Dragonball Movie Update! What is UP with this?

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:45 pm

I have no clue.

The more I look at these pictures the less I'm thinking they are all from Goku's house, but they all seem very similar and I can't think of any other building that looks even remotely like what we're seeing. :?

Bura
Advanced Regular

Post by Bura » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:01 pm

@ SSj_Rambo: Could you please upload these photos on your OWN server? You're draining my bandwidth.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sat Jul 05, 2008 8:05 pm

Bura wrote:@ SSj_Rambo: Could you please upload these photos on your OWN server? You're draining my bandwidth.
Oh I'm sorry, I didn't think of that. :oops: I'll get on it right away!

Edit: I moved them, sorry about that.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:19 pm

The last one looks like it might be Yamcha.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

LSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by LSSJ4 » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:25 pm

According to that website that has the movie pictures, the teaser trailer might show up this month. I'm sorta anticipating it, but at the same time, I fear it.I was telling a friend of mine that jokingly, he'll know when the trailer comes out, cuz he's gonna hear me down the street from him.

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:38 pm

LSSJ4 wrote:According to that website that has the movie pictures, the teaser trailer might show up this month. I'm sorta anticipating it, but at the same time, I fear it.I was telling a friend of mine that jokingly, he'll know when the trailer comes out, cuz he's gonna hear me down the street from him.
I really hope it does come this month because maybe we will finally get to see how ridiculous James Marsters (is that his name?) looks as Piccolo. :lol:

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:14 pm

Just a reminder, guys, it's Grandpa Gohan's house, too.

EDIT: In addition, where are you guys getting the impression that it's some high-class place? It's extremely rustic, I mean, they've got a hanging cooking pot for crying out lot. Sure, there's a robot, but they're everywhere in DragonBall. It's probably a slightly older model, too.
Last edited by Kaboom on Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:29 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Just a reminder, guys, it's Grandpa Gohan's house, too.
HOW DARE YOU BRING FACTS INTO THIS HOLY SHRINE TO BITCHERY

But seriously, folks...

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sat Jul 05, 2008 10:33 pm

Yes we all know about Grandpa Gohan's love of paperwork, ceramic ostriches and fancy art.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Velasa
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Velasa » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:11 am

On matter of the bird statue- it actually looks more like a crane to me, which has a good deal more context to Asian cultures and meaning than either a swan or an ostrich.

The house looks very old and cluttered. Yes, it's more than one room. But the place ended up being built on anyway, and Grandpa Gohan likley would have had a slightly better (if old and a little run down) place with a growing boy living there. So that doesn't bother me. The settings in general seem alright (some landscape shots had really lovely random rocks the style Toriyama loves). It's the characters I'm still worried about.

And on Bulma- first time I looked at a picture of the actress I figured she'd be fine. Yes, no blue hair. But Bulma's had three different hair colors already, so brown's not all that far off. Bulma'll be fine. Son and Yamcha are who I'm worried about- mostly Son.
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Rocketman
Namekian Warrior

Post by Rocketman » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:18 am

NeptuneKai wrote:Yes we all know about Grandpa Gohan's love of paperwork, ceramic ostriches and fancy art.
Actually, we don't know anything about Grandpa Gohan's house or what he had in it, because Goku destroyed it before the series began.

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:22 am

Velasa wrote:On matter of the bird statue- it actually looks more like a crane to me,
Which is kind of ironic a turtle student would have his rival schools mascot in his house...not that it matters I'm sure it's just some stupid background figure for decoration...I just found it funny looking.
Rocketman wrote:
Actually, we don't know anything about Grandpa Gohan's house or what he had in it, because Goku destroyed it before the series began.
Although we can infer that a man who lives in the middle of nowhere doesn't have a ton of paperwork to fill out, nor does he collect art...does Gohan really seem like that type of person to you? The man who lets a small kid sleep on his balls isn't interested in fancy artwork. He died and his number one concern was getting back up in heaven to flirt with all the dead ladies, he obviously wasn't the pinnacle of fine wine tasting citizens. Then again Goku's wearing Bill Cosby sweaters so you're right when it comes to this movie just throw everything you know about the characters out the window.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:42 am

Well it does seem like the Crane School will be mentioned in the movie:

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:03 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:Well it does seem like the Crane School will be mentioned in the movie:
Well if the Crane school is in this movie then Tienshinhan and them will be in it. :D

But they didn't cast an actor for him yet. :?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:12 am

I'm afraid to see how badly they portray Chaozu. I doubt they'll make him resemble his manga image very well, if they include him at all. :?

Velasa

Post by Velasa » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:37 am

Curious. I haven't seen that picture on either of the main blogs. And I can't see it on the link posted on the page either. Whered you dig it out?
[quote="Rocketman"]Rocketman is to ChiChi as Velasa is to _______.

A. ChiChi
B. Piccolo
C. Goku
D. Bulma[/quote]

Snail

Post by Snail » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:41 am

Genki-Dama wrote:Image

Who exactly is that person. Sorry, I haven't really been keeping up with casting.
I'm guessing that's Chow Yun Fat's stunt double. They're wearing the same clothes, with the exception of Chow Yun Fat having a jacket over the attire.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:55 am

Velasa wrote:Curious. I haven't seen that picture on either of the main blogs. And I can't see it on the link posted on the page either. Whered you dig it out?
I have found all of these pictures here, they seem to be from some of the many movie blogs: http://bulmanl2.bu.funpic.de/?img=Live+Action/

Genki-Dama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Genki-Dama » Sun Jul 06, 2008 2:56 am

This is a picture of the fight between Mai and Chi Chi in the tournament.

Is this a joke? It looks like a friggin WWE match or something. :evil:

LSSJ4
Beyond Newbie

Post by LSSJ4 » Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:09 am

Hmm' only like half of the seats look filled. Could it be that they might add human-like animals that show up in the series? It could just be a camera trick to make it look like there are more people in the stadium though.