Piccolo Jr: what did he do before the tournament and would you like to see it?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Piccolo Jr: what did he do before the tournament and would you like to see it?

Post by Wrigglything » Tue May 09, 2023 10:04 am

In honour of Piccolo (and Goku) day, I thought it'd be fun to speculate what Piccolo Jr was doing before the tournament. Since there were noticeable differences between his father and himself, I'd speculate there has to be something during that time that made him who he is today. Or at least a series of events that occurred.

If I were to guess, maybe he was just meditating all day or going to other villages just to infiltrate as a guest and later blow it up or something, given his past self and what he's done.

Obviously a look into this period would be more interesting than the above, but it's still fun to think on what could've been if Toriyama decided to spend more time with Piccolo Jr during his formative years.

Majin Buu
Advanced Regular

Re: Piccolo Jr: what did he do before the tournament and would you like to see it?

Post by Majin Buu » Tue May 09, 2023 11:03 am

I'd be more interested to see what he did after the tournament, specifically what exactly facilitated his becoming less evil and losing his demonic nature in the 3 year interim.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: Piccolo Jr: what did he do before the tournament and would you like to see it?

Post by Yuji » Tue May 09, 2023 11:06 am

I believe we saw some of his backstory in anime filler? He was an outcast and runaway, the target of attacks due to his appearance and powers. Seems like he craved affection and he even saves a family from death before the tournament begins.

Not sure if the Saiyan arc had been drawn in the manga yet, but Toei got his character right despite how evil he is supposed to be during the tournament itself.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue May 09, 2023 11:37 am

He probably stay low to avoid other people finding him.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/