Could something be announced on Goku day?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Could something be announced on Goku day?

Post by sangofe » Sun Feb 26, 2023 3:55 am

Did anyone notice there is a "59" under the traffic light in chapter 90 that was not there during the drafts? Could it be teasing something important on 5.9 (9th of May), the Goku day? Saikyou_Devin notes that there seems to bigger announces every two years on the Goku day, and small the following years.

Draft:

Final:

Credits to Saikyou_devin for this theory:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tolI7x- ... aikyoDevin

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: Could something be announced on Goku day?

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:57 pm

I don't think that has to mean anything - has Dragon Ball ever done cryptic easter eggs like this?

But still, Goku Day sounds as good a day as any to announce the return of the anime. I've never made theories about that, I didn't even care or watch the anime until the pandemic, but Super Hero and the 10 years of BoGs sounds like a perfect place to pick things up.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:07 am

We've really reached that point where we look for any kind of signs and clues, ey?

In all fairness, we did get Super Hero announced on Goku day almost a couple of years ago. So it is a safe bet to expect at least something on that day. I'm just so over waiting for the TV anime to return. This month will mark the 5th year since the Super anime finished. Crazy.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Wed Mar 01, 2023 1:11 pm

This reminds me of people thinking Kingdom Hearts III would release in March 2018 because of a random calendar that was in a trailer

I think you're overthinking things lol

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:40 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 8:07 am We've really reached that point where we look for any kind of signs and clues, ey?

In all fairness, we did get Super Hero announced on Goku day almost a couple of years ago. So it is a safe bet to expect at least something on that day. I'm just so over waiting for the TV anime to return. This month will mark the 5th year since the Super anime finished. Crazy.
I don't think it'll be DB Super announced but maybe the 2023 project?

WittyUsername
I Live Here

Post by WittyUsername » Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:23 pm

GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:57 pm I don't think that has to mean anything - has Dragon Ball ever done cryptic easter eggs like this?

But still, Goku Day sounds as good a day as any to announce the return of the anime. I've never made theories about that, I didn't even care or watch the anime until the pandemic, but Super Hero and the 10 years of BoGs sounds like a perfect place to pick things up.
Does Japanese entertainment in general do these kinds of Easter eggs?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:40 am

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:23 pm
GreatSaiyaman123 wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:57 pm I don't think that has to mean anything - has Dragon Ball ever done cryptic easter eggs like this?

Does Japanese entertainment in general do these kinds of Easter eggs?
I don't know but there's been lots of other Easter eggs not related to promoting in the DB super super hero movie?

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Post by nineko » Fri Mar 03, 2023 7:02 am

WittyUsername wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:23 pmDoes Japanese entertainment in general do these kinds of Easter eggs?
Sometimes.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:02 pm

There will probably be something announced on Goku day, but I doubt it's going to be a new anime. I think they'll make a new one eventually, but my gut is telling me we're not going to see it soon. Hopefully I'm wrong though, would love to see a big budget remake of the entire Dragon Ball story, and the Moro/Granolah story arcs animated.

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:55 pm

New Budokai Tenkaichi is announced and not even 5 minutes later I see people theorising about the anime coming back because Goku transforms into Blue on Namek on the trailer. :D

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:09 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sun Mar 05, 2023 7:55 pm New Budokai Tenkaichi is announced and not even 5 minutes later I see people theorising about the anime coming back because Goku transforms into Blue on Namek on the trailer. :D
If it were the Moro arc, he would be wearing the Galactic Patrol logo.

Lance Freeman
Beyond Newbie

Post by Lance Freeman » Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:13 pm

Considering Toei is gearing up to do a new Kinnikuman series, I wouldn't expect anything more than another movie for the next several years.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Mar 26, 2023 1:23 pm

I'm so pissed that nothing was announced in Anime Japan and they didn't even promise anything. But yeah my patience just run out. Everything is getting announced, except Dragon Ball. The fact that even Kinnikuman will come back before Dragon Ball is ridiculous!

Sailor Moon, Precure, Kinnikuman, Digimon, Dragon Quest Dai... all officially confirmed to get new animated content. Moneymaker Dragon Ball?! Nothing. Oh yeah for the next months we will have a manga retelling of a movie we already saw shot for shot...

Maybe we will get something on Goku Day, but for now there's no reason to think the rumored web anime will come out this year or if even it exists... Too much going on and nothing involving Dragon Ball. The leakers have been wrong about DBS return since 2019 anyway.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Post by jjbgood » Fri Mar 31, 2023 11:29 pm

Dragon Ball have 40th anniversary next year. I think its pretty save -something- animated will be produced then. Will it be announced on Goku day this year? probably not.
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu May 11, 2023 6:27 pm

Nothing about the anime was announced on Goku Day and once again it was proven DB doesn't have any good leakers for the anime.
Even the most reliable leakers for other series all they can do is tweet cryptic messages, so they can easily back away when nothing happens and say it was a misunderstanding.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Mr Baggins
Regular

Post by Mr Baggins » Thu May 11, 2023 7:24 pm

Y'all, I have some jagged pills.

Toei didn't even give a shit about the anime while they were making it. What on earth makes you think they'd want to produce a new TV show?
Review scores for the DBS manga (and movies):

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Fri May 12, 2023 12:05 am

Mr Baggins wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:24 pm Y'all, I have some jagged pills.

Toei didn't even give a shit about the anime while they were making it. What on earth makes you think they'd want to produce a new TV show?
Because they have to soon to keep making money from Dragon Ball. They're currently producing something, I'm sure of that.