Can the Super Dragon Ball revive people that have been dead for a long time?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Can the Super Dragon Ball revive people that have been dead for a long time?

Post by Seekeroftruth » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:23 am

I think it was mentioned that the standard Dragon Balls have a limit in resurrecting people because people who are dead eventually get reincarnated into a new body.

However, the super dragon balls were said to have no limits to the wishes it can grant, so it got me thinking as to whether those dragon balls could resurrect people that have been dead for a while like say Bardock, King vegeta or the saiyan race in general.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Re: Can the Super Dragon Ball revive people that have been dead for a long time?

Post by theherodjl » Mon Apr 10, 2023 12:37 pm

They very well should be able to. The Zeno Twins reinforced the statement that no wish is beyond Super Shenron's ability, if their word isn't reliable then I don't know what is.
It could be as easily explained as the previous lives of souls being able to return so as long as something from their past continues to exist, that being someone they knew or some kind of object/place that triggers a memory. It's worth noting that Dai Kaioshin, Fat Boo, and Oob all exist simultaneously so perhaps the rules behind souls in DB can be as fast and loose as they are needed to be?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Re: Can the Super Dragon Ball revive people that have been dead for a long time?

Post by FoolsGil » Mon Apr 10, 2023 2:36 pm

Yes, the super dragonballs are the deus ex machina plot device orbs.