The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PJ The Grey

Re: The All-Purpose "What-If " Thread

Post by PJ The Grey » Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:12 am

Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:31 pm
Almighty Majin wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:21 am
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:42 pm 1) What if Aeos was never evil to begin with and she had recruited her Warriors In Black Clothes in order to form her version of Chronoa's Time Patrol?

2) What if Chronoa had chosen Bardock from Dragon Ball Z as her very first Time Patroller instead of Sealas and then Future Trunks: Xeno?

3) What if Master Mutaito had been able to train under Master Korin and then drink the Ultra Divine Water before Piccolo Daimaō had been born?

4) What if Grandpa Son Gohan didn't die at the hands of Great Ape Son Goku?

5) What if Towa wasn't evil to begin with and instead of her creating Mira and then sleeping with Mira to have Fu, Towa had went after one of the male Saiyans from Planet Vegeta or one of the male Z-Fighters from Planet Earth?

6) What if Saiyan tails absolutely never stopped growing back even if someone like Kami himself would have tried to have removed Son Goku's tail using his Namekian Magic?

7) What if Son Goku had never met Chi-Chi from Yamcha and Puar having beaten him to her?
1) Aeos' version of the Time Patrol might end up being more competent especially since Aeos seems to be willing to take matters into her won hands as well while also being stronger than Chronoa.

2) Bardock likely wouldn't be corrupted like Sealas ended up and would likely just be Chronoa's most reliable soldier.

3) If Mutaito got his potential unlocked by the Ultra Divine Water, he should be able to defeat King Piccolo judging from his power during the anime filler with the pendulum room. I think Mutaito's death played a major part in Master Roshi and Crane Hermit going their separate ways so perhaps they might be on better terms.

4) Goku might be a bit less ignorant of the world and during the Baba Tournament, she might have revived a different person, perhaps Bardock.

5) Towa would find the perfect specimen, Yamcha and they would have a half-demon half-Earthling child who would have great potential.

6) Vegeta might have resorted to transforming via artificial moon on Namek, but he'd still lose to Freeza eventually. By the time Super Saiyan becomes a common thing, SSJ4 will probably appear in the Android saga. The androids and Cell are powerless to do anything. Babidi likely doesn't get the chance to revive Buu. DBS would result in God Ki SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta beating everyone.

7) Gohan would never be born which makes beating Raditz a lot more difficult. If Raditz is somehow beaten though, no Gohan means that Piccolo is not softened and he has no reason to sacrifice his life either. If they do need to go to Namek in order to revive Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu due to the Dragon Ball 1 year time limit, then Krillin and Piccolo go together. From this point on Piccolo basically has to pull more of his own weight here and might end up stronger throughout each saga.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:34 am What if Kuririn train on North Kai's Planet after he died from Freeza and lurn Kaioken. How strong would he be afterwards?
If Krillin learned the Kaioken, he might be more confident in training with Goku during the 3 year training for the Androids. I think Krillin would be able to surpass Namek Freeza within that gap.
Hellspawn28 wrote: Fri Jan 13, 2023 10:58 pm What if they dealt with Hirudegarn instead of Buu in DBZ for the main story?
I'm going to assume that base Hirudegarn will take the place of Majin Buu and then transformed Hirudegarn will appear around the time Super Buu did. Considering how strong Hirudegarn was, it'd be a rather hopeless situation until Old Kai is released and spills the beans on Potara fusion. I think that would be the only way of winning here.
Thank you very much, Almighty Majin.

1) What if Aeos stayed as the Supreme Kai of Time?

2) What if Mechikabura wasn't evil?

3) What if the version of Chronoa from Dragon Ball: Xenoverse recruited a single version of Bardock as her first Time Patroller?

4) What if West Supreme Kai survived instead of Shin?

5) What if the Super Dragon Balls didn't exist?

6) What if Son Goku married Bulma, Suno, Annin, Launch, or some other Waifu instead of Chi-Chi?

7) What if the Z-Fighters had always trained together as a group?
I'm going to do the 6th one, as while all of these are cool what if ideas, 6 really hae my What if brain going :)

I wrote a *lot* , I hope you don't mind and actually enjoy reading it. I worry it's annoying to have someone write so much, but I thought some may like the ideas I wrote out.

6. I think Goku marrying Bulma could be very interesting. Considering how intelligent Gohan is already, imagine what he'd be like if Bulma was his mother 😭 he'd probably be a super-genius on the level of Dr. Gero and with even more of a work ethic. I think bulma would help incorporate studies with fighting as well once she realizes that the world will consistently be at stake, probably after the catastrophe on Namek.

So I think Gohan would be even smarter, train more, he and Goku would have access to better equipment as well. If Trunks is still born at the normal time from bulma too, just with goku being his dad, Gohan would also have even more incentive to train and protect.

So I think by the cell games, Gohan will have trained pretty consistently for 3 or 4 years, and gain SSJ2 more easily. Makes the mistake of letting cell self destruct, same as Canon.

In the 7 years, it's Gohan, Trunks and Bulma all living together, working on inventions and training. Vegeta is much different; I think after demoralization of being surpassed by kakarot, he meets chi chi in the 7 year time skip. Both being hot headed and having pride in their family, they hit it off and get married, having a kid (who's name I can't come up with, he's not important lol)

Gohan and Trunks would be VERY strong by the time of the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai. Melding training with scientific discoveries and high quality tech on a level far above even what Vegeta had in Canon (due to gohan and bulma's genius working together in this scenario), Trunks would be as strong if not stronger than his Future timeline version was in the cell arc, and bordering on SSJ2, but a little too young still to achieve it.

Gohan would have a full mastery of SSJ2, no SSJ3 imo due to not intense enough training (plus no advantage of being dead), but I think he'd be at SSJ3 tier if not higher due to his training. I think they'd have some sort of technological way of measuring Gohan's brain waves and reaction when his rage surfaces, and would figure out how to capitalize on it and use it at will.

Vegeta would go Majin, and fight goku, but stand no chance against even SSJ2 Goku, due to less efficient training. However, he wouldn't be as bloodthirsty or foolish, due to living a more quiet life with chi chi, and slowly learning peace and a calm life.

Gohan would put up a valiant fight against Buu, where their rage would be tested, causing Buu to split and go Super Buu. Gohan would slowly lose the upperhand and eventually sacrifice himself through a Final Explosion. It would fail, and he'd go to otherworld, and be brought to train with the z sword.

It would break, and he'd get his potential unleashed by elder Kai.

He'd go back to fight buu, and Trunks and vegeta's Son would be fused, fighting buu like in Canon. However, once gotenks and Piccolo are absorbed, Gohan goes into a rage. Due to his recently unlocked potential and his control of his rage, he turns Beast.

He then dominates Buutenks, lets himself he absorbed, frees everyone, then flies out and obliterates Buu before he can destroy the planet. Elder Kai eventually gives his life so Goku can be alive and with his family, as a gift to Gohan for freeing him and stopping Buu.

-Battle of Gods goes normally until just before they do the ritual. Gohan reluctantly goes Beast to challenge Beerus, and loses after a great fight. They do the ritual on Goku, and while he gives Beerus a good fight, not as much as Gohan did.

-Resurrection F is a bit tricky. I think Goku and Vegeta would both train with Whis. I think Vegeta would actually get SSB first, due to learning control and calmness with chi chi while Goku spent time training with technology. Goku would be ahead in power. Gohan lets them take care of it, as Gohan has a bit of a friendly rivalry with Goku and Vegeta and want them to catch up.

-the lineup against U6 would be as follows:

-Piccolo
-Trunks
-Vegeta
-Goku
-Gohan

Piccolo would beat Botamo and lose to Frost. Trunks has SSJ2 now, and would beat Frost and even Magetta. However due to fatigue and vegeta wanting to fight Cabba, Trunks forfeits

It all goes the same as Canon until after goku forfeits against Hit. Only difference is that Vegeta does better against hit than in Canon, due to him reacting better to Hit's movements at first. Gohan fights in his ultimate form for a while as he wants a good equal fight. He's on the losing end but is using it to learn and adapt. He almost loses, but goes Beast right as he goes to attack Hit, catching him off guard and ringing him out.

-In the Goku Black arc, Gohan would go and avenge Future Bulma, and be angry at seeing the future version of his brother in so much pain. Goku Black and Zamasu would fuse early, and Gohan would turn Beast. I think it would be a pretty equal fight (keep in mind, this gohan's base is weaker than in Superhero, and so his Beast is weaker too), with Gohan slowly getting overwhelmed from zamasu's immortality. He'd give Trunks an opening to mafuba him, and make sure the seal doesn't break.

(Last arc now, lol sorry for such a long post)

-For the Tournament of Power, I think Gohan would take someone finally being a match for him in zamasu as a wake up call.

Whis will have recognized vegeta's control and peace of mind, and send Vegeta to go train on yardrat in whatever downtime there's been since RoF.

Gohan realizes Vegeta's knowledge of ki control will be vital, and everyone needs that. So he works with bulma to create a replica of the hyperbolic time chamber that the entire team/most can fit into, and train together for a year. The participants would consist of:

-Goku
-Gohan
-Trunks
-Vegeta
-Vegeta's Son
-Roshi (to help further train the mind)
-Tien
-Krillin

And simply put, they dominate the tournament. Goku fights Jiren like normal in episodes 109-110 and loses, and Gohan saves him. Fights Jiren, eventually goes Beast and after a long fight, Gohan beats him.

Vegeta wouldn't unlock SSBE, but instead his first glimpse of Ultra Ego, due to his ki control, and defeats Toppo easily, with the same kind of energy as him no less.

Vegeta neutralizes Aniraza quickly due to Forced Spirit Fission he will have learned from yardrat. The whole thing is a cakewalk

I'll stop here because....I think I rambled on enough :lol: sorry about that, it's just a really interesting what if, as it explores how much Bulma's technology can influence training and power. Hell, I didn't even bring up how Bulma could hypothetically create a Blutz wave machine and have goku achieve Super saiyan 4 or something similar; the possibilities are just endless

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:28 am

PJ The Grey wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 10:12 am
Steven Bloodriver wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:31 pm
Almighty Majin wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:21 am

1) Aeos' version of the Time Patrol might end up being more competent especially since Aeos seems to be willing to take matters into her won hands as well while also being stronger than Chronoa.

2) Bardock likely wouldn't be corrupted like Sealas ended up and would likely just be Chronoa's most reliable soldier.

3) If Mutaito got his potential unlocked by the Ultra Divine Water, he should be able to defeat King Piccolo judging from his power during the anime filler with the pendulum room. I think Mutaito's death played a major part in Master Roshi and Crane Hermit going their separate ways so perhaps they might be on better terms.

4) Goku might be a bit less ignorant of the world and during the Baba Tournament, she might have revived a different person, perhaps Bardock.

5) Towa would find the perfect specimen, Yamcha and they would have a half-demon half-Earthling child who would have great potential.

6) Vegeta might have resorted to transforming via artificial moon on Namek, but he'd still lose to Freeza eventually. By the time Super Saiyan becomes a common thing, SSJ4 will probably appear in the Android saga. The androids and Cell are powerless to do anything. Babidi likely doesn't get the chance to revive Buu. DBS would result in God Ki SSJ4 Goku and Vegeta beating everyone.

7) Gohan would never be born which makes beating Raditz a lot more difficult. If Raditz is somehow beaten though, no Gohan means that Piccolo is not softened and he has no reason to sacrifice his life either. If they do need to go to Namek in order to revive Tien, Yamcha, and Chiaotzu due to the Dragon Ball 1 year time limit, then Krillin and Piccolo go together. From this point on Piccolo basically has to pull more of his own weight here and might end up stronger throughout each saga.

If Krillin learned the Kaioken, he might be more confident in training with Goku during the 3 year training for the Androids. I think Krillin would be able to surpass Namek Freeza within that gap.

I'm going to assume that base Hirudegarn will take the place of Majin Buu and then transformed Hirudegarn will appear around the time Super Buu did. Considering how strong Hirudegarn was, it'd be a rather hopeless situation until Old Kai is released and spills the beans on Potara fusion. I think that would be the only way of winning here.
Thank you very much, Almighty Majin.

1) What if Aeos stayed as the Supreme Kai of Time?

2) What if Mechikabura wasn't evil?

3) What if the version of Chronoa from Dragon Ball: Xenoverse recruited a single version of Bardock as her first Time Patroller?

4) What if West Supreme Kai survived instead of Shin?

5) What if the Super Dragon Balls didn't exist?

6) What if Son Goku married Bulma, Suno, Annin, Launch, or some other Waifu instead of Chi-Chi?

7) What if the Z-Fighters had always trained together as a group?
I'm going to do the 6th one, as while all of these are cool what if ideas, 6 really hae my What if brain going :)

I wrote a *lot* , I hope you don't mind and actually enjoy reading it. I worry it's annoying to have someone write so much, but I thought some may like the ideas I wrote out.

6. I think Goku marrying Bulma could be very interesting. Considering how intelligent Gohan is already, imagine what he'd be like if Bulma was his mother 😭 he'd probably be a super-genius on the level of Dr. Gero and with even more of a work ethic. I think bulma would help incorporate studies with fighting as well once she realizes that the world will consistently be at stake, probably after the catastrophe on Namek.

So I think Gohan would be even smarter, train more, he and Goku would have access to better equipment as well. If Trunks is still born at the normal time from bulma too, just with goku being his dad, Gohan would also have even more incentive to train and protect.

So I think by the cell games, Gohan will have trained pretty consistently for 3 or 4 years, and gain SSJ2 more easily. Makes the mistake of letting cell self destruct, same as Canon.

In the 7 years, it's Gohan, Trunks and Bulma all living together, working on inventions and training. Vegeta is much different; I think after demoralization of being surpassed by kakarot, he meets chi chi in the 7 year time skip. Both being hot headed and having pride in their family, they hit it off and get married, having a kid (who's name I can't come up with, he's not important lol)

Gohan and Trunks would be VERY strong by the time of the 25th Tenkaichi Budokai. Melding training with scientific discoveries and high quality tech on a level far above even what Vegeta had in Canon (due to gohan and bulma's genius working together in this scenario), Trunks would be as strong if not stronger than his Future timeline version was in the cell arc, and bordering on SSJ2, but a little too young still to achieve it.

Gohan would have a full mastery of SSJ2, no SSJ3 imo due to not intense enough training (plus no advantage of being dead), but I think he'd be at SSJ3 tier if not higher due to his training. I think they'd have some sort of technological way of measuring Gohan's brain waves and reaction when his rage surfaces, and would figure out how to capitalize on it and use it at will.

Vegeta would go Majin, and fight goku, but stand no chance against even SSJ2 Goku, due to less efficient training. However, he wouldn't be as bloodthirsty or foolish, due to living a more quiet life with chi chi, and slowly learning peace and a calm life.

Gohan would put up a valiant fight against Buu, where their rage would be tested, causing Buu to split and go Super Buu. Gohan would slowly lose the upperhand and eventually sacrifice himself through a Final Explosion. It would fail, and he'd go to otherworld, and be brought to train with the z sword.

It would break, and he'd get his potential unleashed by elder Kai.

He'd go back to fight buu, and Trunks and vegeta's Son would be fused, fighting buu like in Canon. However, once gotenks and Piccolo are absorbed, Gohan goes into a rage. Due to his recently unlocked potential and his control of his rage, he turns Beast.

He then dominates Buutenks, lets himself he absorbed, frees everyone, then flies out and obliterates Buu before he can destroy the planet. Elder Kai eventually gives his life so Goku can be alive and with his family, as a gift to Gohan for freeing him and stopping Buu.

-Battle of Gods goes normally until just before they do the ritual. Gohan reluctantly goes Beast to challenge Beerus, and loses after a great fight. They do the ritual on Goku, and while he gives Beerus a good fight, not as much as Gohan did.

-Resurrection F is a bit tricky. I think Goku and Vegeta would both train with Whis. I think Vegeta would actually get SSB first, due to learning control and calmness with chi chi while Goku spent time training with technology. Goku would be ahead in power. Gohan lets them take care of it, as Gohan has a bit of a friendly rivalry with Goku and Vegeta and want them to catch up.

-the lineup against U6 would be as follows:

-Piccolo
-Trunks
-Vegeta
-Goku
-Gohan

Piccolo would beat Botamo and lose to Frost. Trunks has SSJ2 now, and would beat Frost and even Magetta. However due to fatigue and vegeta wanting to fight Cabba, Trunks forfeits

It all goes the same as Canon until after goku forfeits against Hit. Only difference is that Vegeta does better against hit than in Canon, due to him reacting better to Hit's movements at first. Gohan fights in his ultimate form for a while as he wants a good equal fight. He's on the losing end but is using it to learn and adapt. He almost loses, but goes Beast right as he goes to attack Hit, catching him off guard and ringing him out.

-In the Goku Black arc, Gohan would go and avenge Future Bulma, and be angry at seeing the future version of his brother in so much pain. Goku Black and Zamasu would fuse early, and Gohan would turn Beast. I think it would be a pretty equal fight (keep in mind, this gohan's base is weaker than in Superhero, and so his Beast is weaker too), with Gohan slowly getting overwhelmed from zamasu's immortality. He'd give Trunks an opening to mafuba him, and make sure the seal doesn't break.

(Last arc now, lol sorry for such a long post)

-For the Tournament of Power, I think Gohan would take someone finally being a match for him in zamasu as a wake up call.

Whis will have recognized vegeta's control and peace of mind, and send Vegeta to go train on yardrat in whatever downtime there's been since RoF.

Gohan realizes Vegeta's knowledge of ki control will be vital, and everyone needs that. So he works with bulma to create a replica of the hyperbolic time chamber that the entire team/most can fit into, and train together for a year. The participants would consist of:

-Goku
-Gohan
-Trunks
-Vegeta
-Vegeta's Son
-Roshi (to help further train the mind)
-Tien
-Krillin

And simply put, they dominate the tournament. Goku fights Jiren like normal in episodes 109-110 and loses, and Gohan saves him. Fights Jiren, eventually goes Beast and after a long fight, Gohan beats him.

Vegeta wouldn't unlock SSBE, but instead his first glimpse of Ultra Ego, due to his ki control, and defeats Toppo easily, with the same kind of energy as him no less.

Vegeta neutralizes Aniraza quickly due to Forced Spirit Fission he will have learned from yardrat. The whole thing is a cakewalk

I'll stop here because....I think I rambled on enough :lol: sorry about that, it's just a really interesting what if, as it explores how much Bulma's technology can influence training and power. Hell, I didn't even bring up how Bulma could hypothetically create a Blutz wave machine and have goku achieve Super saiyan 4 or something similar; the possibilities are just endless
Thank you very much, PJ The Grey. For replying to and answering one of my What If Scenario questions.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:10 am

What if Freeza was in Super Hero? The SH movie doesn't follow the manga, so no Black Freeza.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:12 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:10 am What if Freeza was in Super Hero? The SH movie doesn't follow the manga, so no Black Freeza.
Well, if Freeza isn't in a fighting role, he'll probably just be doing his usual shtick of inquiring from his minions about the latest interplanetary affairs and if any potential worlds are up for grabs. Freeza might ask about Broly as he doesn't seem to be on Planet Vampa and his minions will simply have to tell him that they are currently not sure, to which he'll probably just reply "Hm, no matter, I suppose it's not of utmost importance at the moment. There's no place in this universe that Broly-san can stay hidden from Lord Freeza. He'll have to show himself eventually after every single world is apart of my empire. Do make note of any other monkey activity in the meantime though."
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:06 pm

What if Vegeta unlock Ultra Ego during the Goku Black saga?
She/Her

Kappa
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kappa » Sun Mar 12, 2023 5:10 pm

What if Moro got reincarnated?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:51 am

What if Zamasu had waited a year and stolen Goku's body post Granolah arc?

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:07 pm

Yuji wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:51 am What if Zamasu had waited a year and stolen Goku's body post Granolah arc?
Personally I believe that Goku Black would never be able to achieve Ultra Instinct, neither Sign nor silver, because he doesn't have the mind for it. (As a separation of body and mind thing, maybe Goku's body would straight up throw out Zamasu's spirit if it went silver UI. That'd be kinda funny.) Beyond that, I guess Goku Black (and Merged Zamasu as a result) would just straight up be stronger. Honestly the Zamasu arc would play out pretty much the same beyond that.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:17 pm

Alruneia wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:07 pm
Yuji wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 10:51 am What if Zamasu had waited a year and stolen Goku's body post Granolah arc?
Personally I believe that Goku Black would never be able to achieve Ultra Instinct, neither Sign nor silver, because he doesn't have the mind for it. (As a separation of body and mind thing, maybe Goku's body would straight up throw out Zamasu's spirit if it went silver UI. That'd be kinda funny.) Beyond that, I guess Goku Black (and Merged Zamasu as a result) would just straight up be stronger. Honestly the Zamasu arc would play out pretty much the same beyond that.
That's an interesting thought. I'm guessing Ultra Ego would probably be a better fit for Zamasu ironically enough. Or if he didn't want to risk it, he could just steal Gohan or Freeza's body for the free power boost with no mind nonsense :lol:

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:17 pm

Yuji wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 12:17 pm Or if he didn't want to risk it, he could just steal Gohan or Freeza's body for the free power boost with no mind nonsense :lol:
Black Frieza Black :crazy: :P
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:16 am

Not much would change compared to Canon.

Zamasu would still annihilate countless mortal civilizations and invade Earth, Zamasu would still reign unchallenged and pretty much no one would be able to stop him, he would probably still need to keep Trunks around as punching bag to get more accustomed to his new body. The only thing that changes is that Zamasu would just oneshot Goku and Vegeta as soon as they come to the Future.

As for Zamasu getting Ultra Instinct/Ultra Ego: It doesn't matter. Zamasu already had his own unique form as a Supreme Kai, Super Saiyan Rosé, which is always depicted as a step above Super Saiyan Blue. In Super Dragon Ball Heroes Anime (which is written by Toei), Black even evolves his Rosé form to new levels of power (which include pseudo-immortality), to the point that it takes Gogeta Blue himself to finally end him. In the Manga, Black never mastered his Rosé form, nor did he learn how to combine it with Kaioken x20.

So Black certainly didn't need to borrow transformations from Angels and the Destroyers, he already had his own unique form, which had ample room left for improvement.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:59 pm

What if Bardock was used instead of Granpa Gohan during the Fortuneteller Baba saga?
She/Her

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:14 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:59 pm What if Bardock was used instead of Granpa Gohan during the Fortuneteller Baba saga?
Bardock would have told Son Goku about absolutely everyone and everything Bardock knew about. With Bardock, Gine, and Bardock's friends having the possibility of returning back to life long, long before Raditz would have showed up on Planet Earth too.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 8:59 pm What if Bardock was used instead of Granpa Gohan during the Fortuneteller Baba saga?
Assuming TV special Bardock:

I'm guessing that Bardock at that point had already been purified and reincarnated, but assuming he's as stubborn as Freeza, then he would most likely beat Goku easily. He doesn't care about sentimentality, wouldn't hold back and probably doesn't have the highest respect for his son even after his visions seeing how weak he is. Goku wouldn't be able to wish Bora back and Bardock would probably urge him to get stronger. Goku would likely find about his Saiyan heritage earlier and abuse near-death powerups to get stronger quicker in emergencies.

Assuming Minus Bardock, I'm guessing not much would be different besides Bardock probably letting his son win and Goku coming out of the experience with a much better impression of his father.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:04 am

What if Vegeta unlock Ultra Ego during the Goku Black saga?
She/Her

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:02 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 2:04 am What if Vegeta unlock Ultra Ego during the Goku Black saga?
A hypothetical Perfected Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta from the Future Trunks Saga would have been more than enough to have absolutely 100% surpassed, humiliated, defeated, and then killed SSJR Son Goku Black and Future Zamasu from the Future Trunks Saga with absolutely no effort whatsoever on PSSJB Vegeta's part, but Vegeta achieving the Ultra "Ego" form would have been far, FAR too much for SSJR Son Goku Black and Future Zamasu to have handled, as an Unmastered PSSJB would have made the combined might of SSJR Son Goku Black and Future Zamasu look like absolutely nothing in comparison. But putting up an Unmastered Ultra "Ego" against SSJR Son Goku Black and Future Zamasu, simply would have been absolutely 100% overkill beyond absolutely all of imagination.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:43 pm

What if trunks had turn villian mid-way into the cell arc and started to kill Z-fighters that did stupid decision?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/x7eakc99J4A

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Apr 04, 2023 5:00 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Tue Apr 04, 2023 4:43 pm What if trunks had turn villian mid-way into the cell arc and started to kill Z-fighters that did stupid decision?

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/x7eakc99J4A
Well, Future Trunks would have only really had went after Son Goku, Vegeta, Krillin, Piccolo, and Son Gohan.

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Mon Apr 17, 2023 11:02 pm

What if Goku really HAD destroyed the entirety of the Red Ribbon Army?

Additionally, little bonus What-If: What if the Z Fighters never went to space? Perhaps they killed Vegeta and Nappa on Earth and somehow managed to keep Piccolo alive--whichever way you spin it, the journey to Name never comes up.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.

SonTao

Post by SonTao » Tue Apr 18, 2023 1:57 am

Hellspawn28 wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 6:46 pm What if Freeza was never born. Would King Cold still keep the Saiyans alive?
Heck no. But that changes the timeline quite a bit anyway.

King Cold blows away Planet Vegeta. Goku, Raditz, Nappa, and Vegeta survive as per normal--plus Broly and Paragus too. Dragon Ball kinda just goes on as per normal till Namek. Namek is where it gets screwy. Since King Cold never retired in this universe and never had plans to (therefore never siring Frieza), it's safe to assume he would still go to Namek and try to use the Dragon Balls to make himself immortal. Not for power or any means, just to make sure he remains alive and kicking to keep the familial business running (that and avoid hell considering he knows about Beerus, Majin Buu, probably the kais to some extent). According to one of the original Frieza saga manga panels, it was stated that in his true form, the only person prior to Goku to ever put so much as a speck of dust on his true form were his parents--I.E King Cold. Meaning King Cold is, to some extent, strong enough to damage Final Form Frieza. It is then, therefore, likely that King Cold has forms beyond his "second" state we see in canon. It was noted his second state was weaker than Full Power Frieza but close to suppressed Mecha Frieza. Therefore, the Namek Saga's structure is FAR different.

In this timeline, Vegeta knows that his only real chance to win is to go after the Dragon Balls almost immediately. Cui, even if he did go after Vegeta, would probably die immediately. Despite King Cold being calm and fairly elegant / less strict and cruel than Frieza, would likely hold a similar attitude of letting his minions do his dirty work for him. Zarbon and Dodoria hold less of a fear toward Cold considering he's quite lax compared to how Frieza would have treated them, but fearful all the same when they are crushed. In this world, Vegeta's crusade is far swifter and merciless in order to gain the Dragon Balls for fear of King Cold's power. Additionally, there is a change when Krillin and Gohan show up to save Dende. Given King Cold's drawn back personality, he probably wouldn't really BE there--knowing Zarbon and Dodoria could handle themselves. However, when the two are beaten back by the two invading Earthlings, he puts more of a stake in locating them, even trying to draw them out by baiting them with the Dragon Balls he does have (well, until Vegeta steals them).

In this world, as his soldiers dwindle closer to zero, he decides to step in. When his men are whittled down to, say, around 40% of what he arrived on Namek with + the loss of Zarbon and Dodoria, he calls in the Ginyu Squad. This is, say, maybe a day or so before he acted on this in canon--meaning Krillin, Gohan, and Vegeta are without Goku on the day of the fight with the Ginyu Force--and the group basically has to run with their one Dragon Ball. Since Burter is the fastest of the gang, and with no hope of Goku getting there for another day, they drop the Dragon Ball and focus their combined might on assailing Burter, managing to get the drop on the blue blur--killing him. Meaning hey, Guldo isn't the first to die! But with that, Ginyu takes the Dragon Balls, and leaves the remaining Ginyu Force to chase down the earthlings. When they do eventually catch up, it's a similar beat down to canon--meaning the entire group is close to death, until Nail pulls up! Since there was no Frieza to torture him, he's able to snipe Guldo initially before the pudgy green puke can put Krillin and Gohan down for good (stealing a pissy Vegeta's kill). From there, the four are forced to contend with Recoome, and manage to pull out a victory with a combined attack, similar to how they beat Burter. Unfortunately for them, Jeice is still alive--and fairly pissed! Fortunately for all involved, Dende arrives on the battlefield. Assumed to just be an observer, Jeice lets him mourn... until Dende heals Nail, whom unleashes a blast toward Jeice to get him in the air. Dende quickly heals Vegeta next to the urges of Nail--and from there, the Zenkai boosted Saiyan and the warrior Namek put Jeice into the dirt. From there, Krillin and Gohan are healed + Zenkai boosted, and the squad flies off to deal with Captain Ginyu--who is already heading their way to gather up a namekian to use the password on the Dragon Balls.

When Ginyu shows up, it's a bit easier for the gang to deal with him. The strongest of them all is probably Vegeta--we know that he got beaten so hard by Recoome that his Zenkai made him equal to First Form Frieza. So, hey, guess who's winning this fight? Thing is that he knows about Ginyu's body change too, so he isn't stupid enough to sit idly in the way when Ginyu tries it, rather vaporizing him whole with a Galic Gun. But since Ginyu is dead, they have maybe 12 hours till Goku shows up and a King Cold to fight, they focus mostly on hiding Dende and Guru--I.E having Bulma fly Dende to a secluded place where Cold couldn't locate him with his scouter while the Z fighters get to work taking care of Cold's remaining soldiers. Thing is, since Cold is so business oriented, he steps in again before the soldiers can get too few. But hey, Goku's here now! He can help... right?

Goku, Nail, Vegeta, Krillin, and Gohan--even together it's not enough to get close to King Cold's second form, being so high up and near to Final Form Frieza that it is. Their power is noted by the King, who offers them spots as his new elite squadron--which they all reject, of course. Maybe Vegeta tries to pull off running away like he did when Piccolo was revived like in canon and showed up to beat down second form Frieza. At this point though, he'd still get rocked easily. Goku and Vegeta feed on what senzu beans they do have to spam Zenkai Boosts while Krillin, Nail, Gohan, and Dende gather the Dragon Balls and wish Piccolo back to life. But due to Cold's immense strength, they're kinda forced to do what they did when Namek was about to blow up in canon. Wish back the namekians with the Earth Dragon Balls (or all those who were killed by Cold and his men), then warp everyone on Namek with the exception of King Cold to Earth. Thing is--King Cold is STILL ALIVE. So he gathers up his men, bolsters an invasion squad, and directs himself toward Earth. It took Gohan, Bulma, and Namek 30 days to get to Namek. King Cold's expedition might take that, and perhaps a few weeks to gather the necessary men and gear to head there.

On Earth, the group is panicking. They might be able to get a gravity chamber working in time, but King Cold is still far stronger. So, with imminent doom approaching the planet, Kami permits the Z Fighters to train in the time chamber. Similar things occur as they do in canon. Vegeta and Bulma have Trunks. But other, new products occur. Goku isn't on Yardrat so no I.T. No clues about Super Saiyan either. Piccolo is weaker since he hasn't fused with Nail--but they do train together with the other warrior Namibians to prepare. Since the gang has two years and perhaps a little over thirty days, the main people who grow stronger are Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, and Nail. Krillin and Gohan see some smaller boosts, as do the warrior clan Namibians. But as King Cold prepares to land, the gang groups up. The warrior namekians all decide to fuse into one body--designated as Piccolo considering he's the strongest of the Namekians at this point, forming the Nail-Piccolo fusion from canon. He's probably... let's say... considering he has people equivalent to Namek Saga Nail fused into him and a FAR stronger Nail FULL POWER Nail, far beyond Full Power Frieza's strength, probably creeping past canon SSJ Goku. As for Goku and Vegeta, they're likely around their bases in the Future Trunks Saga--albeit Goku is a bit weaker as he lacked Yardratian training. As King Cold shows up on Earth, there's little fanfare... as someone arrives from the Future. You know him, you love him--it's Future Trunks, and he just diced up King Cold. From there, it's like in canon for a bit. He talks to Goku about the Heart Virus and the medicine, but he's more adamant on Piccolo grabbing Dende from Namek--as the strongest warrior there in the future when the Androids pop up, he NEEDS to have a backup for revivals, I.E the young Dragon Clan Namekian. Three years and a few months time is all they would have. That, and he unveils Gohan is a Super Saiyan, much like himself, and that he needs training to unlock the form. Since Goku and Vegeta never achieved Super Saiyan in his timeline, he urges them to do the same.

As time passes, the rest of the Z Fighters on King Kai's are revived, but this time around, they're urged to train harder than before. It was likely that without Trunks showing up, everyone would have joined them on King Kai's---they had to achieve the Kaioken and get tougher if they wanted to help. Krillin makes up for this by training with Goku and learning the Kaioken as his Saiyan buddy tries to act on Trunks' advice--focusing on the pain of loss to try and get Super Saiyan. Since he never saw Krillin die to attain Super Saiyan though, he's focusing on faded memories of rage and hate from the King Piccolo saga--which don't really work. However, Vegeta's training in space is working out for him though--he'd transform eventually from his urges to surpass his prior limits. Without seeing a loved one die in front of him though, I don't really see Goku being able to break that wall, even with the three year buffer period.

Time passes. The androids roll around. Piccolo, Goku, Gohan, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Krillin, Chiaotzu, and even Yajirobe arrive to take on the incoming androids. Things occur similarly to canon until Goku takes on 19--when he activates the Kaioken in order to equalize the gap with the android, he falls victim to the Heart Virus IMMEDIATELY. Yamcha flies him off far sooner while Piccolo squares up--only for Vegeta to arrive, and bust out Super Saiyan on the android's ass, showing himself as equal to the Super Namekian. When Gero tries to escape, either Piccolo or Tenshinhan would stop him then and there. Well, until Trunks arrives. Then things go on similar to canon. Dende and Kami watch on from the Lookout as the Androids awaken and clown on the Z Fighters. Even with the Earthlings AND Piccolo having Kaioken + SSJ Vegeta, they don't stand a chance in hell. See, the Androids still have a damn good power level considering even while restricted, King Cold was quite buff. That, and Super Namek Piccolo is a good bar.

As the timeline progresses like it had in canon, Kami decides not to fuse with Piccolo in order to take on Cell, considering Piccolo's level of strength was already over Imperfect Cell.

Things meaningfully shift again after Goku is cured. Since Vegeta doesn't have any time in the chamber left, he's forced to wait outside until Kami and Dende can make some upgrades, only then can he go in with Trunks to get stronger--meaning Goku and Gohan wait outside. While Semi Perfect Cell chases Android 18... Tenshinhan is joined by both Yamcha and Krillin to stall the bio android! All three leap immediately into Kaioken, Tenshinhan being the highest, and take him on. Not strong enough to deal any major lasting damage since he can regenerate, but long enough to stall for 18 and 16 to flee--meaning Cell can't absorb 18 and become Perfect for now. Enraged at losing the chance to become Perfect, Cell starts to lash out at the three Earthlings, toying with them. There's some trouble here. Goku doesn't have Instant Transmission. He can't teleport over, and even if he could, he couldn't get all of them. Piccolo was dying, his friends were dying, and there was nothing he could do--until he remembered Pope's Carpet. Borrowing it from the magician, Goku warps over, pulling Piccolo out of the water, rushing in as a Super Saiyan to stall Semi Perfect Cell and gather everyone on the carpet--unknowingly transforming in his blinding rage! When they return home, everyone is exhausted yet alive. And there they wait, taking a day to heal while Cell travels the planet, searching for Android 18.

Vegeta and Trunks eventually exit the Time Chamber and fly off to locate Cell, crushing him into dust considering Cell can't find 18 and absorb him to be a better challenge. And from there, the timeline sticks to canon pretty well for a while. Goku and Gohan still go inside the HTC for training to master Super Saiyan since Goku is Goku after all. Vegeta has Goku to train with so that's cool, Goku is around for Goten's life, everyone's happy growing stronger and whatnot. Cut to the Buu Saga where it's pretty chill except Satan isn't recognized for the Cell Games Victory as there was no Cell Games to speak of. Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, and Krillin easily tank all of Babidi's minions due to SSJ2 and Kaioken being a thing. Buu never gets his capsule opened, Gohan never gains ultimate, and the Z Sword is never shattered. Everything is cool and Battle of Gods happens pretty much according to canon with the exception of Buu not being there, so it takes a bit longer for Beerus to get pissy. That, and the Z Fighter fodder have a red Kaioken aura. That's neat. Vegeta is the candidate for Super Saiyan God since he has more experience overall handling Super Saiyan. From here, things pretty much align with canon again. Sure, RoF is now RoC and Golden Cold is a thing, but the only thing that changes is Piccolo fusing with Kami to become equal to and surpass Golden Cold. Goku and Vegeta get blue, Gohan has greater motivation to change because Kami literally had to sacrifice himself so Piccolo could be strong enough to win.

U6 Tournament is a Piccolo sweep with the exception of Vegeta teaching Cabba SSJ and Hit actually knocking Piccolo out. From there it's a similar SSJB Kaioken pull for the win. Trunks shows up with the Goku Black shtick which goes similarly--very little change since Piccolo and the earthlings weren't too involved, who are the people who were really changed in this what-if. Universal Survival is pretty different. Basically none of the Z Fighters are knocked out until it's Anilaza or U11 remaining since all of the Earthlings + Piccolo have Kaioken, Golden Cold is pretty cordial about assisting, and hey, Yamcha's here! That's cool. Broly pulls up, that's the same since no one got involved whatsoever from the main group. Galactic Prisoner is similar with the same focus on the Earthlings and Piccolo taking care of things easier and getting into a big group fight. Granolah's saga goes pretty much the same, but Cold Black pulls up and bids the Saipan's farewell, treating them like insignificant worms back rightly beneath his boot, sparing them as they so spared / revived him.

The DB: Super Hero section is one whole hell of a lot different. Gohan doesn't HAVE Ultimate, so his Super Saiyan Two has to be stacked with Kaioken to take on the Gammas. Orange Piccolo is still a thing and still wrecks house though. It's just that when Cell Max shows up, everyone worth a dang on Earth shows up. Tien, Chiaotzu, Krillin, Yamcha, all using Kaioken--SSJ Goten and Trunks, 17 and 18, they all have to come around to make up for Gohan lacking Beast. When Piccolo takes a big hit like he does in canon, Gohan might experience a Rage state like Trunks had--something that grants him enough power to make a shot toward Cell's crown thing and take the W.
Gohan is a neeeeerd.