What's stopping UE Vegeta from getting unlimited power from getting beaten up all day?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

What's stopping UE Vegeta from getting unlimited power from getting beaten up all day?

Post by TBMx » Tue May 09, 2023 4:43 pm

Forget meditation, forget sparring or any kind of conventional training. If manga Vegeta just steals or some way gets a lot of senzu beans out of Korin, then he could get Goku, or Piccolo or Beerus, or anyone with power to just beat him bloodlied and swollen all day. then heal up at the end. Previously he couldn't do this indefinitely cos Zenkai has its limits, but the power of Ultra Ego is unbounded - so he says. If thats the case then there may be no limit to how strong Vegeta could get. So idk whats stopping him.

He doesn't have anything against being beaten up as he did the prime fuel thing against Gas, a stronger more experienced opponent even though it failed against Granolah,all just so he could "evolve" his Ultra Ego. So if he's willing to do that in battle, why not under more controlled conditions?

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Re: What's stopping UE Vegeta from getting unlimited power from getting beaten up all day?

Post by Yuji » Tue May 09, 2023 4:59 pm

What was stopping them from abusing the zenkai boosts before? What was stopping them from abusing the RoSaT? What was stopping them from abusing the multiple methods to unleash one's potential? What was stopping them from using the God ritual on every Saiyan?

The answer is always the same, it's cheap. Narratively, it's not very satisfying and in-universe these characters prefer to gain power through battle and organic training rather than exploiting loopholes. Outside of very dire circumstances like the battle on Namek, they won't resort to essentially cheating.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: What's stopping UE Vegeta from getting unlimited power from getting beaten up all day?

Post by Koitsukai » Tue May 09, 2023 5:17 pm

His personality, his character.
I can only see that happening if some really really strong big, really big bad that's taking their time to arrive is coming their way, and they can only fight them by cheating their way up.

They have an even better and easier answer to getting stronger: the DBs. Yet they never used it like Gas, Granola or Piccolo.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Tue May 09, 2023 6:10 pm

Vegeta might consider some viability in such a method of getting stronger, but his pride simply wouldn't allow himself to go through with it. Even after Vegeta let himself go wild in battle with his newfound power and push it to it's limit, he ultimately chose to fight with discretion, with Vegeta ending up actually saying "please" to Goku in completing his duel with Gas. The odds were against him but he didn't really care about obtaining absolute power to counteract that, Vegeta just wanted to fight and lose on his own terms. That says to me that Vegeta just has too much dignity to want to abuse a power up until he's stronger than he knows what to do with, it would just feel unearned & shameful in his eyes.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 09, 2023 8:26 pm

It might not be as straightforward as “more damage = more power” when it’s not tied to the psychology of a life-or-death fight.

It’s also not clear that whatever boosts he gets while in the form are permanent.

TBMx
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TBMx » Tue May 09, 2023 10:45 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 5:17 pm His personality, his character.
I can only see that happening if some really really strong big, really big bad that's taking their time to arrive is coming their way, and they can only fight them by cheating their way up.

They have an even better and easier answer to getting stronger: the DBs. Yet they never used it like Gas, Granola or Piccolo.
Vegeta believes the way to advance Ultra Ego is to be like the man he used to be in the past.

The Vegeta of the past had no issue exploiting the zenkai, which this is just a more advanced version of doing. Training suited to UE's characteristics.

So if Vegeta wants to emulate old Vegeta so bad, why not actually emulate him.

Skar
I Live Here

Post by Skar » Thu May 11, 2023 2:19 am

I think it might have diminishing returns over time. Usually a new powerup or training method is most effective when they first discover it but won't offer the same results forever. If the characters really had unlimited potential then some mortal would eventually surpass the Angels and Grand Priest. Based on how long it's taking Goku and Vegeta surpass Beerus, I don't think they'll ever reach Whis.

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Thu May 11, 2023 5:38 am

There’s a million reasons for that. On top of what everyone said, Senzus aren’t that easy to get (They often just get a handful every few months/years), Beerus wouldn’t want to give Vegeta a boost so easily, and I imagine Vegeta has to be fighting all out. He didn’t even get seriously injured by Granolah before using UE, but was still improving nonetheless. So it’s basically sparring.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!