Anyone shed more light on this-> Goku vs Superman

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:55 am

SaiyaMel wrote:A kind of off topic question - can Supes live without any food and water, like an Namek?
According to an earlier episode of "Lois and Clark" (which I'm not sure how canon his powers are there compared to the current comics) they only reason Superman ate was because he enjoyed doing so. He didn't really have to eat, though.
(they/she)

My Martial Arts Website -- https://mybudo.carrd.co

Onikage725
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Onikage725 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 1:17 pm

Yeah, it seems that he is mostly sustained by the sun's rays. He's a walking solar battery, and should only need to eat if he were to be stuck in a red sun environment (or deprived of yellow sun energy for an extended period of time).
To show my appreciation, I'll only beat them half to death.

shenron002
Beyond Newbie

Post by shenron002 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 4:05 pm

This thread reminds me of the scene in the Rob Reiner film "Stand By Me" where the two boys are saying:

Vern: Do you think mighty Mouse could beat up Superman?

Teddy: What are you, cracked?

Vern: Why not? I saw the other day, he was carrying five elephants in one hand!

Teddy: Boy, you don't know nothing! Mighty Mouse is a cartoon. Superman's a real guy. There's no way a cartoon could beat up a real guy.

Vern: Yeah, maybe you're right. It'd be a good fight, though.
"WE GOTTA POWER"

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:14 pm

I've never understood that 'Superman's a real guy' thing...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:10 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I've never understood that 'Superman's a real guy' thing...
Neither do I.

Well, here's what I think about the Goku vs. Superman thing, I'm just gonna copy my comment from a YouTube video, discussing this.

Why do people care who's stronger? If Superman and Goku were to meet each other. They would be friends, they both hate evil, they're both aliens from distant (destroyed planets), so pretty much these Superman vs. Goku arguments are pointless.

Although I really haven't read or watched much Superman, I can tell he's the American parallel to Goku. So, yeah... Just stop, no one cares anymore about this pointless argument.

Mewzard
I Live Here

Post by Mewzard » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:11 pm

We all know Superman's still not at the level he was Pre Crisis, but he has gotten stronger in the many years since an gas tank could KO him in the 86 reboot. Flying in space, high strength, super speed, all that good stuff. Heck, in one of the last issues of Trinity (new weekly comic), he was hitting his foe with punches strong enough to level small planets (the guy still wouldn't go down). I don't think that was quite going all out though, or Prime, who was pushing planets at the speed of light to shift the center of the universe away from OA, would have turned Superman into a small bit of paste in one hit.

Weaker, but not extremely weak. Still, I think a Superman vs Goku comic could be fun. Most likely, it'd be a light hearted spar. *maybe after a brief run with the Justice League of America* I heard the editor of the US SJ at one point tried to get their Japan side to do a comic with DC, but they refused, saying he should only be drawn by Toriyama (and, lets face it, Suppaman was Toriyama showing he can't get that style of hero down right, so a parody instead). Still, if the chance ever arises, a little cross over might be fun.
RIDER KIIIIIIICK!

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:34 pm

JulieYBM wrote:I've never understood that 'Superman's a real guy' thing...
It may be a joke. Supermans not a real guy, and that's why its funny.
(I've never seen the movie so I wouldn't know)
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:03 pm

I know DC has approved Superman vs Predator and Superman vs Aliens crossovers, so there is a chance they would agree to a DBZ crossover, a very small chance.

Has an an American comic book character and a manga character ever had a crossover special? Which format would they print it in? Tankoubon or comic book style?

Super Sonic
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Super Sonic » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:39 pm

Will say that Clark could beat Goku if they had to do a crosswaord puzzle at the same time.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:46 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:I know DC has approved Superman vs Predator and Superman vs Aliens crossovers, so there is a chance they would agree to a DBZ crossover, a very small chance.

Has an an American comic book character and a manga character ever had a crossover special? Which format would they print it in? Tankoubon or comic book style?
That depends.
If its made in America, it will be left to right in both countries.

If its made in Japan, it will be right to left.
Thats just my guess.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:08 pm

Mewzard wrote:We all know Superman's still not at the level he was Pre Crisis, but he has gotten stronger in the many years since an gas tank could KO him in the 86 reboot. Flying in space, high strength, super speed, all that good stuff. Heck, in one of the last issues of Trinity (new weekly comic), he was hitting his foe with punches strong enough to level small planets (the guy still wouldn't go down). I don't think that was quite going all out though, or Prime, who was pushing planets at the speed of light to shift the center of the universe away from OA, would have turned Superman into a small bit of paste in one hit.

Weaker, but not extremely weak. Still, I think a Superman vs Goku comic could be fun. Most likely, it'd be a light hearted spar. *maybe after a brief run with the Justice League of America* I heard the editor of the US SJ at one point tried to get their Japan side to do a comic with DC, but they refused, saying he should only be drawn by Toriyama (and, lets face it, Suppaman was Toriyama showing he can't get that style of hero down right, so a parody instead). Still, if the chance ever arises, a little cross over might be fun.
It just means that, like Goku, Superman can get stronger through experience and training.
(they/she)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:17 pm

Or rather his body absorbs more yellow sunlight...
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:26 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Or rather his body absorbs more yellow sunlight...
Hey, a free never ending supply of steroids for Superman.
Okay, I went a bit off topic there.

LeprikanGT
I Live Here

Post by LeprikanGT » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:45 pm

Having read nothing but the title and looking at the picture...

...Id have to say Goku would beat super man hands down. the only way superman could win was in space.

Reasoning=

superman-faster than a speeding bullet and struggles to lift a car

goku- faster than the speed of light and can lift land masses and boulders with ease

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:47 pm

JulieYBM wrote:Or rather his body absorbs more yellow sunlight...
Sure. Take the fun out of it.

"Superman! Last time we fought I was able to turn you into a crater! How have you gotten so much stronger in such a short period of time?!"

"I got a tan!"

"*gasp!*"
(they/she)

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:48 pm

LeprikanGT wrote:superman-faster than a speeding bullet and struggles to lift a car
I'm not very familiar with Superman, but I've seen the movies and read a few comic books and from what I've seen he's never had trouble lifting anything as light as a car, except when he is in the vicinity of kryptonite.

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:52 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:
LeprikanGT wrote:superman-faster than a speeding bullet and struggles to lift a car
I'm not very familiar with Superman, but I've seen the movies and read a few comic books and from what I've seen he's never had trouble lifting anything as light as a car, except when he is in the vicinity of kryptonite.
Pre-Crisis Supes literally juggled planets. Even Bryne's Superman could throw trucks around without problem.

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:37 pm

Pre Crisis Superman needs his own religion to be honest.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

caejones
I Live Here

Post by caejones » Sun Jul 06, 2008 6:35 am

Which Supes was killed by Doomsday? :oops:
I know of someone who, whenever this topic comes up, points to Doomsday as why Superman is no match for the likes of Freeza.

... and SSJ4Gogeta? That makes so much sense! :D :lol: Ur... yeah.
Dr Gero, in Budokai 2 wrote:Go, my Saiba Rangers!
Akira Toriyama, in Son Goku Densetsu wrote:You really can’t go by rumors (laughs).

Kendamu
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kendamu » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:27 am

caejones wrote:Which Supes was killed by Doomsday? :oops:
Post-Crisis Superman.
(they/she)