About the movies! Your input.

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Godo
I Live Here

About the movies! Your input.

Post by Godo » Wed May 31, 2023 8:16 am

A common phenomenon in the movies, especially from the "Z-era", is that it takes pretty much forever (around 30 minutes of fighting in or something haha) for the main protagonist to transform. Out-of universe, it's probably due to being able to have as much fighting as possible and to pace the movie: confidence>desperation>confidence>desperation>success.

But I want you all to give your own reasoning, in universe, as to why our beloved warriors choose to act as a punching bag for the villain.

My guess is that this only applies to the Saiyans. When Tenshinhan arrives he spams kikohos left and right, Kuririn is proficient with ki blasts and his Kienzan, Yamcha loves his ki balls, Chao-zu was the kid named Finger and Yajirobe used his sword, and they often use them from the beginning of the fight.
The Saiyans, however, are desperate for a good and challenging fight and therefore could easily fight at an disadvantage, even to the extent to looking like weaklings for a while. Contradictingly, they have pride in their strength and can't wait to stump their enemy in their cool Super Saiyan glory. Look at their smug smirks when they always smile like "lol that was nothing" after being pummeled around like a Capybara in the Australian desert by a fat and drunk Tourist. They love it. Even though they looked so owned just moments ago.