"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

jjbgood
Not-So-Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by jjbgood » Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 pm

YamiGoku wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:31 pm
Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:25 am As new supposed "leaks" appear online here and there, what do you personally think the web anime will be like?
And how hyped should we be for it? Because if it's not Dragon Ball Super, it could also mean that we're getting something important to the lore that doesn't fit into the current timeline, like the past of this franchise that we still have to explore.

I dont know if there is any "leak" I would trust at this point, even if the Leaker was someone known, Hell, at thjis point I wont belive it even if my own mother was the one telling me.
of all the leaks since 2018, this is the most ridiculous and obviously fakest one i have seen by far.
HOST AND FOUNDER OF THE GERMAN DRAGON BALL PODCAST "KAMEHAMEHA".
ADVISOR FOR THE GERMAN DUB OF DRAGON BALL SUPER.
FAN FOR OVER 20 YEARS.
https://kame-hame-ha.de/

Dragmobot12
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragmobot12 » Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:18 am

jjbgood wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 9:37 pm
YamiGoku wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 1:31 pm
Dragmobot12 wrote: Sat Apr 08, 2023 10:25 am As new supposed "leaks" appear online here and there, what do you personally think the web anime will be like?
And how hyped should we be for it? Because if it's not Dragon Ball Super, it could also mean that we're getting something important to the lore that doesn't fit into the current timeline, like the past of this franchise that we still have to explore.

I dont know if there is any "leak" I would trust at this point, even if the Leaker was someone known, Hell, at thjis point I wont belive it even if my own mother was the one telling me.
of all the leaks since 2018, this is the most ridiculous and obviously fakest one i have seen by far.
I mean, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't get my expectations up for everything I see on the internet, but I was very skeptical about this one because nobody paid as much attention to it as other leaks.
It kind of gives me Mandalorian vibes, considering the amount of episodes, and the Cooler and Turles cameo part.
But what interests me is that we really haven't seen Bardock's downfall and how he got to the part where he dies by a Super Nova again, I think DBS Broly was supposed to show us that.
Anyway, I personally think that milking Bardock has become too annoying lately and it's tiring. So I hope that it's not Dragon Ball Minus, but I could be wrong.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:56 am

Doesn't sound impossible. What's the source of these leaks?

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:03 am

Dragmobot12 wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 4:18 am and the Cooler and Turles cameo part.
Cooler being there normally in U7, but somehow not giving a single crap about everything that's been happening, would just be terrible writing. And bringing Turles on top of that? Too forced and fan pandering. At this rate might as well say that all Saiyans survived the planet's destruction.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:24 am

May 9th announcement coming, I can feel it 8)

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:35 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:24 am May 9th announcement coming, I can feel it 8)
My expectations are very low. I rather expect a trailer of tenkaichi 4.

I hope I'm wrong :)

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:57 pm

2chan/4chan fake leaks are always very funny. Much better than the cringe Youtube leaks that too seriously.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sun Apr 30, 2023 7:53 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:35 pm
Xeogran wrote: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:24 am May 9th announcement coming, I can feel it 8)
My expectations are very low. I rather expect a trailer of tenkaichi 4.

I hope I'm wrong :)
I do hope for a new Series announcement or something, it's sad that the latest arcs haven't shown up in any form outside of just the manga.

No merchandise, no video game appearances, it's baffling

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon May 01, 2023 2:00 pm

Gt91 wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2023 2:35 pm My expectations are very low. I rather expect a trailer of tenkaichi 4.
I'd gladly welcome that too, but I feel the game is too early in development for that.

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Mon May 01, 2023 8:05 pm

They've gotta announce something for next year. It's the 40th anniversary of the franchise. They've even been building up to it with those monthly anniversary gallery where well known mangaka recreate the original manga's volume artwork. Next year could be a new movie, or that rumoured web anime, or even the return of Super.

...Or it could be nothing. I'm used to expecting nothing at this point.

FPSSJ4_Goku
Regular

Post by FPSSJ4_Goku » Mon May 01, 2023 10:37 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote: Mon May 01, 2023 8:05 pm They've gotta announce something for next year. It's the 40th anniversary of the franchise. They've even been building up to it with those monthly anniversary gallery where well known mangaka recreate the original manga's volume artwork. Next year could be a new movie, or that rumoured web anime, or even the return of Super.

...Or it could be nothing. I'm used to expecting nothing at this point.
It would be an EGREGIOUS waste of our time if they spent ages recreating manga covers with different mangaka, only for us to get nothing. I can wait for Tenkaichi 4's trailer; I have all the damn time in the world to wait. But give us SOMETHING for the anime, PLEASE!!
So, you decided to read my signature, eh?

If you'd like, check out my YouTube channel, and maybe subscribe?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Mon May 08, 2023 12:03 pm

It's Goku/Piccolo Day in Japan, 1 AM over there

We'll have to wait and see if anything will be announced later today. Only thing that may be announced today is Goku Black coming to Fortnite, hopefully we'll get something else announced.

Zekken

Post by Zekken » Tue May 09, 2023 6:14 am

Nothing so far....... except for that sand land thingy
Better to have tried and failed
rather than have done nothing at all

Trouser
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Trouser » Tue May 09, 2023 10:38 am

If it's really Tullece, I hope he looks exactly the same as the original one. I can accept slighty different armor, but I want him to stay a "what if Goku never hit his head" character. I'm kind of excited for Tullece and Cooler's appearance.
"If it means having to live under your control, I'd rather be dead!" - Trunks
English is not my first language, if I've made a mistake, please, feel free to correct me. It will help, thanks.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue May 09, 2023 10:40 am

Trouser wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:38 am If it's really Tullece, I hope he looks exactly the same as the original one. I can accept slighty different armor, but I want him to stay a "what if Goku never hit his head" character. I'm kind of excited for Tullece and Cooler's appearance.
What are you talking about?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Tue May 09, 2023 11:00 am

sangofe wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:40 am
Trouser wrote: Tue May 09, 2023 10:38 am If it's really Tullece, I hope he looks exactly the same as the original one. I can accept slighty different armor, but I want him to stay a "what if Goku never hit his head" character. I'm kind of excited for Tullece and Cooler's appearance.
What are you talking about?
I'm assuming they're talking about the drawings Toyo drew, doesn't mean that they're gonna show up in the manga or they're canon. I think they're mistaken

Nanatsu88

Post by Nanatsu88 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:59 am

Well, a month has passed since Goku's day and there has been no news.

I notice everything related to the web series very strange. Ajay announced in September that a web series was going to be produced and shortly after confirmed that production had started in October. Web series usually have 12 episodes normally. The series has been in production for 7 months, so if it has 12 episodes it should be almost finished. How is it possible that nothing has been announced?
Toei instead with other productions like Digimon 02 movie, Kinnukuman new series recently, Sailor Moon movies, Kitaro Netflix series have been announced before even starting production. And with 7 months of production of Dragon Ball for a web series that shouldn't have many episodes, don't they announce anything? It's too strange.

This gives rise to doubts if the production of a web series really began in October or if perhaps the information received from Ajay has not been completely correct.
Maybe they did start production in October but they are really doing the continuation of Super for TV for next year when Run for the Money: The Great Mission ends.
If so, it would make sense that they have been in production for 7 months and have not announced anything and the production time would be higher than that of Dragon Quest Dai for a long-running series.

Hopefully Ajay will stop by and give us an update on the production.

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:21 pm

Hope dies last as they say :lol:

Holding out and waiting for Goku's day, Jump Festas and other occasions is fine, but I will never understand why people still trust these leaks.
Of course nothing is happening, after such long time of shady clickbaiting videos happening pretty much all the time, we can be sure about it.

Looks like Dragon Ball doesn't have anyone like Jason from Making Star Wars at this moment. Except for few twitter accounts that leak official information from Jump and Video Game devs weeks in advance :)
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

YamiGoku
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by YamiGoku » Thu Jun 01, 2023 5:51 pm

I hope Tenkaichi 4 has a good what if story or something with good animations, at this point I'm so sure there is nothing animated coming for DB that the only smich of hope I have left is to watch the potential new video game cutscenes. :cry:

Super Saiyan Swagger

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:25 pm

I'm only anticipating some kind of animated content for the franchise's 40th anniversary next year. I'll actually laugh in pain if we get nothing.