Blue Water Dragon Ball Episode 71 Potentially Finally Found?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Blue Water Dragon Ball Episode 71 Potentially Finally Found?

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Mar 13, 2023 6:29 pm

This has been a long time coming.

The Blue Water dub of Dragon Ball is generally a very poorly recorded and preserved dub, in many cases because those of us, like myself who had the fortune of living in a country where it aired didn't have the foresight these episodes would never get DVD releases, didn't record as many episodes that in retrospect we would have liked to, or indeed invest in a DVD recorder earlier to get good quality recordings (my family only got their first one in 2006 after this dub finished airing on Toonami UK).

Thankfully all 153 episodes have been found in some capacity, or 152 full episodes more or less. Episode 71 has been hard to find for quite some time, and only in recent years a poor quality rip of the second half has been shared.

Now, the first few minutes of this episode have been shared on Youtube, and honestly it looks and sounds pretty great. The poster has made some comments saying he would be willing to share the full thing. We all know links aren't permitted here, so I won't be posting any of them should they arise, but I just wanted to let everyone know this potentially great news that we may finally, at last, have full copies of every episode of Blue Water Dragon Ball, even if many episodes still leave a lot to be desired.

And as we can see, my memories and the anecdote was correct about the title, which is The Deadly and Bloody Battle!.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: Blue Water Dragon Ball Episode 71 Potentially Finally Found?

Post by Jord » Thu Mar 23, 2023 5:12 pm

I watched the dub as a child and liked it. I decided to watch some clips from it yesterday. While Goku's voice is pretty good, the overal dub isn't that great. I love the Japanese BGM and general faithfulness to the original but man....the acting...

ryandrew2005

Post by ryandrew2005 » Wed May 10, 2023 7:08 pm

Do we have any update on this? I asked the YTer who posted the newer footage but nothing yet. I would love to watch this episode finally :)When i was a kid this was my entire life!

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Thu May 11, 2023 9:42 am

ryandrew2005 wrote: Wed May 10, 2023 7:08 pm Do we have any update on this? I asked the YTer who posted the newer footage but nothing yet. I would love to watch this episode finally :)When i was a kid this was my entire life!
The poster has been asked to share the full episode, but hasn't budged yet, although he said he was transferring it to his computer 4 months ago. I'm hoping he knows how to rip a video file from a DVD-R, but if not I'd be happy even if he could just share the audio file. This episode is reportedly mostly uncut with the exception of a few frames being cut when Bulma's boobs are shown, so it should be easy enough to sync. Ideally I'd hope if this guy could share the video, as its great quality from what we can see, but if not the audio would be fine, it will mean Blue Water Dragon Ball is finally available in its entirety, which would be fantastic.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

ryandrew2005

Post by ryandrew2005 » Fri May 12, 2023 7:25 pm

I agree even the audio would be amazing, i have been looking for this episode for so long. Sadly I fell for a few scams and traded some of my own physical vhs rips of db from animania on YTV from when i was a kid for it and I got sent Stuart little lol. Sering thta clip mad me so excited so I'm hoping for the best for him to either trade or upload it!