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:48 pm Generally as for the title of the game there is some probability that the title will be Super instead of Z. After all Goku in the trailer transforms into ssj in DBZ:TB3 then we have the transition from TB3 to Goku transforming into ssj Blue who is the hallmark of the super series in "TB4".
I mean, Blue's introduction was in a film branded with 'Z', and FighterZ is basically branded 'Z' and has some Blue action going on.
If I had to guess I'd assume 'Z' will be in the title because they're likely marketing it as a revival of those DBZ games, but who knows.

Yes but the movies were adapted to TV series dbs, after which the series began to treat this form as a regular super saiyanin, and Goku for 131 episodes quite often abused this form even when it was not necessary. FighterZ as a title despite having Z in its name does not have the title Dragon Ball Z, which directly refers to the series' most important title. Just look at the game Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z which has two Z's in its name but only one directly refers to the title of the anime series when the Z in FighterZ is a completely new title.