Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" Dub Turns 14; Still Unreleased

Discussion specifically regarding the "refreshed" TV version of DBZ created in Japan for its 20th anniversary, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Re: Ocean Studios' "Dragon Ball Kai" Dub Turns 13; Still Unreleased

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:29 am

NitroEX wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:44 am Somewhat relevant. https://twitter.com/leetockar/status/16 ... 0175836161
Wonder if Lee Tockar is saying Zaboera as a character is like Freeza, or that the voice he uses for both characters is similar?

I'm still excited to hear more of Tockar's Freeza if this is what's in store.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:15 am

Do you think asking for it to go on kimcartoon would be useful?

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 am

Grim_Furīza wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:15 am Do you think asking for it to go on kimcartoon would be useful?
That's a joke, right?

Dragon Ball Ireland
I Live Here

Post by Dragon Ball Ireland » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:12 am

Saffron Henderson said in one of the livestreams Ocean would never let Kai leak because they are very strict on who owns what rights (not surprising in retrospect since some actors have confirmed it was difficult to get clips for their reels). If Ocean have that attitude towards an accidental slip I can't imagine they would be any more accepting of an upload to a piracy site. Quite the contrary I'd think.
Do you have any info about international non-English broadcasts about the Dragon Ball anime or manga translations/editions? Please message me. Researching for a future book with Dragon Ball scholar Derek Padula :thumbup:

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Wed Aug 30, 2023 9:35 am

Dragon Ball Ireland wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 7:29 am
NitroEX wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 5:44 am Somewhat relevant. https://twitter.com/leetockar/status/16 ... 0175836161
Wonder if Lee Tockar is saying Zaboera as a character is like Freeza, or that the voice he uses for both characters is similar?

I'm still excited to hear more of Tockar's Freeza if this is what's in store.
Truthfully, I think I would rather a Pauline Newstone "Frieza" is 00:45 of this video is what we were in store for:
https://youtu.be/ql71Xn0YaGc?si=umI1mmgYqFj5EkSm

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Wed Aug 30, 2023 6:18 pm

MistaL wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:34 am
Grim_Furīza wrote: Wed Aug 30, 2023 2:15 am Do you think asking for it to go on kimcartoon would be useful?
That's a joke, right?
Kim is a brilliant scientist!!

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 7:46 am

Need an editor for an Ocean Dub project, anyone interested?

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 8:18 am

Ok didnt want to mini mod but here goes:

Please dont make double posts and make your own thread for that project. You are giving people who waited 13 years for the Ocean dub false hope. And your suggestion of kimcartoon will never happen and it actually seems like you are mocking these people with that brilliant scientist joke you made. Please stop.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

This forum is so over-dramatic that it's not even funny.
90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:36 am

Not giving false hope, don't be a negative nancy. I made a joke, I'm neurodivergent. I really am looking for an editor so I can give the community an amazing project. Besides I was warned not to make my own thread because I'd have FUNimation fans ready to tear me a new one, so instead of being negative be supportive

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:57 am

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:36 am Not giving false hope, don't be a negative nancy. I made a joke, I'm neurodivergent. I really am looking for an editor so I can give the community an amazing project. Besides I was warned not to make my own thread because I'd have FUNimation fans ready to tear me a new one, so instead of being negative be supportive

I am neurodivergent too, I am not a negative nancy. This really isnt the thread for this. Plus there arent many Funimation fans here, this is Kanzenshuu and most people here are fans of the Japanese version. Also you should be supportive too, it goes both ways, this really isnt the place for this.
Marz wrote: Wed Jul 21, 2021 11:27 pm "Well, the chapter was good, the story was good and so were the fights. But a new transformation, in Dragon Ball? And one that's ugly? This is where we draw the line!!! Jump the Shark moment!!"

90sDBZ wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:44 pm19 years ago I was rushing home from school to watch DBZ on Cartoon Network, and today I've rushed home from work to watch DBS on Pop. I guess it's true the more things change the more they stay the same. :lol:

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:02 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:57 am
Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 9:36 am Not giving false hope, don't be a negative nancy. I made a joke, I'm neurodivergent. I really am looking for an editor so I can give the community an amazing project. Besides I was warned not to make my own thread because I'd have FUNimation fans ready to tear me a new one, so instead of being negative be supportive

I am neurodivergent too, I am not a negative nancy. This really isnt the thread for this. Plus there arent many Funimation fans here, this is Kanzenshuu and most people here are fans of the Japanese version. Also you should be supportive too, it goes both ways, this really isnt the place for this.
This is an ocean thread not Toei so technically you don't belong here. How am I being unsupportive? You're being rude for no reason you ass hat

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:05 am

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:02 am

This is an ocean thread not Toei so technically you don't belong here. How am I being unsupportive? You're being rude for no reason you ass hat
I meant that you wouldnt get in trouble for doing your thread., not that I was a fan of the Japanese version only. Why are you insulting me outright like this? I am a fan of the Ocean dub and I want to see it too.

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:08 am

Cure Dragon 255 wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:05 am

I meant that you wouldnt get in trouble for doing your thread., not that I was a fan of the Japanese version only. Why are you insulting me outright like this? I am a fan of the Ocean dub and I want to see it too.
Because you're putting me down, do you realize me and whoever the editor is would be doing a solid for this beloved community. I mean shit if you want to see it then that's fucking great!! Sure what I've got installed won't be Kai but it's the next best thing, I have it all mapped out!! A manga edit of the Ocean Dubbed anime

Cure Dragon 255
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cure Dragon 255 » Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:10 am

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:08 am
Because you're putting me down, do you realize me and whoever the editor is would be doing a solid for this beloved community. I mean shit if you want to see it then that's fucking great!! Sure what I've got installed won't be Kai but it's the next best thing, I have it all mapped out!! A manga edit of the Ocean Dubbed anime
I am not putting you down i am calmly explaining that this isnt the place for this. You are the one insulting me and getting angry.

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 2:30 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 10:08 am
Nobody put you down lmao. Please stop inflating your own importance and you'll find suddenly everything doesn't sound like an insult anymore; a fan edit you imagined but haven't made (and are trying to get someone else to make for you) doesn't make you Dragon Ball's saviour or whatever you're saying here.

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:12 pm

Go fuck yourself

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:41 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:12 pm Go fuck yourself
I simply don't find your narcissism pleasant

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:54 pm

Don't throw stones at glass houses

MistaL
Beyond Newbie

Post by MistaL » Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:59 pm

Grim_Furīza wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 3:54 pm Don't throw stones at glass houses
The fact you told me to kill myself in another thread for no reason whatsoever yet expect people to collaborate with you and also praise you for things you haven't even done yet (that you intend to offload onto someone else) is honestly insane. No longer engaging but I will be pointing and laughing if you try to keep this going

Grim_Furīza

Post by Grim_Furīza » Mon Sep 04, 2023 4:02 pm

You seriously playing the victim card after you decided to antagonize me. Are you that fucking narcissistic or just trolling. Grow the hell up you're not fooling anyone. Learn to read as well dumbass, you're just some punk in a basement that gets his jollies harassing others because your life is so pointless