"Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Re: "Dragon Ball Legends" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:27 am

I'm beginning to think Shueisha prohibited Dimps from giving Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to the characters. Xeno Trunks is still in Super Saiyan God since 2019, Shallot and Giblet are also stuck in it for quite a while now. It's cool their fusion and all, but maybe they're trying to distract us from this fact by doing it instead.

Well, at least we now have our first fused character using Super Saiyan God, which Gogeta and Vegetto should have appeared using it as well by now.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Dec 28, 2022 1:25 pm

Grimlock wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:27 am I'm beginning to think Shueisha prohibited Dimps from giving Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to the characters. Xeno Trunks is still in Super Saiyan God since 2019, Shallot and Giblet are also stuck in it for quite a while now. It's cool their fusion and all, but maybe they're trying to distract us from this fact by doing it instead.
Trunks I understand because maybe if he returns again one day, he might learn Blue in canon, so they don't want to take the hype away from such moment. But Shallot is a game-only character so I think he should be safe game.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:06 pm

What I hate is that Cabba can't go SS3 until the anime makes it canon. He's training with Shallot, but can't grow.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:33 am

A UL Gogeta Blue is something that i didn't really have any crazy thoughts on after seeing the initial reveal and intro splash screen, though I'd like to see it's performance during PVP before I take the plunge in getting him. I don't really see Kaioken Blue as much these days and even UL Broly does not have much uses, but there sure are plenty of Gogetas.

Story thoughts:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Thu Dec 29, 2022 12:57 pm

Wrigglything wrote: Thu Dec 29, 2022 8:33 am A UL Gogeta Blue is something that i didn't really have any crazy thoughts on after seeing the initial reveal and intro splash screen, though I'd like to see it's performance during PVP before I take the plunge in getting him. I don't really see Kaioken Blue as much these days and even UL Broly does not have much uses, but there sure are plenty of Gogetas.

Story thoughts:

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:33 am

I'm often surprised with how long it takes for this game to deliver on the obvious choices. Still no Orange Piccolo? Another Gogeta Blue? Interesting choice. Maybe it's because the Dragon Ball Super anime is gone, so they feel the need to hold back popular characters, so they can draw people back in later. The first time it felt to me like a popular character was taking forever to be introduced to the game was with Ultra Instinct Goku, which did happen to appear at the tail end of the anime.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:33 am I'm often surprised with how long it takes for this game to deliver on the obvious choices. Still no Orange Piccolo? Another Gogeta Blue? Interesting choice. Maybe it's because the Dragon Ball Super anime is gone, so they feel the need to hold back popular characters, so they can draw people back in later. The first time it felt to me like a popular character was taking forever to be introduced to the game was with Ultra Instinct Goku, which did happen to appear at the tail end of the anime.
I always assume there is a lag, they have stuff planned out long in advance so it takes a while before they can implement new shit.

I'm out of the story mode regarding the power scaling but i assume UI/EGO/beast/orange could steal the win from the protagonist. It involves time travel but I suspect the “present day” version of the villain possibly comes from before orange and beast.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:47 am

TobyS wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:46 am
ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jan 01, 2023 3:33 am I'm often surprised with how long it takes for this game to deliver on the obvious choices. Still no Orange Piccolo? Another Gogeta Blue? Interesting choice. Maybe it's because the Dragon Ball Super anime is gone, so they feel the need to hold back popular characters, so they can draw people back in later. The first time it felt to me like a popular character was taking forever to be introduced to the game was with Ultra Instinct Goku, which did happen to appear at the tail end of the anime.
I always assume there is a lag, they have stuff planned out long in advance so it takes a while before they can implement new shit.

I'm out of the story mode regarding the power scaling but i assume UI/EGO/beast/orange could steal the win from the protagonist. It involves time travel but I suspect the “present day” version of the villain possibly comes from before orange and beast.
Oh, for real. The game takes place not too long after the Broly movie, after all.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri Jan 27, 2023 12:31 pm

I thought they left it vague what time the present is in Legends on purpose. Like we've never seen present Goku go all out against anyone.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:09 pm

Thani wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:47 am

Oh, for real. The game takes place not too long after the Broly movie, after all.
I thought the whole thing was he had captured Kaioshin as a kinda mutually assured destruction thing with Beerus. Has he powered up enough since?
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:40 pm

TobyS wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 6:09 pm
Thani wrote: Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:47 am

I thought the whole thing was he had captured Kaioshin as a kinda mutually assured destruction thing with Beerus. Has he powered up enough since?
He captured Kaioshin so he could make Beerus stay still with that threat, yes. But after he finished the first phase of his plan, he did obtain the power necessary to face gods like Beerus in direct battle. More than that would be a spoiler tho, so I'll leave it at that for now.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:49 pm

Didn't like much these new banners, I mean no new characters at all, just the same ones with a different kit/animation.

Speaking of animation, gosh... could that be the worst artwork Legends ever produced? And that's speaking about the game is often praised by it's art.

LF 17 is kinda of a joke when people were expecting to be Kefla also why her F2P version is not in her base form? We already had 2 SSJ2 versions of her in this game.

UL Hit is interesting, but still meh... I'm probably saying that because of my bad luck while trying summoning ULTRAs.

About the story so far...:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:27 pm

Noah wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:49 pm
UL Hit is interesting, but still meh... I'm probably saying that because of my bad luck while trying summoning ULTRAs.
Honestly I'm just kind of glad they were actually able to implement time skip in some form, with the timer and even the camera halting whenever a time skip is successful. Real awkward if it is the middle of the camera changing though.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:02 am

Noah wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:49 pm
About the story so far...:

Seekeroftruth
Beyond Newbie

Post by Seekeroftruth » Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:21 pm

Why is this game so HEAVILY region restricted? I would like to play but cannot.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Apr 30, 2023 9:01 pm

Not much to say for these past two months, I still have my bad luck with ULTRAs, so yea no Goku Black and no Kid Boo either, but this last one is because I don't intent to summon it. DBL anniversary is next month so I'm saving some CC for something good that might come there.

Not a fan of this trend of releasing dual char units, but hey I finally got the Blue Boys and that's almost two years since their release lol

About the story so far:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Fri May 26, 2023 4:58 pm

Gave this game a break for a while, because it started to feel like a chore. I got back in today, and man do I hate when I log in to find they've added another dozen features. More items to collect to upgrade your character, but now there's a chance for the upgrade to fail, which is just...why? How do new players even get into this game? It feels like you need a masters degree to understand all the mechanics, modes, etc in the game. And that's not even getting into how long it takes to just get past all the daily stuff that pops up when you open the game for the first time in the day. I just wanted to jump into the story, but this took the wind out of my sails.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:45 am

Grimlock wrote: Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:27 amI'm beginning to think Shueisha prohibited Dimps from giving Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan to the characters. Xeno Trunks is still in Super Saiyan God since 2019, Shallot and Giblet are also stuck in it for quite a while now. It's cool their fusion and all, but maybe they're trying to distract us from this fact by doing it instead.
Posts that age poorly. They do have some weird decisions of prolonging the inevitable, though. What took them so long?

Well, here we are, our first Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan besides Goku and Vegeta. Who could've thought it was going to be Shallot of all people? I thought it was going to be Xeno Trunks the first one. Maybe Shallot getting it means Xeno Trunks will get it too at the anniversary event in the end of this year.

Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am

Well, it could be that Super Saiyan Blue was off limits before, but things have changed. Blue is no longer the top level of power. Goku has multiple Ultra Instinct forms, Vegeta has Ultra Ego (although it has yet to be shown in animation), Gohan has Beast form, and Piccolo has Orange form. Blue isn't as special now, so maybe now other characters are allowed to go Blue.

Although Xenoverse 2 allowed CaCs to go both Blue and Evolution for a while, so maybe not. lol

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:24 pm

We finally reached the 5th anniversary of DBL, and I've already talked about it here, so it's not really news, but I usually follow things about the game on the Reddit page, and the reception for this celebration compared to last year's has been much more positive. I can confirm that myself, there's much more free content/CC... one of my old complaints was the lack of new characters (usually they were just recycled versions of the same ones), but in one of the recent banners, they added some new (forgotten) ones like Kyawei and Kahseral. Speaking of these banners, I usually have good luck during DBL anniversaries, in this last one with the new characters, I only missed out on Jiren (transforming) and Orange Piccolo, but I got most of them. It's very likely that the third part (unfortunately) will feature ULTRA Vegetto Blue, and since I have terrible luck with characters of that rarity, maybe I won't even bother trying.

About the story so far:

ZeroNeonix wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 11:58 am Well, it could be that Super Saiyan Blue was off limits before, but things have changed. Blue is no longer the top level of power. Goku has multiple Ultra Instinct forms, Vegeta has Ultra Ego (although it has yet to be shown in animation), Gohan has Beast form, and Piccolo has Orange form. Blue isn't as special now, so maybe now other characters are allowed to go Blue.
Why you act as if games in this franchise have to give any importance to that? The fact that any mention of events from Toyotaro's manga was ignored in Super Hero clearly shows that they have no intention (yet) of addressing anything from there.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs