Is it possible for fusions to fuse?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is it possible for fusions to fuse?

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:58 pm

Like imagine Gogeta and Vegito someone existing in the same plane(cuz fucked up timelines). Would it be possible for the two of them to fuse together? Is there evidence they couldn't?

It'd probably require the fusion dance since Vegito is already wearing an earring unless he wants to wear another set lol and it'd last five seconds but that's besides the point.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Re: Is it possible for fusions to fuse?

Post by nineko » Wed Mar 15, 2023 4:25 am

I once asked a similar question, because I'd like to see a fusion of Gogeta and Gotenks, you can find some answers there, it's all speculation though.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:57 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:58 pm Like imagine Gogeta and Vegito someone existing in the same plane(cuz fucked up timelines). Would it be possible for the two of them to fuse together? Is there evidence they couldn't?

It'd probably require the fusion dance since Vegito is already wearing an earring unless he wants to wear another set lol and it'd last five seconds but that's besides the point.
I mean, strictly speaking, there's nothing in canon preventing a fusion warrior to fuse with another fusion warrior, either with the earrings or with the dance.

There absolutely should, however, be a rule against that, since it would be horribly broken and easily abused. It's fine as a hypothetical, though.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Mar 15, 2023 10:59 pm

Namekians can fuse fusions, so I don't see why Gogeta and Gotenks wouldn't be able to fuse.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:33 am

Yes, it's possible until it's stated otherwise by Toriyama himself.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jjbgood » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:16 am

There is no answer for it yet in the actual show.
In non-canon-material however its possible, like in that 3DS game "Fusions".
My guess is: if Toriyama ever adresses that, it would not be possible, because it wouldnt make sense. The powerboost by merging two characters alone is totally OP, but having the ability to merge multiple times would take off every stake, because there would be no more obstacle for them, if for example Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo and Buu merge together. But it would look funny, tho.
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu Mar 16, 2023 10:40 am

Unless stated otherwise, then it should be fair game.

But, seeing how other fusions suffer already from being too powerful (SS3 Gotenks lasted less than usual, SS4 Gogeta lasted even less, SSB Vegito defused after powering up, although SSB Gogeta had plot benefits*), I wonder how long could a double fusion last? I guess it depends on what people are getting fused.
If Tiencha were to fuse with Android 35, maybe it would work, but if Gogeta and Vegito fuse, if there's any consistency in the franchise, they should defuse right off the bat.
I'm wondering how long would a Ultra Vegito last when the Potara couldn't handle Blue Vegito's FP.

*Perhaps this is where Potara loses the race and the dance fusion takes the lead, in-universe I can only explain the difference between the two blue fusion's performance by downplaying the earrings... even though the dance fusion had similar problems with lower forms :crazy:

Scientist Fu
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scientist Fu » Fri Mar 17, 2023 4:14 am

Since fusions give birth to a whole new being, the rules will still remain the same as when two persons merge together. So, from my understanding, it should be possible, unless stated otherwise. But if it ever happens, the fusion will instantly demerge ahah.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Mar 18, 2023 12:28 am

Possibly but not likely for a potential reason. With the confirmation of the anime that fusion creates a warrior "several tens of times stronger" than the individual fusees, it could mathematically create quite a broken fighter if fusions were able to just fuse on top of each other and multiply their strength once more. If the rules of fusion determine that stronger beings create an even stronger fusion, a double fusion would create a new being with exponentially higher growth as opposed to logistic growth, i.e, a hypothetical fusion between Gogeta & Vegetto wouldn't just increase their power by the same or a similar amount but by a significantly higher one. For all we know, a hypothetical Base "Gogetto" might be stronger than Gogeta Blue/Vegetto Blue and would break the power level system even further than it already has, something that I'm sure Toriyama & Toei aren't ready to cross...yet, if they plan on doing so.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Fri Mar 24, 2023 9:00 am

Hard to say, as the situation hasn't ever come up in anything besides DB Fusions, and that's just a game doing it all for the fun and for cool reference, and not really something to take seriously.

I imagine that if it's ever addressed, they'll handwave it by saying that the magic that creates Fusions means that the new Fusion being can't fuse further or something :lol:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Mon Mar 27, 2023 6:16 pm

I don't see why they couldn't. The only problem would be how would you distract the villain from breaking up not one, but three attempts at the Fusion dance. Also remember that Super Boo's body reverted to a weaker state when Gotenks defused inside of him. If we assume the same rules apply to Fused characters that are part of another Fusion the newer fused warriors time would be shortened because the first or both the first and second fusions conducted could only last 30 minutes, the new fused warrior's (for arguments sake, let's say Gogetenks) time would be 30 minutes minus how much time it took for the Fusion of Gogeta and Gotenks (or any two fusions) to be successful.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Ronin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ronin » Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:18 pm

I just thought of something funny:

What if you do fusion, wait a while, then do another fusion and have both fusions fuse. What will happen after it's time for the first fusion to unfuse?

Maybe it'll create something called fission where they unfuse and everyone involved will explode and die. :lol:

....why am I laughing at this?