"Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: "Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2" Official Discussion Thread

Post by MCDaveG » Thu May 18, 2023 5:16 am

OK, so it's the same as was with Fu etc. Cool. Hopefully will check it on weekend.
It wasn't listed at all in the features, but I was skeptical that they would made the renders just for the sake of trailers,
regarding the low cost approach they have.
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Thu Jun 01, 2023 7:01 pm

Does anyone here know how to get the secret endings of XV 1 & 2's story modes? And is it possible to get the secret ending for 1's story in 2 with the levels in the DLC pack with them? I thought it was a health percentage thing, but I'm not sure.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:55 am

I wonder how to achieve the ending in XV2 myself, for all those years. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was hard or impossible with how broken the game is.

I have bought the last DLC hoping that it is the last one, and reminded myself how much the versus sucks and how retarded the AI is… unfortunately, because otherwise the new characters are fun, but not in this game.

God, please make this game die already and send us BT4, that will be as much simple fun as BT3 was.

Yuji
Advanced Regular

Post by Yuji » Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:15 am

I hope they release a complete or ultimate edition eventually.

Like, which packs do you have to buy to get the full game? And how much money is it in total?

Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Bardock God of Time » Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:55 pm

Yuji wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:15 am I hope they release a complete or ultimate edition eventually.

Like, which packs do you have to buy to get the full game? And how much money is it in total?
Legend Patrol - Xenoverse 1 Story
DLC Pack 2 - Universe 6 Saga
DLC Pack 4 - Goku Black Saga
Extra Pack 2 - Infinite History
Ultra Pack 2 - Extra Mission
Legendary Pack 2 - Extra Missions
Conton City Vote Pack - Extra Missions
Hero of Justice Pack 2 - Extra Missions

A little over 80 dollars when it's not on Sale

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:17 am

MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:55 am I wonder how to achieve the ending in XV2 myself, for all those years. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was hard or impossible with how broken the game is.

I have bought the last DLC hoping that it is the last one, and reminded myself how much the versus sucks and how retarded the AI is… unfortunately, because otherwise the new characters are fun, but not in this game.

God, please make this game die already and send us BT4, that will be as much simple fun as BT3 was.
Old man sit down, take your blood pressure medicine, & shut up :D

I dont see BT4 doing any better than XV2 off the simple fact that the only saving grace of XV2 is customization and it had more stuff to do than just fighting pvp. Tenkaichi is likely adding none of that and its gamplay is repetitive as hell and if they are adding CaC gett ready for Ultimate tenkaichi/ one puch man a hero nobody knows redux :D

Funny how both sides trash each othern when both BT3 & XV are both dogshit kusoge that get wanked to the high heavens

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:09 am

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Sat Jun 03, 2023 8:17 am
MCDaveG wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:55 am I wonder how to achieve the ending in XV2 myself, for all those years. But I wouldn’t be surprised if it was hard or impossible with how broken the game is.

I dont see BT4 doing any better than XV2 off the simple fact that the only saving grace of XV2 is customization and it had more stuff to do than just fighting pvp. Tenkaichi is likely adding none of that and its gamplay is repetitive as hell and if they are adding CaC gett ready for Ultimate tenkaichi/ one puch man a hero nobody knows redux :D

Funny how both sides trash each othern when both BT3 & XV are both dogshit kusoge that get wanked to the high heavens
Judging from this post, and numerous the post you've made in the BT4 thread, you've clearly flame baiting is your halftime. Reported.

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:08 am

They kinda have a point, though. Just because the name is different doesn't mean it will be better, or that it will live up to previous titles in the series. I actually like the combat in XV2, for the most part. I just wish they'd change their priorities for XV3, and maybe BT4 existing will allow them to do that.

ObnoxiousNamek
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by ObnoxiousNamek » Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 am

shadd21 wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 12:09 am

Judging from this post, and numerous the post you've made in the BT4 thread, you've clearly flame baiting is your halftime. Reported.
Get mad all you want this is probably your favorite game with the way youve been so defensive about it but it was never good. I’m not making this shit up.Multiple people have also said over the years Tenkaichi combat is repetitive and stale.& that playing Raditz to buu for the 9000th time isn’t boring. Spikes Chunsoft more recent game history of disasters speak for itself. Burning Blood,Jump force, & the One Punch man game came out in succession from Spike(who in all likelihood is developing this game) and were all trash.BT4 isn’t gonna be different just cause it looks pretty doesn’t mean it’ll be good.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:25 pm

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 am Get mad all you want this is probably your favorite game with the way youve been so defensive
Says the guy trying flaming the threads because he's so butthurt over the thought that most people enjoy the DB arena games and not view FigtersZ as anything equal to a crowned jewel.
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 am and about it but it was never good.

the most of community would disagree
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 am I’m not making this shit up.Multiple people have also said over the years Tenkaichi combat is repetitive and stale.
Has people actually say this about about BT series and not DB games like UT or Battle of Z, or other anime arena fighters like the Naruto Storm series?

Considering there still a high completive scene for BT3 going to this day, i call BS on this claim

ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 am& that playing Raditz to buu for the 9000th time isn’t boring.

This i agree on, Though i wouldn't mind Beerus to Cell Max over an original story
ObnoxiousNamek wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 6:11 amSpikes Chunsoft more recent game history of disasters speak for itself. Burning Blood,Jump force, & the One Punch man game came out in succession from Spike(who in all likelihood is developing this game) and were all trash.BT4 isn’t gonna be different just cause it looks pretty doesn’t mean it’ll be good.
I'll just parrot what i said months ago in the BT4 thread..

"If the gameplay is as good, if not better than BT3's, then their golden, The fact that (going off of the teaser trailer) they are billing this game as spiritual successor to BT3 (something they never even done with the Raging Blast games) is enough to inspire some optimism"
Last edited by shadd21 on Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Jun 05, 2023 1:32 pm

What on Earth is with these attitudes? Are we having elementary school playground wars here?

There's legitimate conversation to be had! Have that!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Mon Jun 05, 2023 4:07 pm

You are not wrong, but BT3 was at least fun back in the time... I also quite enjoyed Raging Blast 2. While the fighting gameplay wasn't stellar, it wasn't broken at least and AI had more algorhytms back then.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:35 pm

Why did this bullshit spawn from me asking if anyone knew how to get the secret endings for these games & not someone actually answering the question?

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:55 pm

Scsigs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:35 pm Why did this bullshit spawn from me asking if anyone knew how to get the secret endings for these games & not someone actually answering the question?
IIRC, it's just a matter of how quickly you beat the boss. And it's not a big difference.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:30 am

ZeroNeonix wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 11:55 pm
Scsigs wrote: Mon Jun 05, 2023 8:35 pm Why did this bullshit spawn from me asking if anyone knew how to get the secret endings for these games & not someone actually answering the question?
IIRC, it's just a matter of how quickly you beat the boss. And it's not a big difference.
I mean, I maxed out my character's level to 99 & didn't get the secret ending for the XV1 level pack for 2, unless it's not in it for some reason, & Goku still showed up. XV2, I'd need to see about. XV1 proper, I'd also need to see.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:14 pm

Scsigs wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 10:30 am I mean, I maxed out my character's level to 99 & didn't get the secret ending for the XV1 level pack for 2, unless it's not in it for some reason, & Goku still showed up. XV2, I'd need to see about. XV1 proper, I'd also need to see.
It's literally just about speed, not your character level. Essentially just use attacks with a higher chance of hitting and be utterly relentless. Though really, the 'secret' ending doesn't really change anything in either game. Though honestly, I wish instead of the Z-Fighters being Force Ghosts and empowering you in that ending for the final attack, it was the players own OC's if they have enough. I would much rather that.

Still want more than 8 CaC slots. It's rather insufferable to be limited to that when you want to make more and the only way around it is cheating the system on PC, which could screw you over if you're not careful, or if some update patch ruins everything. And you have to keep saving and moving files to switch out which CaC's you have.

I'm so tired of all this meaningless cash grab DLC. $10 for the XV1 story is bullshit if you already own the game and have the data transferred. I hate Beast mode for Saiyans/Earthlings cause that hair is utter trash. I hated doing raids and getting Cell MAX outfit parts that're completely irrelevant to the raid in question.

And I know they aren't going to give up on adding more DLC because they hit 10million units sold. Only took'em seven years. And that doesn't mean individual people. I have two copies of XV2. One on PS4 and one one PC. Now what about people to have it on PS4, PS5 and PC? They still count all that as individual units sold, but it doesn't equate to a growing player base. There was also that statement recently about "1million concurrent players monthly". They make it sound like that's how many people play regularly throughout the month, and that's just basic data manipulation.

Some people, like myself, might only login for a few days out of the month, then be busy with other games. But we're still added to that value regardless of how much actual time during that month we spent playing. I figure there is a lot of people who only play a bit after patches or recent DLC drops or specific raids. I'd argue maybe less than a 5th of that number is more accurate to how many people play more than a few weeks out of the month. This simply due to the fact that there are so many other games out there that people who only play a small handful is exceedingly rare.

I won't say the game is dead. I will argue that it's well passed its prime and they should've moved on to a sequel well before now. Even now there isn't even a hint that a XV3 is in development. Not even at a planning stage.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player
PSN ID: ReiKai_Onimusha
Main Character: Zelvin
Race: Frost Demon
"In space, no one can hear you scream. But you still make one ugly face."

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Fri Jun 09, 2023 9:30 am

Zelvin wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:14 pm It's literally just about speed, not your character level. Essentially just use attacks with a higher chance of hitting and be utterly relentless. Though really, the 'secret' ending doesn't really change anything in either game. Though honestly, I wish instead of the Z-Fighters being Force Ghosts and empowering you in that ending for the final attack, it was the players own OC's if they have enough. I would much rather that.
Well, I said that because if you're a higher level, you SHOULD do more damage with your attacks that'll bring down the time you take to complete it.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:53 pm

Ya know, there's a point where you just can't with this game anymore. And I'm fucking exhausted with it. The RNG remains ungodly terrible. Done PQ#62 "Frieza's Nightmare Returns!" over 30 times today and the skill still won't drop. It's utterly absurd that this is still a problem after almost 7yrs. Even just killing up to Kid Buu and hitting Retry over and over again has not yielded any results. It is tedious and it is exhausting. I find that all these skills should just end up in the Skill Shop. Something that quickly became completely and utterly worthless the moment you bought every available skill in it. It never gets updated. Making it a complete waste of space in the hub world.

You would think that after completing these PQ's, if you couldn't earn the skill after a bit, that it would become available in the Skill Shop so you wouldn't have to keep wasting your time and become ever increasingly frustrated just trying to get it.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player

ZeroNeonix
Advanced Regular

Post by ZeroNeonix » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 pm

Zelvin wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:53 pm Ya know, there's a point where you just can't with this game anymore. And I'm fucking exhausted with it. The RNG remains ungodly terrible. Done PQ#62 "Frieza's Nightmare Returns!" over 30 times today and the skill still won't drop. It's utterly absurd that this is still a problem after almost 7yrs. Even just killing up to Kid Buu and hitting Retry over and over again has not yielded any results. It is tedious and it is exhausting. I find that all these skills should just end up in the Skill Shop. Something that quickly became completely and utterly worthless the moment you bought every available skill in it. It never gets updated. Making it a complete waste of space in the hub world.

You would think that after completing these PQ's, if you couldn't earn the skill after a bit, that it would become available in the Skill Shop so you wouldn't have to keep wasting your time and become ever increasingly frustrated just trying to get it.
That's a good idea. Why not have skills in the skill shop unlock after beating the associated quest? Then buying it could be a way of skipping the grind. As long as they don't use it as a way to pressure players into buying in-game currency with real money.

Zelvin
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Zelvin » Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:43 pm

ZeroNeonix wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 8:34 pm That's a good idea. Why not have skills in the skill shop unlock after beating the associated quest? Then buying it could be a way of skipping the grind. As long as they don't use it as a way to pressure players into buying in-game currency with real money.
Indeed. Even that would be a stupid idea since it's pretty easy to get the TP medals and wouldn't require any real money anyway. Should just keep it to zenni anyway. I'm sure most players have tens to hundreds of millions of zenni at this point since, aside from buying health/revival items, there's no use for the in-game currency one you've bought all the outfits and accessories.

This should apply to Outfits, Accessories and Z-souls. Sure, they did introduce a Z-soul that increases the chance of getting Outfit items, but it's still a grindfest when you keep getting the same piece and have to keep redoing the mission to try and complete the outfit.
PS3 Xenoverse Player
PS4 Xenoverse 2 Player