Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam dub are coming on Cartoon Network India this summer

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GokuDaimao
Not-So-Newbie

Re: Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam dub are coming on Cartoon Network India this summer

Post by GokuDaimao » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:13 pm

My question is, will there be an English audio feed as there usually is with Indian broadcasts?

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada and Malayalam dub are coming on Cartoon Network India this summer

Post by wjbraden » Sun Feb 19, 2023 2:36 am

TheRed259 wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 11:35 am A Hindi dub of Dragon Ball Z Kai already exists but the other 4 dubs seem to be new.

Source:
https://www.facebook.com/CartoonNetwork ... 8225828424
The Tamil and Telugu dubs were made a decade ago, but the Kannada and Malayalam dubs will be brand new (in fact, it appears to be the first time Cartoon Network India has ever aired shows in those languages, and one of the first anime dubbed into them entirely!)

Would not be surprised if Kannada and Malayalam dubs were made for Super at some point as well going forward.
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Sun Apr 16, 2023 12:57 pm

Ankur Javeri will be reprising his role as Goku (he played him in Z and Super, maybe the rumoured long lost Indian English dub too?).

Also, apparently despite using the Japanese masters it's far more censored than the Nicktoons airings, to the extent they don't even show Bardock.

The OP also used Sean Schemmel's version of Dragon Soul, so clearly India is still importing some materials from Funimation (now Crunchyroll).

There was some confusion among fans I've spoken to, but it turns out this Kai airing is a Hindi redub, what was available on YouTube was were from the Urdu dub, but there was a Hindi dub of Kai aired on Cartoon Network India back in 2012 that was repeated maybe only once or twice. Original Hindi Kai had OP dubbed.

From what I've heard Cartoon Network India just broadcast episodes 1-7 there, episodes 8-14 are next Sunday, and some episodes aired without commercials. Kind of a nice touch for the streaming age on linear TV.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:03 pm

Episodes 14-17 airing this week.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup: