SSB Evolved's appearance

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yuji
Advanced Regular

SSB Evolved's appearance

Post by Yuji » Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:57 am

Doesn't seem like we have a consistent portrayal of this form's appearance. In the ToP, Vegeta gains a stockier build, darker hair and pupils. In the manga, Vegeta's build remains the same but his aura and hair change, still the same eye type. In Heroes, when Gogeta uses it he seems to retain the same muscle mass but keeps the darker hair and pupils of the form.

If the anime is to adapt the Moro arc, do you think they will transition to the simpler manga design, or keep the anime design for consistency? Or go with the Heroes route, same muscle mass but extra pupils?

Civic
Beyond Newbie

Re: SSB Evolved's appearance

Post by Civic » Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:31 am

I think they would probably change it to some degree, yeah. My guess would be keeping the irises and the lighter blue hair/aura, but probably reducing the muscle mass.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: SSB Evolved's appearance

Post by pepd » Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:18 pm

Unless they make a major shift on the aimed quality (which doesn't seem likely because it worked commercially as is) and continuities consistency (which again unlikely considering the Superhero production comments on continuities), my guess would be that they will just adapt it to the existing anime events and designs.

Personally, Its appearance is a relevant turn off, but unless they make massive improvements on quality I don't care for the anime, so I hope they just make whatever dbs anime fans would enjoy the most.