Is Beerus the strongest character in all of shōnen fiction?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Is Beerus the strongest character in all of shōnen fiction?

Post by shadd21 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:24 pm

Not counting the Angels, who technically can't fight seriously outside of training, is Beerus truly the strongest character in terms of both Dragon Ball and shōnen in general, or are there character within other series who could defeat or rival him?

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Is Beerus the strongest character in all of shōnen fiction?

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Mar 10, 2023 10:37 pm

It's so hard to quantify that. I don't know how you would.
She/Her💕 💜 💙
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
Lucifer's bimbo daughter

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:57 pm

No, there are hax characters in manga that could one shot Zeno.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Mar 11, 2023 4:50 pm

Not even close. He's not even the strongest in his own franchise.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Mar 11, 2023 7:20 pm

Zeno far surpasses Beerus so it's a solid "no" even from his own series. There's also Super Shenron and potentially Zalama who are not Angels but still stand above the Hakaishin.
Any creator god/eldritch-demon-god-that-rules-over-or-destroys-everything from other Shonen series are more than likely above Beerus as well. The destruction of a universe(s) is not something limited to just Dragonball Super.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

LoganForkHands73
Advanced Regular

Post by LoganForkHands73 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:05 am

:wtf: Had this post been made in 2013, it would've almost felt like a legitimate question. If we're talking about all shonen fiction -- not just manga, but literally everything aimed at a Japanese teen boy audience -- then there's no way Beerus was ever in the runnings for that title. There are omnipotent or nigh-omnipotent characters all over the place. While strong, Beerus has never been portrayed as all-powerful.

I hate to use VS Battles Wiki as an authoritative resource on anything, but its cavernous character database and tier system should give you a decent idea of guys that hang out around or above Beerus's level.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Mar 15, 2023 5:17 pm

Isn't Beerus discussed to be conveniently always stronger than anyone else, even with the power ups of each new arc?
There is the whole "UI Goku and Jiren surpassed him" stuff, but at the same it seems that they don't want him to be surpassed somehow? This always confused me, and there's the wish in the Granolla arc "The Strongest of the Universe, with the exception of the gods"
And there's Quitela as well, or maybe it was already been confirmed that he's weaker? Idk
Also, Beerus vs Multi Franchises totally aside, it isn't worth discussing imo.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 am

I'm pretty sure Arale is stronger than Beerus, anyway. Or at least if gag manga powers truly ascend the levels of the gods

Galan007
Regular

Post by Galan007 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 2:39 pm

Wrigglything wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:25 am I'm pretty sure Arale is stronger than Beerus, anyway. Or at least if gag manga powers truly ascend the levels of the gods
In the anime, I'm pretty sure Goku implied that Arale's toon-force/gag powers don't work on deities like Beerus.