"Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball FighterZ" Official Discussion Thread

Post by LightBing » Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:28 pm

This doesn't give me confidence for a FighterZ 2 release anytime soon...

This patch seems like a buffer, plus with the new BT game likely in 2024. I'm guessing 2025 release date for an hypothetical FighterZ 2.

Hope the patch is good!

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:13 pm

LightBing wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:28 pm This doesn't give me confidence for a FighterZ 2 release anytime soon...

This patch seems like a buffer, plus with the new BT game likely in 2024. I'm guessing 2025 release date for an hypothetical FighterZ 2.

Hope the patch is good!
I was actually thinking we wouldn't get the new BT game until 2025. They said it's still early in development, so I can see them having us wait 2 years. 2025 is the 20th anniversary of the BT series after all. I do wonder when we will get FighterZ 2 or if the port to PS5/XSX of FighterZ is just going to continue DLC from there.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:30 am

Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:13 pm
LightBing wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 2:28 pm This doesn't give me confidence for a FighterZ 2 release anytime soon...

Hope the patch is good!
I was actually thinking we wouldn't get the new BT game until 2025. They said it's still early in development, so I can see them having us wait 2 years. 2025 is the 20th anniversary of the BT series after all. I do wonder when we will get FighterZ 2 or if the port to PS5/XSX of FighterZ is just going to continue DLC from there.
That would mean 2023 and 2024 without games, unless they announce more in-between. Which would be weird since BT is already in the queue.

Regarding DLC for this game, it won't happen. They've been done with this game for a long time.

Rollback is only coming as a test ground for the sequel.
This balance patch is only coming because there's a new World Tour coming (plus they likely underestimated whatever schedule they had). Hell even the last patch only came because #21 was so unbalanced, tournaments were starting to ban her.

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Thu Mar 16, 2023 8:22 pm

LightBing wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:30 am
Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 10:13 pm

Hope the patch is good!
That would mean 2023 and 2024 without games, unless they announce more in-between. Which would be weird since BT is already in the queue.

Regarding DLC for this game, it won't happen. They've been done with this game for a long time.

Rollback is only coming as a test ground for the sequel.
This balance patch is only coming because there's a new World Tour coming (plus they likely underestimated whatever schedule they had). Hell even the last patch only came because #21 was so unbalanced, tournaments were starting to ban her.
True that it would be hard to imagine 2 full years with out DBZ games, but considering the support they receive through DLC, it could still be a good thing that would allow more development time. They don't need to rush out DBZ games like they used to. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we got FighterZ 2 in 2024 and then BT4 the following year. I feel like XV3 isn't going to happen.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:17 pm

I only have one more achievement left in Fighterz, it's the 20 Million Zeni achievement.

Does anyone know what days they give out lots of Zeni? I've heard Goku day was one

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:59 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:17 pm I only have one more achievement left in Fighterz, it's the 20 Million Zeni achievement.

Does anyone know what days they give out lots of Zeni? I've heard Goku day was one
How much zeni do you need and how long have you had the game for? I had the game in April 2018 and got the trophy at the end of January 2021. Probably had over 150 hours of playtime at that point. I don't play much these days but I feel like every time I log on, the game gives me a batch of zeni from some recent promotions.

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:24 pm

Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:59 pm
Bardock God of Time wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2023 9:17 pm I only have one more achievement left in Fighterz, it's the 20 Million Zeni achievement.

How much zeni do you need and how long have you had the game for? I had the game in April 2018 and got the trophy at the end of January 2021. Probably had over 150 hours of playtime at that point. I don't play much these days but I feel like every time I log on, the game gives me a batch of zeni from some recent promotions.
Had the game since launch, I just started playing it again recently. Currently at 7.5 Million zeni

Super Saiyan Zach

Post by Super Saiyan Zach » Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:38 pm

Bardock God of Time wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 5:24 pm
Super Saiyan Zach wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:59 pm

Had the game since launch, I just started playing it again recently. Currently at 7.5 Million zeni
Oh, it might take you a while then. I have no idea what kind of promotions they are going to have going forward. Best of luck to you though!

sangofe
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by sangofe » Wed Apr 05, 2023 1:40 am

I wonder if a complete character edition will be released soon.

Platypus

Post by Platypus » Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:39 am

The achievement/trophy that is bothering me the most is the one where you need 530,000 BP. I keep losing most of my matches.
Any tips or tricks I can use?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Apr 06, 2023 6:02 pm

Platypus wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:39 am

The achievement/trophy that is bothering me the most is the one where you need 530,000 BP. I keep losing most of my matches.
I personally boosted with another achievement hunter

Platypus

Post by Platypus » Wed May 03, 2023 5:51 pm

Platypus wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 11:39 am The achievement/trophy that is bothering me the most is the one where you need 530,000 BP. I keep losing most of my matches.
Is anyone willing to help me out with this one? I've hardly increased my BP over the last month, and it's getting on my nerves. I just want this to be over and done with. I play on PS4. I'll return the favor on any trophy I can help with.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Wed May 10, 2023 7:28 am

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu May 11, 2023 11:19 am

10 million is huge! FighterZ 2 has to be in the works, it has so much potential.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 12, 2023 9:12 pm

LightBing wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:19 am 10 million is huge! FighterZ 2 has to be in the works, it has so much potential.
It will happen. There's no reason for not to. It will probably be later than sooner though.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Neo-Makaiōshin
I Live Here

Post by Neo-Makaiōshin » Mon May 22, 2023 10:17 am

Rollback netcode update has been delayed.

Dragon Ball was always a kid series and fans should stop being in denial.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon May 22, 2023 12:41 pm

Well at least the patch is coming tomorrow. Let's see what we get. Plus we know there's another coming.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Fri May 26, 2023 3:43 am

LightBing wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 11:19 am 10 million is huge! FighterZ 2 has to be in the works, it has so much potential.
it really does but i doubt they do it mainly because whoever is in charge of the franchise now has been making horrible decisions post 2018 in regards to well... everything. DBFZ2 would be an instant slam dunk but my worry is with the way they have been so cheap with the franchise as of late they'd rather do more low budget arena crap than a 2-d fighter since it isnt as expensive. Like 10 million is great but Fighterz should have been blown past XV2 in sales just off the fact its an infinitely a better product that the xenoverse series will ever dream to be. That worries me that both games have the same amount of copies sold.

Jord
Advanced Regular

Post by Jord » Sat May 27, 2023 8:53 am

Well, we're supposed to get proper series X and Ps5 versions first. Actually looking forward to a complete edition.

kemuri07
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by kemuri07 » Sun May 28, 2023 1:12 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Fri May 26, 2023 3:43 am
it really does but i doubt they do it mainly because whoever is in charge of the franchise now has been making horrible decisions post 2018 in regards to well... everything. DBFZ2 would be an instant slam dunk but my worry is with the way they have been so cheap with the franchise as of late they'd rather do more low budget arena crap than a 2-d fighter since it isnt as expensive. Like 10 million is great but Fighterz should have been blown past XV2 in sales just off the fact its an infinitely a better product that the xenoverse series will ever dream to be. That worries me that both games have the same amount of copies sold.
1. I'd argue placing emphasis on arena fighters is actually the smart move on Namco's part precisely because of how cheap they are, and precisely because you can load them up with DLC and new characters and not have to worry about balancing them out for competitive play. The appeal of arena fighters is the low barrier of entry and that you don't necessarily play them in regards for how competitive. You play them because of the cool anime bullshit you can do with them, so it's totally okay if a specific character is over powered.

2. Honestly, what would a Fighterz 2 even be? Just more characters? Isn't that just a patch update? Especially when you have the likes of SF6 or Tekken 8 on the horizon, it's not enough to just be "more Fighterz." It would have to be significantly different than the first to justify a likely 70$ price tag. And, "characters from Dragon Ball Heroes" just doesn't cut it.

3. Another issue is, well, Dragon Ball itself. The big thing about Street Fighter is that it often moves back and forth through time, which allows Capcom flexibility in character design as well as gameplay mechanics themselves. Street Fighter 6 is canonically the most recent in the game's lore. Goku will always be Goku and no design will dare go beyond anything that we haven't seen in manga/anime.

I'm sure a Fighterz 2 has been discusses and maybe one will happen, but I think it's just as likely that we get more character packs.