"(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jord
Advanced Regular

Re: "(Super) Dragon Ball Heroes" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jord » Mon May 22, 2023 3:28 pm

Yuji wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 7:17 am
Jord wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:46 am I wonder if they would let Gogeta and Vegetto fuse. It seems like an "way out there" idea but I wouldn't put it past Heroes.
I don't think we saw that fusion even in DB Fusions, but speaking of which it would be cool to see their 5-way Ultimate fusions making their way here, especially with how busted all the characters in Heroes already are.
Oh wow. That's a great idea as well. Good call.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Tue May 23, 2023 10:56 am

We are definetly not going to see a Vegetto-Gogeta fusion before a double Goku one, which is not happening anytime soon anyways if they seriously struggled to imagine a SS4 Trunks. Just look at the Fusion of Ki last arc.

I personally can see Vegetto's new form (if he does indeed get something) battle Demigra while Gogeta defeats Broly, or the two fusions battling together (Fusion of Ki again?) but still not being enough. Remember that next month we will get UGM9, but that would let 3 whole missions still left so Demigra won't be defeated this soon.

As for other predictions, I will be genuinely surprised if Vidro doesn't die and if Bardock doesn't show up to the final confrontation-not sure how he would even help but still-. I can see Gohan dying to give Trunks a Rage-like power up, or surviving but not joining the Time Patrol. However, I would like Piccolo to join them, because otherwise he legitimaly has no reason to exist at all. Since his potential was unlocked by the dark DBs he should have some equivalent to Ultimate as well. Really, the Time Patrol have been incredibly stale for years now despite starting as the main characters, give them something.
English is not my first language. Please excuse my gramatical mistakes.

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Thu May 25, 2023 4:42 am

MisteryOne wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:56 am We are definetly not going to see a Vegetto-Gogeta fusion before a double Goku one, which is not happening anytime soon anyways if they seriously struggled to imagine a SS4 Trunks. Just look at the Fusion of Ki last arc.

I personally can see Vegetto's new form (if he does indeed get something) battle Demigra while Gogeta defeats Broly, or the two fusions battling together (Fusion of Ki again?) but still not being enough. Remember that next month we will get UGM9, but that would let 3 whole missions still left so Demigra won't be defeated this soon.

As for other predictions, I will be genuinely surprised if Vidro doesn't die and if Bardock doesn't show up to the final confrontation-not sure how he would even help but still-. I can see Gohan dying to give Trunks a Rage-like power up, or surviving but not joining the Time Patrol. However, I would like Piccolo to join them, because otherwise he legitimaly has no reason to exist at all. Since his potential was unlocked by the dark DBs he should have some equivalent to Ultimate as well. Really, the Time Patrol have been incredibly stale for years now despite starting as the main characters, give them something.
Yeah I don't think we will see two gohans.

I suspect Bardock and Piccolo could join. We have needed a Piccolo Xeno for ages.

If this is the end of the demons in this story. I wonder what they have left outside Gods and Angels. If they have the super and heroes casts they are too op combined. I wonder if they stop using the super characters after this arc?

I'm interested to see what they do next or if they just end it.
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Fri May 26, 2023 3:41 am

TobyS wrote: Thu May 25, 2023 4:42 am
MisteryOne wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 10:56 am We are definetly not going to see a Vegetto-Gogeta fusion before a double Goku one, which is not happening anytime soon anyways if they seriously struggled to imagine a SS4 Trunks. Just look at the Fusion of Ki last arc.

Yeah I don't think we will see two gohans.

I suspect Bardock and Piccolo could join. We have needed a Piccolo Xeno for ages.

If this is the end of the demons in this story. I wonder what they have left outside Gods and Angels. If they have the super and heroes casts they are too op combined. I wonder if they stop using the super characters after this arc?

I'm interested to see what they do next or if they just end it.
Imho they should either stop using the Super characters or do what they did at first in UM and have their storyline separated from the Xeno ones. They have shown they don't really know what to do with so many characters at once, instead of sharing the spotlight the Time Patrol just gets sidelined. Unless you are Trunks you either just hang around (Pan and Gohan/Goten when they actually are there) or are fusion fodder to try to hype up the villain (Goku and Vegeta).

The worst thing is (and I know I sound like a broken record but still) they are apparently afraid of changing the status quo of the Super characters too much so they get stale. Goku is supposed to be able to go silver UI at will now, and Vegeta has an evil Ki form, but they just ignore their developments. They are very stale, yet they try to hype up things like Goku using UI Sign against Aeos like if that's still something we should be wowed by.

I'm sure Towa and Mira will come back in some way but yeah I really hope the demons are done after this. Or at least the whole Demon Realm thing. Everything in SDBH ended up being related in one way or another to the Dark Kings and I feel like we already got all the interesting options with the three we have seen. They are probably planning something since they mentioned the Space-time angel but I'm not sure how that would work as they would need more than a single villain. Best case scenario we would get a bunch of brand new ones like back in the Universal Conflict arc but I'm not holding my breath, specially with Ozotto anf Cell in the background

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:26 am

Lmao. Just lmao. Never did I thought I would see Vegetto more wasted that in the anime FT arc, but there it is. And apparently the warrior in black is indeed Xeno Bardock, he just never used SS4 before because... :lol:

Demigra's new form is cool tho, I like it more than the previous one, even trough I feel like he transformed again waay too quickly. Like really, his so-called "Full Power" lasted a single mission! We still have 3 to go...

But hey, Future Gohan in Black got (or had?) SS2! Yay...

I may just take a break from DB at this point if even SDBH is disappointing lmao

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:27 am

I think Fu will return but maybe as a good guy. His death was so ambigious, he may as well be alive and hiding somewhere.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jun 10, 2023 12:00 pm

What!? Heroes remembered Super Saiyan 2 exists!? :shock:

And they even went out of their way to make it distinguishable from Super Saiyan this time around. Commendable. Thank you, Dimps. It only took you sixteen years (counting from the release date of Shin Budokai - Another Road) to do that, but here we are. Now you can give Gohan Super Saiyan 3 and even Ultimate (the latter would also come from Shin Budokai) all you want, he already got the best transformation anyway. :)

I saw that Shallot also appears as a Super Saiyan 2 during that transformation sequence from his CAA. Very cool effort. Let's see if they'll ever make him in that form a playable character, though. I know I shouldn't praise Heroes for this, but after the avatars', Bardock's and Gotenks' Super Saiyan 2 trauma... It's hard not to acknowledge their effort when they try.

(Future Gohan got Super Saiyan 2 in Dragon Ball Heroes before Goten. Let that sink in).

By the way, I noticed that UGM8 was released in April, one month after UGM7. Do we know a reason for that? April is not a month Heroes updates.
Goodbye friend. You are weak, so you must be destroyed!

~ War of the Dinobots ~

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jun 10, 2023 5:44 pm

Xeogran wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:27 am I think Fu will return but maybe as a good guy. His death was so ambigious, he may as well be alive and hiding somewhere.
I find it hard to believe the Dark Factor was released if he didn't die. Death doesn't matter in Heroes anyways, specially when it comes to demons. Towa, Demigra, Salsa and Shroom all got revived without explanation. Even Broly's continous reapparences have more excuses than them.

I would be surprised if Towa and Mira don't come back (specially since they were not killed last time) so Fuu will probably just be with them. Maybe as a child.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:25 pm

A kind of neat comparison between Demigra's models by @D1212LV. His latest form is indeed pretty much a Dark King version of his old Makyouka one.
It's kind of interesting that all of his forms have been just UR cards, none of them a SEC unlike Mechikabura's and Fuu's were. It's even weirder when you consider there is more SECs per set than before. Personally I think the new one it fits perfectly as a final form, but seeing how fast they keep powering him up it would be naive to not expect more...

Speaking of the SECs, there is 4 in UGM9. I suppose one of them is the obvious Goku/Bardock/Gohan combined attack and another one could be a Climax Buu, but no idea about the other two.

Also, isn't it weird that they have announced the new mission already? Like sure, we don't even have a name or anything but as far as I know it isn't usual at all for them to announce the new story so soon. We still should have months to go before UGM is done.

Scsigs
I Live Here

Post by Scsigs » Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:05 pm

Man, seeing Demigra in the old Budokai 2/3 engine is WEIRD when I'm so used to him in Xenoverse's.
Only dubs that matter are DB, Kai, & Super. Nothing else.
Vic Mignogna: Good actor & singer, but a MAJOR douchebag & idiot.
https://www.youtube.com/user/Scsigs
https://twitter.com/Scsigs

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Jun 24, 2023 7:40 pm

People talked about this idea just when I was thinking about it these days: Gogetto isn't something so unusual to happen, considering the randomness already presented in Heroes. However, considering it's a fusion of two fusion characters, I don't imagine them doing it anytime soon. It would have to be a villain on the level of Daishinkan or Zeno to make sense to play that card out of nowhere.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Mon Jun 26, 2023 10:16 pm

I kinda feel like Gogetto will only happen once Heroes adds more Dragon Ball Fusions characters to the roster. Like say Tekka and Pinich get added to the main story for some reason, and Gogeta and Xeno Vegetto have to use the Metamo-Ring to help defeat Ultra Pinich. The combined power of Blue Evolution Gogeta and Limit Break Xeno Vegetto could pack quite the punch. Also, they could probably add an Ultra Fusion CAA just because.

It's a bit of a pipe dream, but Heroes already has EX Gohanks, as well as characters from other games (Plan to Eradicate the Saiyan's Hatchiyack, FighterZ's 21, VRVS' Majin Ozotto, Legends' Shallot, the whole Dokkan campaign set).

gokugambitoptimus
Beyond Newbie

Post by gokugambitoptimus » Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:34 pm

Could be curious if Gogetto can use Ultra Instinct and Ultra Ego at the same time, I mean, a white & purple hair while he is transformed

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:40 pm

The manga really is treating Vegetto and Vegeta himself so much better than the other two media, it's almost sad. We aldo got a double Makankosappo from the Piccolos which is nice I guess?

Really hoping the arcade story adds something more even if it's minor. Or are they really to stretch it so it still ends with the family attack? Can't blane them when they somehow have to keep this going for another 3 missions

Oh also the SECs got revealed already but they are nothing crazy. The expected Goku/Bardock/Gohan team up and Climax Buu, then a Vegetto/Gotenks tag and finally for some reason a transforming GT Goku recreating SS4's debut.

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:36 pm

I found a video showing the Beerus and Champa fight from the Dragon Ball Super manga that Heroes adapted it, now with the updated graphics. Just posting in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

I never knew how to trigger these finishing moves in the World Mission game, so I still haven't seen how most of them look after the 2016 update. I also don't know if there are compilation videos, but it would be nice to see them all in high quality.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Rinsankajugin
Regular

Post by Rinsankajugin » Sat Jul 08, 2023 11:27 am

Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:36 pm I found a video showing the Beerus and Champa fight from the Dragon Ball Super manga that Heroes adapted it, now with the updated graphics. Just posting in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

I never knew how to trigger these finishing moves in the World Mission game, so I still haven't seen how most of them look after the 2016 update. I also don't know if there are compilation videos, but it would be nice to see them all in high quality.
Huh, how is that guy taking direct video feed of the arcade game?

On another note, I don't think anyone here has mentioned this yet, but apparently Beelzebub has been added to the game.

MisteryOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by MisteryOne » Sat Jul 08, 2023 3:08 pm

Apparently, this is what went down in the UGM9 story
https://twitter.com/PILIST_Thshs367/s ... suQ&s=19 I'm more and more confused as to why the Namekian in Black exists as time goes on... Apart from that, nice that Vegeta isn't instantly knocked out here. Not sure what to make of Vegetto, they are trying hard to make him look cool but it just doesn't work with such a short fight lmao
Grimlock wrote: Fri Jul 07, 2023 6:36 pm I found a video showing the Beerus and Champa fight from the Dragon Ball Super manga that Heroes adapted it, now with the updated graphics. Just posting in case someone hasn't seen it yet.

There are channels who cover each new card's attacks and others do small compilations of the same character in different forms and such but I have no idea if anyone covers team combos and similar.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 29, 2023 2:44 am

Next Mission has just been announced!
SDBH: Meteor Mission

And the Main Boss of this one is ... *drumroll*

Trailer: https://twitter.com/JaredHendrix6/statu ... 8869012481

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Sat Jul 29, 2023 3:57 am

Ah, so much better when these missions don't overstay their welcome. We should go back to the old 8-10 missions pattern as it was back in the day.

Finally there will be something to look forward to during the anniversary livestream event this year. I feel like these last three years were very disappointing. As I don't count "Super Full Power Saiyan 4 Limit Breaker", the last "big deal" to me was Goku Black getting Super Saiyan Rosé 2 and 3, and that happened mid 2021.

I figured since Ozotto was barely involved in the Prison Planet saga, he'd be involved in a more meaningful capacity later on. I guess this is it, then. Dimps are still yet to add his giant form too. And speaking of him, Dragon Ball Heroes could have its own "Secret Invasion" too, as Ozotto is a shapeshifter himself and can create clones, if I remember correctly. That would be very cool if they actually do something like that. :shock: (Dragon Ball Super Goku has been Ozotto since the beginning of Prison Planet saga, think about that!).

Also, Shallot got Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, so maybe it's time for Trunks to achieve that as well, isn't? Come on, Dimps, do it. We know it's inevitable.

~ War of the Dinobots ~

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Sat Jul 29, 2023 7:34 am

I'll just say that Dimps bringing back an old villain with unresolved plotline is such a cool move.
Glad he wasn't sidelined into being some new villain's lackey.