"Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Discussion of all things related to Dragon Ball video games (console and portable games, arcade versions, etc.) from the entire franchise's history.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:57 pm

So, who are we thinking will fill up the eight character slots for the storymode, assuming they're not gonna use characters who'd have a laughably short campaign? We already know Goku, and I'd say Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin are practically garunteed. So that leaves three slots left.

I think Future Trunks has a good chunk of content to use with the Cell saga, his special, the Black saga and, if they include Kid Trunks with him, the Buu saga.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by omegalucas » Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:07 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:57 pm So, who are we thinking will fill up the eight character slots for the storymode, assuming they're not gonna use characters who'd have a laughably short campaign? We already know Goku, and I'd say Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin are practically garunteed. So that leaves three slots left.

I think Future Trunks has a good chunk of content to use with the Cell saga, his special, the Black saga and, if they include Kid Trunks with him, the Buu saga.
I can only think of Freeza. Which would leave one character left.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Yuji
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1139
Joined: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:20 pm

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Yuji » Mon Jun 17, 2024 7:22 pm

omegalucas wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 6:07 pm
Kanassa wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:57 pm So, who are we thinking will fill up the eight character slots for the storymode, assuming they're not gonna use characters who'd have a laughably short campaign? We already know Goku, and I'd say Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin are practically garunteed. So that leaves three slots left.

I think Future Trunks has a good chunk of content to use with the Cell saga, his special, the Black saga and, if they include Kid Trunks with him, the Buu saga.
I can only think of Freeza. Which would leave one character left.
If they're doing OG DB content as well, then either kid Goku or Roshi. Or Mr. Satan for the meme.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15267
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Jun 17, 2024 8:48 pm

Kanassa wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 5:57 pm So, who are we thinking will fill up the eight character slots for the storymode, assuming they're not gonna use characters who'd have a laughably short campaign? We already know Goku, and I'd say Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan and Krillin are practically garunteed. So that leaves three slots left.

I think Future Trunks has a good chunk of content to use with the Cell saga, his special, the Black saga and, if they include Kid Trunks with him, the Buu saga.
The other three could be use for the other human characters.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:10 am

Sean Schemmel accidentally slipped up on a recent panel, soft-confirming SS4 Goku.

On a side note, Ranked Online is going to work like DP Battles from Tenkaichi 3, where stronger characters cost more points and weaker characters cost less points. So team building actually matters.

Lukmendes
Regular
Posts: 541
Joined: Mon Oct 01, 2018 6:11 pm

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Lukmendes » Tue Jun 18, 2024 1:10 pm

This could also possibly be Golden Oozaru Baby:

Image

And if it is him we're getting GT characters on the base roster.
On a side note, Ranked Online is going to work like DP Battles from Tenkaichi 3, where stronger characters cost more points and weaker characters cost less points. So team building actually matters.
That's a bit silly, developers tend to not know how strong some characters actually are in fighting games, so we could always get character A with a lower ratio than character B, even though character A is far stronger, and BT3 itself had examples of this (Like 17 having a ratio of just 5, despite being one of the strongest characters in the entire game).

At the very least this will hold back stronger transformations, but if we get cases where the base form is the stronger one, then yeah lol.
jjgp1112 wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:08 am My man, all Goku had to do was go SSJ3 and shock Vegeta so much the M on his head would have turned into an L and Buu would have never happened.

User avatar
Koitsukai
I Live Here
Posts: 4382
Joined: Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:02 pm

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:11 pm

We are getting SS4 Goku, if the VA dubbed that form already, then I doubt it'll be for a DLC, which would be released some time after the game is out. I have no clue how or when the DLCs are created, or how the paychecks work for the VAs, though.

I bet several GT characters will be on the base game, Baby of course, and his giant form, I do wonder if we'll get Rilldo and co. or if he'll be part of a DLC, if at all. But the main hitters are definitely appearing in the october's release.

User avatar
Gt91
Regular
Posts: 692
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:20 pm

Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:33 pm "Limits?! I Break Them!" has been confirmed to be how you active Super Saiyan Blue Evolution:
Image
I read that the same goes for Rage Trunks and Buffed final form Frieza.
I honestly don't mind. So we have more free slots for other characters.

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I Live Here
Posts: 2714
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:02 pm

Gt91 wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 2:20 pm
Rinsankajugin wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2024 11:33 pm "Limits?! I Break Them!" has been confirmed to be how you active Super Saiyan Blue Evolution:
Image
I read that the same goes for Rage Trunks and Buffed final form Frieza.
I honestly don't mind. So we have more free slots for other characters.

Those forms being buffs doesn't free up slots for more characters unless you mean those forums are not apart of the 164 characters we are likely getting.

User avatar
Cold Skin
I Live Here
Posts: 2573
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:09 pm
Location: France

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Cold Skin » Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:18 pm

- The scene at Kame House could serve as a good comparison with Kakarot: this could be the best you've ever seen the Kame House scene (with Raditz kidnapping Gohan) in any game so far and the best graphics ever for some specific scenes like this one.

- For selectable characters in Story Episodes, I think there will undoubtedly be evil characters like at least Freeza, so that you can see what-if with them making better decisions for example, or making decisions that lead to funny/ridiculous consequences (just like Cell accidentally absorbing Krilin back in the Budokai days).

- GT could be included in the base game, but I wouldn't think so. It wouldn't surprise me if the voice actors had already recorded voices for characters that will be DLC, because that way the devs already have the voices in their data but don't need to work on the 3D model, animations and actual gameplay until the base game has been released.

- I hope the DLC come with story episodes. This handy format allows them to only focus on specific scenes and their one what-if scenario without having to actually cover the full story of the arcs/series. So a handful of story episodes for one or two specific characters could come with DLC packs about specific arcs/series.

- Early Goku not having his blue shirt against Raditz is yet another confirmation of various costumes (as already seen with Videl and possibly Kame Sennin). This also opens the door for the biggest variety of costumes in a game - including as paid DLC - if the devs are willing to bank on this aspect.

- Not every character you see in potential leaked screens are playable characters. The official presentation has shown that there are NPCs like Bulma when Gohan gets kidnapped by Raditz. So just because you see Chichi doesn't make her a playable character if the screenshot doesn't show her in the middle of a fight, she could be there in cutscenes only.

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1356
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jun 18, 2024 7:03 pm

Cold Skin wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2024 3:18 pm - Not every character you see in potential leaked screens are playable characters. The official presentation has shown that there are NPCs like Bulma when Gohan gets kidnapped by Raditz. So just because you see Chichi doesn't make her a playable character if the screenshot doesn't show her in the middle of a fight, she could be there in cutscenes only.
Same could happen with some more obscure fighter characters like Yamu and Spopovich, they might be appearing just in cutscenes.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:58 am

I dunno how, but it seems that one of the leaked characters from earlier might've been shown off to this Italian gaming site.
The article also mentions that there'll be a point system where you can spend said points on custom attacks and appearances. Unlocking new costumes makes sense, but the confirmation of custom movesets is quite big...

On a side note, Shaka and Kazunoko are going to be hosting an hour long presentation of Sparking Zero on the 23rd. They're going to be playing the story mode, online PvP, and Shaka is going to make a custom battle for Kazunoko to play.

User avatar
Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Thu Jun 20, 2024 11:18 am

Rinsankajugin wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 10:58 am I dunno how, but it seems that one of the leaked characters from earlier might've been shown off to this Italian gaming site.
The article also mentions that there'll be a point system where you can spend said points on custom attacks and appearances. Unlocking new costumes makes sense, but the confirmation of custom movesets is quite big...

On a side note, Shaka and Kazunoko are going to be hosting an hour long presentation of Sparking Zero on the 23rd. They're going to be playing the story mode, online PvP, and Shaka is going to make a custom battle for Kazunoko to play.
I would be down for them to be playable

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter
Posts: 15267
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:46 pm

What ifs do you guys plan on making? I do have a idea for what if Super Buu won in DBZ and Imperfect Cell trying too far back in time (he shows up in the Saiyan saga).
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6244
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jun 20, 2024 4:00 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote: Thu Jun 20, 2024 3:46 pm What ifs do you guys plan on making? I do have a idea for what if Super Buu won in DBZ and Imperfect Cell trying too far back in time (he shows up in the Saiyan saga).
What if Gero managed to keep 17 and 18 under control adn took over the world.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Rinsankajugin
Regular
Posts: 651
Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:50 pm
Location: San Antonio, TX

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Rinsankajugin » Fri Jun 21, 2024 7:23 am

Welp, the Italian gaming website removed the line about Chi-Chi. Either they jumped the gun via assumption, or accidentally revealed something that wasn't supposed to be revealed yet. Still interesting how they were able to describe one of her attacks though, as if they actually saw gameplay of her.

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:07 pm

So in a few hours we are getting more stuff?

User avatar
Bardock God of Time
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 380
Joined: Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:09 am

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Bardock God of Time » Sat Jun 22, 2024 5:03 pm

Nickolaidas wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2024 2:07 pm So in a few hours we are getting more stuff?
I think it's at 6 AM Central time tomorrow

Nickolaidas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1154
Joined: Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:56 pm

Re: "Sparking! ZERO" Official Announcement & Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Post by Nickolaidas » Sun Jun 23, 2024 6:22 am

I'm finally watching the Super Hero movie and holy f&*k, I NEED that Red Ribbon soldier skin for Piccolo.


Post Reply