Fanmanga - DB Multiverse

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue May 20, 2008 12:21 pm

This is some really great stuff, man. Your art reminds me of George Perez.

Also, I'd be eternally in your debt if you had Future Trunks and regular Trunks interacting like brothers. I love that idea. :)

Great concept here, sort of like the Budokai Tenkaichi/Sparking! games where all the heroes and villains across the decades are just hanging out, entering tournaments together.
Trunks & Goten forever

desirecampbell

Post by desirecampbell » Tue May 20, 2008 12:28 pm

I like how the only complaint I've seen about in-universe logic, is that Broli is holding his own against Vegetto. Noone's brought up 'Vegetto is a separate entity from Goku and Vegeta'. :lol:

Vegeta Jr
Regular

Post by Vegeta Jr » Tue May 20, 2008 12:52 pm

That is more easily explained though, could be a Goku and Vegeta from another time. Although the Broly one isn't too farfetched, he does indeed get stronger at a much faster rate than any normal Saiyan, too bad he is a baddy and destined to lose.

Steven Perry
Advanced Regular

Post by Steven Perry » Tue May 20, 2008 2:43 pm

Holy cow, very nice. :shock:

Although, the artwork does look a bit childish in places (like when Broly's and Vegetto's fists are about to collide), and the ki balls look a bit plain and uninteresting. For example, Broly's is just round and green, with a lighter shade green inside. It needs to have this sort of... I don't know... 'jelly-like' feel to it, if you know what I mean. Do you know what I mean? :P

The shading and colouring is VERY nice, by the way.
XBL: CallyMan90 | YouTube | DeviantART

~ LAST SURVIVING MEMBER OF ROOM 29 ~

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Wed May 21, 2008 3:08 pm

SSj Kaboom wrote:Not intended as trolling
Too late man :)
SSj Kaboom wrote:The whole idea of Broly ending up Super Strong and able to tango with Fusions or SSj3s is just stoopid.
He lost to Goku. Twice. Then he lost to water. :?
Troll mode on, fanboy mode on, honesty mode OFF :
Film7: he was young as Legendary, a week later, he would have been invincible !
Film10: poor guy just awake from years sleeping in ice! That's normal he was ass-kicked by little children ! Cut him some slack !
Film11: Clone! Clone! And Krilin was here: he didn't stand a chance!!!! Krillin is... like an expert on killing clones. Because.... Krillin is a clone!!!! Source: eps #241 of DBZ, only said in the japanese version (who will check that???)
SSj Kaboom wrote: it's a bad idea to give the crazy prepubescent Broly fanboys more material.
You've got a very good point. too late. You'd have told me that months ago, I would surely have changed my mind.
Some broly fanboy: BROLLLY IS BETTER THAN VEGETO!!!!!WII C VAT IN DBM!!! lol
Salagir: Omg what have I done? *commits sepuku*
SSj Kaboom wrote: Vegetto vs Gogeta would have been a much better fight instead.
Really too much gokus and vegetas on screen at the same time ;)
testing223 wrote:Amazing work, Salagir2. Great art.
Thanks. BTW if an admin is nice enough to fuse the account salagir (I forgot the password and mail I used for it... years ago) with this one or simply reset its password or mail, it would be great :)
testing223 wrote:Sounds like you need someone to help you with the English grammar. I'll gladly help you out, if you want?
I'd love it. You can mail me at (mylogin)@(mylogin).com (without the "2"s).
I'm not used to receive english mails and it sometimes goes to spam. Put "DBM" in the subject, it won't be seen as spam.
Captain Awesome wrote:I don't think I'll like the story.
Mostly because I hate Broly.
Don't worry, he is not the main character at all
Thanos6 wrote:Also, I'd be eternally in your debt if you had Future Trunks and regular Trunks interacting like brothers. I love that idea. :)
They will both be here, but what do you mean by interacting like brothers ?
It seems to me that these 2 guys are far too different to even hang along. One is fun-spirited and spoiled, the other is taciturn and had the worst life.
Steven Perry wrote:For example, Broly's is just round and green, with a lighter shade green inside. It needs to have this sort of... I don't know... 'jelly-like' feel to it, if you know what I mean. Do you know what I mean? :P
I think I know ;)
Even based on the Films, this fireballl could have been far better. Will try to improve :)
Stupid things on DBZ - Dragon Ball Multiverse Webcomic
-what happened in dbz today?
-they fought some guy

Metalwario64
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Metalwario64 » Wed May 21, 2008 4:24 pm

Salagir2 wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:Also, I'd be eternally in your debt if you had Future Trunks and regular Trunks interacting like brothers. I love that idea. :)
They will both be here, but what do you mean by interacting like brothers ?
It seems to me that these 2 guys are far too different to even hang along. One is fun-spirited and spoiled, the other is taciturn and had the worst life.
Wasn't Tapion the same way though?
"Kenshi is sitting down right now drawing his mutated spaghetti monsters thinking he's the shit..."--Neptune Kai
"90% of you here don't even know what you're talking about (there are a few that do). But the things you say about these releases are nonsense and just plain dumb. Like you Metalwario64"--final_flash

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Thu May 22, 2008 12:19 am

Yeah, kinda like that. If Trunks can make Tapion smile and be happy, I'm sure he can do the same with his other self.
Trunks & Goten forever

Shenron
Beyond Newbie

Post by Shenron » Thu May 22, 2008 2:02 pm

This is simply amazing. I can't wait for the next pages.
[url=http://profile.mygamercard.net/Blue+Shenron][img]http://card.mygamercard.net/gbar/Blue+Shenron.gif[/img][/url]
[url=http://vanesshenron.deviantart.com/]Deviantart[/url]

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Sun May 25, 2008 12:28 pm

Due to a lot of movitation from Gogeta Jr, we're able to show you more pages each week after all !
This begin today, with the 12th page being available in 1 hour and a half.

Do you know any other good DBZ sites where I could do some publicity ? I only know french sites...
Metalwario64 wrote:Wasn't Tapion the same way though?
Thanos6 wrote:Yeah, kinda like that. If Trunks can make Tapion smile and be happy, I'm sure he can do the same with his other self.
Very well said. I think I may do something about it.
-they fought some guy

Salagir2

Post by Salagir2 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:22 am

I guys ! Just wanted to tell you that 31 pages are now online.

There is an italian translation and very soon a spanish one will come.

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/
-they fought some guy

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:35 am

The art is very nice.

Good job.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:01 am

Man, LOVE the art. Fantastic.

So far the idea seems similar to a fanfic concept I've had and never gotten to write. Huge fucking tournment featuring large amounts of characters from DB/Z pulled through time and alternate universes to duke it out. XD

Main difference being my idea is a cosmic event that occurs every few million years to determine the fate of the multi-verse.
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Smindas

Post by Smindas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:27 am

As everyone else has said, the art work is fantastic. I'm not really one for fan manga usually, but I'm quite enjoying the story so far and you've managed to keep my attention, so well done on that front too! It's quite an interesting concept.

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:03 pm

I'm still waiting for one of the translators here to offer to help make a Japanese version, the Japanese fans need to see this.
Last edited by The Time Traveller on Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:36 pm

I still feel the same way about this as the first time I saw it.

The art is great, it's far above average, it dips in a few places, but the coloured pages are gorgeous.

But the story to me just reeks of a bad fanfic, I really can't put it any other way, it doesn't feel like a story to me, it just feels more like an excuse to get characters that otherwise couldn't interact to fight with each other.

Anyway, that said I will keep up to date, because honestly it's refreshing to see fan works of this high a standard cropping up.

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:37 pm

Woah. I'm sure the idea of crossing universes isn't exactly new, but it's still interesting to me. Seeing just a couple of those alternate universes was as Piccolo says, "So twisted..."

I especially like how Goten and Trunks' personalities are actually kept. The idea of them goofing off and checking out the guys from the other universe seems like something I'd expect them to do. I like how Goten knew he was related to Bardock because of his face (because the hair doesn't give it away at all :roll: ). Same goes for Goku not wanting to see Bardock for the simple reason of because "he's just not [his] father to me."

So far, Uub and Pan look much better than their GT selves, too. Digging how their gis match Goku's. Goku hinting at how Uub can finally show his true power is also very much welcome.

I kinda would've liked it if the GT design for Bra was kept though (her hair in the web comic is too out there for me), shortening her height and having her dress more like her age, so she at least looks around the same age as Pan. I get that not all people the same age look the same age, but the whole thing with Bra and Pan in GT was just... meh.

The whole idea of this tournament seems cool enough. Even though it seems like a "just for fun" thing, stuff could go horribly wrong if one of the baddies were to win and get their wish(es). I wonder if that means the Kaioshin are putting up some rules to prevent stuff like that from happening.
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

mAcChaos
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by mAcChaos » Tue Jul 29, 2008 1:54 pm

You should make Perfect Cell VS Buu or something. Now to check out this manga...

EDIT: How can Vegito be there if Goku and Vegeta are right in front of him. : P They're Vegito! That bugs me. Fanservice I have no problem with; that's the point of this stuff, but it has to make sense. LET US CONTINUE READING. I'll list my impressions as I go.

The art is great. If you keep that up I'd read just to see all the pretty pictures.

I don't think Freeza would be so "wow'd" by the displays of power. He seems more like the type to get jealous and bitter instead. "I hope they lose," etc. Also, Fat Buu is funny.

Why would they use all that technology just to have a tournament? They're probably up to something. Also, the lack of risk actually makes it less interesting to me because then there's not as much at stake. If you know you can just come back you probably won't be as desperate if you're losing, etc.

I'd imagine people like Babidi and Freeza would just try and kill everyone and just force the wish out instead of playing by rules. But then again I suppose they have no choice if there are lots of other stronger people around. But they aren't the kind to acknowledge those kinds of facts.

It's all very interesting so far and the character interactions are what I like.
[i]"I have yet to show you, young warrior, what I'm truly capable of."[/i] - Cell

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:34 pm

This is pretty interesting so far. As has been said before, good job keeping Trunks and Goten in character (finishing each other's sentences, wanting to be Gotenks, going away to goof off). Everyone else seems pretty well-written also, and by and large I like the art.
Trunks & Goten forever

Smindas

Post by Smindas » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:35 pm

The Vegetto thing irked me at first, but reading on, you can safely assume it's not the Vegetto we're thinking of.

Kunzait_83
I Live Here

Post by Kunzait_83 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:54 pm

b
Last edited by Kunzait_83 on Mon May 02, 2011 2:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://80s90sdragonballart.tumblr.com/

Kunzait's Wuxia Thread
Journey to the West, chapter 26 wrote:The strong man will meet someone stronger still:
Come to naught at last he surely will!
Zephyr wrote:And that's to say nothing of how pretty much impossible it is to capture what made the original run of the series so great. I'm in the generation of fans that started with Toonami, so I totally empathize with the feeling of having "missed the party", experiencing disappointment, and wanting to experience it myself. But I can't, that's how life is. Time is a bitch. The party is over. Kageyama, Kikuchi, and Maeda are off the sauce now; Yanami almost OD'd; Yamamoto got arrested; Toriyama's not going to light trash cans on fire and hang from the chandelier anymore. We can't get the band back together, and even if we could, everyone's either old, in poor health, or calmed way the fuck down. Best we're going to get, and are getting, is a party that's almost entirely devoid of the magic that made the original one so awesome that we even want more.
Kamiccolo9 wrote:It grinds my gears that people get "outraged" over any of this stuff. It's a fucking cartoon. If you are that determined to be angry about something, get off the internet and make a stand for something that actually matters.
Rocketman wrote:"Shonen" basically means "stupid sentimental shit" anyway, so it's ok to be anti-shonen.