Goten and Trunks Are Evolved Saiyans

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Almighty Majin
Beyond Newbie

Goten and Trunks Are Evolved Saiyans

Post by Almighty Majin » Sun Apr 30, 2023 6:36 pm

In DBS we are introduced to the Universe 6 Saiyans who are actually evolved Saiyans compared to the Universe 7 Saiyans. They all seemed to have evolved not having tails, having higher base level of power, and seem to be able to have an easier time achieving Super Saiyan (S-Cells and all that). Could this be the case with Goten and Trunks (as well as Pan and Bra)? They also seem to have the same characteristics as these Universe 6 Saiyans. Could it be that these newer generation Saiyan hybrids are also evolved Saiyans just like their Universe 6 counterparts?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Goten and Trunks Are Evolved Saiyans

Post by dbgtFO » Mon May 01, 2023 12:58 pm

Yes, this must be the case. They are the sons of Saiyans who at that point had achieved Super Saiyan or was close to it(Vegeta) and had evolved past the need for Ozaru. Thus they are born without tails and instead have an easier time going Super Saiyan.
Evidentally Saiyan genetics are super adaptable and a massively beneficial change in their genetic makeup gets immediately coded into the DNA they pass on to their offspring.

That has been my headcanon for quite awhile and Toriyama has also made statements that imply the same thing ie. S-cells, updated lore about Goku and Vegeta's tails.

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Mon May 01, 2023 3:51 pm

Yeah, it's a shame boys were born tailless.
Could it be that these newer generation Saiyan hybrids are also evolved Saiyans just like their Universe 6 counterparts?
I bet it originally wasn't the case for 99% but probably yes, they can be considered "evolved". The thing I hate the most about U6 Saiyans is they didn't know about Super Saiyan transformation. Not everyone of them needs to be a Super Saiyan, but it would make so much more sense for them to have their own hero or to simply know the legend. They are "evolved" so at least their "elite" should known about/be a Super Saiyan. Them not knowing about it makes no sense with them being "evolved".
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Thu May 04, 2023 12:19 pm

Do you think these "evolved saiyans" can access to their oozaru power like broly did? For those going "WTF is she talking about".

I refer you to the following:

Broly has access to a form known as Wrathful. Paragus deduced that this state is the utilization of a Great Ape's power in base form, gaining its raw physical power and resilience with no loss in agility or general efficiency in battle. However, similar to an actual Great Ape, Broly has difficulty controlling himself in it, quickly losing himself to the build-up of his rage. Using this form also hurts Broly due to the constant eruption of his power, with the growls he lets forth in this form being due to pain rather than fighting spirit.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Thu May 04, 2023 1:28 pm

Seekeroftruth wrote: Thu May 04, 2023 12:19 pm Do you think these "evolved saiyans" can access to their oozaru power like broly did? For those going "WTF is she talking about".

I refer you to the following:

Broly has access to a form known as Wrathful. Paragus deduced that this state is the utilization of a Great Ape's power in base form, gaining its raw physical power and resilience with no loss in agility or general efficiency in battle. However, similar to an actual Great Ape, Broly has difficulty controlling himself in it, quickly losing himself to the build-up of his rage. Using this form also hurts Broly due to the constant eruption of his power, with the growls he lets forth in this form being due to pain rather than fighting spirit.
I don't know, they might be born with that ohzaru power already unlocked, thus no tail needed. Cabba has a base form on par with U6 arc Vegeta's, and he's a just a boy. Well he looks young, he might be much older, so who knows.
They also haven't had that much fights, so that ohzaru power being there already from the beginning could explain this scrawny, unexperienced saiyan being so powerful.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue May 09, 2023 11:47 am

I think Oozaru power being retroactively prevalent throughout the series would be a neat change.

The most prominent non-Broly example is Kale, who almost certainly demonstrates some form of this.

But I'd argue that Future Trunks also displayed this in the anime with his SS Rage form given the way his body began bulking up, had a bluish aura within the golden aura, and also had his eyes blanked out. It could be that, as a Half-Saiyan, Future Trunks couldn't fully display the full green manifestation of Oozaru power, so it appears as yellow and blue within each other instead.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Tue May 09, 2023 12:26 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 11:47 am I think Oozaru power being retroactively prevalent throughout the series would be a neat change.
I think kid Goku having the Oozaru flash behind him in his fights with Piccolo and Popo could be retroactively acknowledged as tapping into Broly's Ikari state.

Battle powers existing and Oozaru being a confirmed 10x multiplier kinda complicates things however.