(Possibly) Shady Artist on YouTube?

Discussion regarding any musical aspect of the franchise, from game soundtracks to BGM to remixes. Upcoming & classic CDs, reviews, where to find them, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

(Possibly) Shady Artist on YouTube?

Post by Wrigglything » Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:18 pm

Lately I've been observing that this artist has been popping up on YouTube and claiming videos with music from Dragon Ball (be it vocals or instrumental pieces), but while it mentions Nippon Columbia, I'm not sure if it is legit or not. Though judging by the lack of credit and the artist name, I have a gut feeling it might not be. Below is the link to the channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgMemc ... rzKTQD5snw

But I'm not so sure on what you guys think. Is this real, and if not how we're they able to infiltrate YouTube music as the real thing even if they aren't?

nineko
Beyond Newbie

Re: (Possibly) Shady Artist on YouTube?

Post by nineko » Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:48 am

Bogus copyright claims are all over youtube, sadly. As an owner of a gaming channel I know that all too well, you have no idea how many scammers try to pretend that they own the Tetris music, but there are dozens if not hundreds of cases, I had to take down some of my videos or at least mute some portions of them to be in the clear, I was just mentioning something similar on another forum a few hours ago.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Wed Feb 22, 2023 5:27 pm

Nineko pretty much explained everything
I've been witnessing this since 2021, but never talked about it before because I wasn't sure
Actually all of these uploads are a mess, specially the scores
No, only a few of the uploads mention Nippon Columbia, the majority of them mention multiple different names
The two most recurring are Fuji Sys and Anime Friends.
I tried my best to search any info about them, and everything I could find was a medical devices company and a brazilian event, no relation.
Maybe they actually bought the rights of all of these songs? It's important to note that they started to upload the Kikuchi scores months after his death.
But would Columbia really let them? These songs are really old, so I have no ideia...hmmm :eh:
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.

Wrigglything
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wrigglything » Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:03 am

Hey, does anyone else have any trouble accessing to these uploads? I started noticing this when their music isn't on YouTube Music anymore (yes, I actually use it). It seems that they have been taken down. The page doesn't have content anymore like last time.

Perhaps they were taken down due to copyright infringement, or they themselves took it down over licensing disputes or just because they lost access to it? We may never really know.

All I know is that we are now stuck listening to 13 year old uploads of varying quality to get our classic Dragon Ball music kick once more, at least outside Japan.

Rafa Fast
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Rafa Fast » Thu Aug 10, 2023 5:05 am

Wrigglything wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:03 am Hey, does anyone else have any trouble accessing to these uploads? I started noticing this when their music isn't on YouTube Music anymore (yes, I actually use it). It seems that they have been taken down. The page doesn't have content anymore like last time.

Perhaps they were taken down due to copyright infringement, or they themselves took it down over licensing disputes or just because they lost access to it? We may never really know.

All I know is that we are now stuck listening to 13 year old uploads of varying quality to get our classic Dragon Ball music kick once more, at least outside Japan.
Couldn't find them anymore too, I think you're right, also for that last paragraph, I recommend you to check out BladeBGM's channel, I believe he's currently who owns the complete set of Kikuchi music (from DB Pilaf Saga to DBZ Movie 13) in the best quality so far.
I simply wouldn't want to imagine my life without Dragon Ball, thank you Akira Toriyama (1955-2024), you are now immortal.