Episode #0500 (01 April 2023)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0500 (01 April 2023)

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Apr 01, 2023 1:31 pm

Episode #0500 (download MP3) (rss feed) (subscribe in iTunes) (Spotify version) (YouTube version)
5:36:25; 128 kbps, mono; 308 MB

Episode #0500! We are celebrating five hundred podcast episodes! Join us for a journey from the first episode back in 2005 through today's shenanigans. All the best in-jokes, all the best discussions... and a lot more. Also: we occasionally talk about Dragon Ball.

If you haven't heard, we're giving away a DVD signed by multiple Japanese and American voice actors! Check the entry for this episode on the website-proper for all the details!

Enjoy!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

KBABZ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Episode #0500 (01 April 2023)

Post by KBABZ » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:13 pm

Congrats on 500 episodes!! Notes as I listen...!
  • I can kinda relate to this clip show format; back in my Weta Digital days having a Kanzenshuu episode to listen to on the bus home was a daily ritual for me, and while I kept up with the latest episodes, I also went back through almost all of the old ones.
  • I miss Meri being a consistent voice on the show.
  • I'm kinda surprised you didn't either bleep or make note of the use of the R word during the fandom discussion, considering it's seen as offensive in disabled communities nowadays.
  • Having watched Evolution for the forum Rewatch, it was nice having some proper time between Goku and Son Gohan, and I personally felt Evolution handled the relationship between Goku and Chi-Chi far better than any of the Japanese works have so far.
  • The intended endings guide is actually how I found my way to the website!
  • To this day I am surprised that the Manga Review of Awesomeness organized and judged things by Volume, which is a way to deliver the latest Chapters, not "this is the next story arc". Thus you get some really awkward endings that don't hold up because the original medium was around a perpetual weekly format.
  • I wish you took more forum questions as podcast topics again! That was a great idea.
  • "We don't really have solo segments" - Well, aside from the modern intros and outros, of course!
  • Oh man I remember listening to the Tournament of Power review while I was at the end of a bus ride back home after work at Weta. I was sitting in the seat directly behind the driver, so he thought there was no-one left on the bus and switched the lights off. Total shock when I hit the button for when I wanted to get off!
  • Is that the Mario Kart 8 lobby in the background of an outtake?!

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Thu Apr 20, 2023 8:04 am

VegettoEX: I know you didn't bring me up (was it Herms?) but...

Episode 678 eh? If I'm still alive I'll sure participate on a review of awesomeness. Hit me up!

PS! The podcasts have meant so much to me through the years and I'm still browsing and posting at the forums. Even if I've gotten to become 40 years old and have a kid who's turning 10! So probably even if it takes 10 more years I'll still be around! Which I hope you will, too!

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:50 am

I don't think I've ever thanked you for continuing to provide the direct mp3s for these, but I will say it now. I am in a particular work situation in which listening to the podcast is fair game, but all the usual podcast hosts (including the rss feed) are blocked and no device that can access them is permitted on the job, so the direct hosting is the one way I could reach this particularly background-friendly episode. :thumbup: Thank you for cobbling it together, I was surprised at what I remembered and what I did not!

I think I've been listening since a shortly before I joined the forum, so the Funi Dragon Box coverage, before Yamamoto was removed from Kai, and the last leg of the Manga Review of Awesomeness. Hearing Cory and Jeff again was definitely a step back in time. I had hoped episode 70 would make it into the wacky reel, not something to repeat but too surreal to forget. Is the big green podcast still in limbo, I was expecting the "I want the magic STICK" mashup song to make a comeback.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Apr 20, 2023 11:56 am

Thanks for the comments folks! Lots I could respond to, but the one thing I do want to note is that every episode is back in the RSS feed... and that does in fact include EVERY episode. No more broken links!

I appreciate you all, and we'll be back with 501 sooner than later!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::