Dragon Ball Z Recut (Japanese version) Finished

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Z Recut (Japanese version) Finished

Post by Helios518 » Wed Aug 17, 2022 11:23 pm

I would love a link if someone could DM me it
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

filbey1

Post by filbey1 » Wed Aug 24, 2022 4:40 pm

Can anybody DM me the link me please

heymanslowdown

Post by heymanslowdown » Fri Sep 02, 2022 11:54 am

does anyone have the link? If so I would be greatful for it <3

Trizton

Post by Trizton » Fri Nov 04, 2022 12:13 am

Can someone send me the link?

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:10 am

I'm looking at this and it looks like you've cut this down to...257 episodes? That's not a lot considering Kai is 167 and that still includes a ton of filler. Surely that can't be right, so am I missing something here?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sat Jan 14, 2023 10:14 am

DefinitiveDubs wrote: Sat Jan 14, 2023 4:10 am I'm looking at this and it looks like you've cut this down to...257 episodes? That's not a lot considering Kai is 167 and that still includes a ton of filler. Surely that can't be right, so am I missing something here?
That's not a nice way of asking about if the episode count is right...

DefinitiveDubs
Not-So-Newbie

Post by DefinitiveDubs » Sat Jan 14, 2023 5:38 pm

I'm literally asking the nicest possible way I can think of, but ok. Let me put it another way.

I understand the OP is not a professional video editor, like he said. Considering IAmTheMilkMan's project is on indefinite hiatus, this is the best we've got, so I am appreciative of the OP's effort, but if only 40 episodes managed to get cut out, I might not want to go to the trouble of downloading a ~90gb torrent. I might not consider this the best way to watch the series, so I might just stick to watching Kai.

If that's not the case, then I humbly ask for that confusion to be cleared up, because neither the OP nor the readme give much information as to how the edits are done. Or at the very least, the information that's there seems vague to me.

If the reason for 257 video files is because a lot of them are only a few minutes long and not proper "episodes", I would understand that, but I have no way of knowing. And if the reason is because editing around otherwise filler content would be too difficult or time-consuming, I totally understand that too. But again, I have no idea what's going on.

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:38 pm

There are several "episodes" that last for a couple minutes (sometimes less) because I'm not a pro editor and merging episodes was messing up the subtitles real bad.

I haven't compared this to Kai but if I could merge several episodes into larger, half-hour-long ones, the number would not be anywhere near 257. It'd be way less.

That said, I'm surprised you found a working torrent with the full thing.

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:02 pm

Hi Spyro Chris,

My name is ThatRandomGuy I'm part of a group of online content creators called "Far-No".
I came across your project and was surprised to see no one has stepped up to help you with editing.

So I have done exactly that and will be working through it throughout this year and hope to have it completed by Christmas as a gift to you and the community.

Thank you for all your work. For a sneak peak at what I'm doing grab the MKVs from here:

https://archive.org/details/dragon-ball-z-recut

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am

Wow for real?! Have you found all the episodes yet? If not, I'll take the time to reupload "part 2" just so you gain access to them.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this after all these years!

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:01 pm

Spyro Chris wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 3:18 am Wow for real?! Have you found all the episodes yet? If not, I'll take the time to reupload "part 2" just so you gain access to them.

Thank you so much for taking the time to do this after all these years!
I found a BT that had all 257 episodes of your work :).

But if you have a Google Drive etc I wouldn't be opposed.

Also fixing the subtitles has me in the fetal position hahahaha!

https://ibb.co/6Z3TCrd

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:17 pm

If you found all the episodes then that's all of the work I did. I do not have a GDrive or anything of the sort. I had uploaded everything on two separate Mega NZ accounts, but the 2nd one got expired eventually and part 2 was lost.

However, you got everything so there's no point in my reuploading anything. I saw the subtitles, and yeah... that is what stopped me from merging multiple episodes into one. Can't thank you enough for your work, honestly! I am extremely hyped for the end result!

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:32 pm

Thankfully I have the tools and the horsepower to get through these edits pretty quickly BUT that's all because of the amazing groundwork you laid down. Thank you again.

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Wed Mar 22, 2023 2:42 am

No problem and thank you for appreciating the hours I put into it. Seeing that you're going through the episodes so fast is refreshing!

I do remember, however, that some people asked me to remove the bandage from Gohan when Videl invites him to take part in the tournament (Great Saiyaman arc). I could never do anything like that but do you think it's possible?

If the bandage gets removed, we can basically disregard the entire filler arc that Gohan took part in. The part where she asks him lasts for about 2 minutes or so, if I remember right. It's more of a detail than anything, but I am curious.

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:53 pm

I could try to key frame it out. I will see what I can do. Do you know the Episode Number so I can investigate? :)

No filler is key. :D

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Wed Mar 22, 2023 6:34 pm

And just like that, Saiyan Saga is done!

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:09 pm

All MKVs should be up on Archive.org soon. :)

Check my previous post for the Link.

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:20 am

So, I've run into a major Road Block. The Namek Saga has a very strange Subtitle Format which uses an Image Based Subtitle language instead of a Text based one. So I will have to manually recreate the subtitles for every single file.

Wish me luck, I'll need it.

Edit: So it looks like it's every Saga after Saiyan. People of Earth, Lend Me Your Energy! :lol:

Spyro Chris

Post by Spyro Chris » Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:16 pm

ThatRandomGuy wrote: Wed Mar 22, 2023 4:53 pm I could try to key frame it out. I will see what I can do. Do you know the Episode Number so I can investigate? :)

No filler is key. :D
Hey, normally it's episode 204 (if you use the original episode numbering, fillers included). It's got about 3:30 minutes of canon footage, and it's when Videl asks Gohan to enter the martial arts tournament, which kickstarts the Buu saga. I have literally cut out the rest of the episode and left in only these 3 minutes and 31 seconds. Hope it's easy to find.

As for the issue you have come across, I was hoping that the entire thing would be smooth sailing. I wish you the best of luck in figuring out a way to solve it!

ThatRandomGuy

Post by ThatRandomGuy » Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:55 pm

I found it. Episode 171 in your original cut :).
That's going to take some per frame Image Manipulation, but we can do it.

Thankfully Subtitle edit has a tool called OCR, that can turn Images into Text.
So I am working through them one at time before I move back to piecing the episodes together.

The Genki Dama, that is this edit, is slowly filling up. :lol: