Episode #0132 (08 June 2008)

We cover anything and everything Dragon Ball in hopes of enlightening... and a little bit of entertaining. Hosted every week by the Kanzenshuu staff and regular special guests from the professional and fandom communities. Your first, best, last, and only Dragon Ball podcast!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Episode #0132 (08 June 2008)

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:00 am

Episode #0132 (download MP3) (rss feed)
50:30; 64 kbps, mono; 23.1 MB

Episode #0132! VegettoEX and Meri check in with Julian, and then review the new album that came out in Japan this week, "Inazuma Challenger". Despite having nothing about DB in its packaging, we got all new versions and remixes of the DB opening and ending! Tons of songs samples, the rest of June's releases, and our DVD giveaway contest round out the episode. Referenced sites:
Go ahead and grab it. Big thanks to godofchaos for hosting the kinda nice *one-hundred-thirty-two* episodes, now.

Wow, I can't believe how fast this CD came! It was great to get it in so quickly and be able to have the review with an equally fast turn-around time. Our AWA 2007 "Iron Editor" videos should be up tomorrow (direct-downloads & YouTube) if I can manage to pull it all together properly :P. Been working on the AnimeNEXT contest stuff tonight, so I just didn't get around to it...

w0rd.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

DBZGirl

Post by DBZGirl » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:51 am

Already listened to the whole podcast. Good episode, I must say. Lucky, you already got the CD! Mine's not in yet!
*Can almost always be found running through streets singing a random DBZ song*

linkdude20002001
I Live Here

Post by linkdude20002001 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:36 am

Great review! I'm definitely going to get this CD, now. :D

I was looking at the cover of Haruko Momoi's Romantic Ageru yo, and I noticed that the girl's skirt has the famicom "pulse line" on it. http://www.famicomworld.com/Family_Comp ... _Carts.htm
I though that was cool, but I don't really like her cover. I did like parapara version though.
The Many English Dubs of DB, DBZ, and DBGT
Viz Release Censorship Guide

Scsigs: "Y'know, it actually makes sense that they waited till today to announce [the 30th Anniversary] set. It's Akira Toriyama's birthday."
Shaddy: "I too want my legacy destroyed as a birthday gift."

ThegreatPirateKing
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ThegreatPirateKing » Sun Jun 08, 2008 4:25 am

Great Podcast! Really enjoyed the review of Inazuma Challenger!

However, since I have no way of buying this (Don't own a credit card yet), would it be possible for you (or anyone) to upload the English version of Makafushigi Adobenchā? I can wait for the Japanese version and its Remix/instruemental but I really want to hear the full version of this. Thank you in advance to whoever uploads it :D

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:24 am

You guys are lucky that you have such radio voices or this would have been kinda boring. 8) With so many things already out there's barely anything else to talk about now, right?

Well, the CDs you talked about were pretty cool though, Mike and Meri, Awesome Podcast, Great Job!
Last edited by The Time Traveller on Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ex-Dubbie369
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Ex-Dubbie369 » Sun Jun 08, 2008 3:36 pm

I am totally picking this up now. I like the new song, and the arrangements of the old ones are awesome. The violin counter-melody in Romantic Ageru Yo is so good, and I'm very much loving the new intro to Makafushigi Adventure.

StarrDust
Not-So-Newbie

Post by StarrDust » Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:32 pm

Didn't finish listening to the podcast (my brother bursted in and interrupted me), but congratulations on getting your wedding bands! :) I've been going to both your sites since it was Vegetto EX's Homepage and I never would have imagined you two getting married.

I really like the new version of the Dragonball ending. That's definitely my favorite ending from all three series.
Trying is the first step towards failure.

Brakus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brakus » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:46 am

A fun music-centric episode! I also liked the new arrangements of the Dragon Ball themes. Makafushigi sounds pretty good, as good as the Tokyo Brass Style arrangement! I like the orchestra feel as opposed to the synthesizer feel of the 2001 version. It's very nice, light, J-pop fun.

BTW, I'm pretty sure Julian was nowhere near Akihabara this Sunday afternoon, but still, well-wishes go out to Julian, who I'm sure is safe and sound back in his part of Japan.
- J

"Whatever you do, enjoy it to the fullest. That is the secret of life."
-- Rider (Iskander), Fate/Zero

djkalteraphine
Regular

Post by djkalteraphine » Thu Jun 12, 2008 4:48 am

I loved every song from Inazuma Challenger. I'm picking this up ASAP.

SaiyaJedi

Post by SaiyaJedi » Thu Jun 12, 2008 6:20 am

Brakus wrote:BTW, I'm pretty sure Julian was nowhere near Akihabara this Sunday afternoon, but still, well-wishes go out to Julian, who I'm sure is safe and sound back in his part of Japan.
Yeah, I'm fine. Granted, Nipponbashi is probably more dangerous than Akihabara, being situated not far from Osaka's skid row and the main base of its Yakuza operations, but I don't go there too often.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Jun 12, 2008 7:26 am

Pretty dang good ep. Fantastic use of sound clips and was good to have a cameo from ya', Julian. Looking forward to the initial Burst Limit review. I myself may not get it, depends on if I get myself a 360 anytime soon (not getting a Ps3), time will tell. Congrats on getting the wedding bands as well!
14 years later

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:37 am

Great episode, I always love listening to you guys review things, even if I'm not that interested in the product.

Anyway, speaking of reviews, am I the only one hunkering for a Vizbig review by you guys?

Anywho keep up the good work.

dowlingusa

Post by dowlingusa » Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:24 pm

Great podcast as always. Thanks to you guys, I have really gotten into the music.

PS: I always thought a running commentary on a movie would be a great podcast idea! Movie review of awesomeness?

Thanks again for a great sunday!

PSS: Please review Harukanaru Densetsu! I just bought it and think it is Yu-Gi-Oh combined with Budokai 2.
"I said you smell like toenails!!!"

SparkingMaster

Post by SparkingMaster » Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:51 pm

Can Anybody who has Inazuma Challenger post a link for me to download it or just the one song.

Makafushigi Adventure (English Ver.) :wink:

SonEric84
Banned

Post by SonEric84 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:16 pm

SparkingMaster wrote:Can Anybody who has Inazuma Challenger post a link for me to download it or just the one song.

Might want to re-read the rules. You'll see that you're not really allowed to bootleg stuff that's readily available for you to purchase legally.
Trans rights, now!

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Jul 31, 2008 1:29 pm

SparkingMaster wrote:Can Anybody who has Inazuma Challenger post a link for me to download it or just the one song.

Are you the person who keeps e-mailing me and asking the same question?

Please stop. The CD literally came out just a few weeks ago and is ridiculously cheap. You're not going to get any help or find any sympathy here. I've avoided responding to you, but this is starting to get slightly silly.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::