Songs that sound quite similar to Dragon Ball songs (That are NOT outright ripoffs)

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Songs that sound quite similar to Dragon Ball songs (That are NOT outright ripoffs)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:19 am

I was listening to this song from the Japanese version of Samurai Pizza Cats. And its remarkably similar to Romantic Ageru Yo. And that's because they are both composed by Takeshi Ike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-sOISVvOGU

The song is To Be Yourself from the Kyatto Ninden Teyande OST.

BTW I am asking people not to bring up outright ripoffs like anything from Yamamoto.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

DB1984
Banned

Re: Songs that sound quite similar to Dragon Ball songs (That are NOT outright ripoffs)

Post by DB1984 » Fri May 26, 2023 12:51 pm

What about if a song was ONLY arranged by Yamamoto, and composed by someone else instead? Does that count for this thread?

The DBZ OP/ED themes for #001-#199 are examples of that.

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Songs that sound quite similar to Dragon Ball songs (That are NOT outright ripoffs)

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Fri May 26, 2023 1:00 pm

DB1984 wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 12:51 pm What about if a song was ONLY arranged by Yamamoto, and composed by someone else instead? Does that count for this thread?

The DBZ OP/ED themes for #001-#199 are examples of that.
You have to mention another song from another franchise or media that is similar. Not just two within Dragon Ball itself.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol: