Weekly Jump Release Dates

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:10 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:Man am I ever glad anime made it's way over to America, did you see how dull those covers were? I know that comics like Superman are classics among many comic book fans, but I just can't get over the fact that most of DC's comics are incredibly boring and dull. Sorry if I offended any Superman fans but I hate the franchise, he's probably the worst super hero in my opinion. Now I'm rambling way off topic, back on topic then, nice job on this guys.

-edit- This is off topic, but the forum has been dead lately whats going on?
Exactly what Superman products have you read or watched?
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:19 pm

I've barely read anything and haven't ever bothered to watch the cartoons or movies because I become incredibly bored with anything related to the franchise. My brothers were into it and I tried to read the comic issue where Superman gets killed by Doomsday (see I'm not completely ignorant to Superman :lol: ), but I even got bored with that one. I just find american comics, other than Batman, to be to "kiddy" and boring. That's probably why Dragonbal is so appealing to me, it actually has violence. I was just reading the manga today and saw a panel where Gero chokes a guy so tightly that he decapitates him and you don't see stuff like that in american comics. Don't get me wrong I'm not just into it for the violence/fighting and I'm sure Superman has an interesting story, but it's just so boring that I can't read it long enough to get into it.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:28 pm

Kanzentai is the site we wish we had during the PN days.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:36 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:I've barely read anything and haven't ever bothered to watch the cartoons or movies because I become incredibly bored with anything related to the franchise. My brothers were into it and I tried to read the comic issue where Superman gets killed by Doomsday (see I'm not completely ignorant to Superman :lol: ), but I even got bored with that one. I just find american comics, other than Batman, to be to "kiddy" and boring. That's probably why Dragonbal is so appealing to me, it actually has violence. I was just reading the manga today and saw a panel where Gero chokes a guy so tightly that he decapitates him and you don't see stuff like that in american comics. Don't get me wrong I'm not just into it for the violence/fighting and I'm sure Superman has an interesting story, but it's just so boring that I can't read it long enough to get into it.
Admittedly American comics don't always have the most exciting battles, not to mention the Death of Superman was from the nineties and thus had some corny dialogue issues but don't assume Superman's 'kiddy'. I mean, he fricken ripped off Darkseid's arm! And Darkseid's as bad a mother as Darth Vader!!
She/Her
bisexual milf

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:41 pm

Putting that into context of Gero stabbing through Yamcha's stomach with his bare hand and choking some guy so hard his head came off within 5 pages of eachother, that does make Superman ripping someones arm off look pretty toned down.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Adamant
I Live Here

Post by Adamant » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:11 pm

SSJ2bardock wrote:I just find american comics, other than Batman, to be to "kiddy" and boring. That's probably why Dragonbal is so appealing to me, it actually has violence. I was just reading the manga today and saw a panel where Gero chokes a guy so tightly that he decapitates him and you don't see stuff like that in american comics.
You need to read more American comics.

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:15 pm

There are a lot of problems with the modern state of American comics, but lack of violence really isn't one of them.

So, um, how about them there release dates? Pretty spiffy, right?
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:15 pm

Adamant wrote:
SSJ2bardock wrote:I just find american comics, other than Batman, to be to "kiddy" and boring. That's probably why Dragonbal is so appealing to me, it actually has violence. I was just reading the manga today and saw a panel where Gero chokes a guy so tightly that he decapitates him and you don't see stuff like that in american comics.
You need to read more American comics.
I will not! They bore the hell outta me, end of story.
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Son Wukong
Regular

Post by Son Wukong » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:21 pm

I salute you Kanzentai !

But why couldn't we get a slightly bigger resolution for the covers ? :P

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:46 pm

Weekly Jump Release Dates wrote:Now, of course the calendars wouldn't be complete without some cover images, and thank the stars for the internet! I'd like to give a huge thanks to both the Jump News Channel and Weekly Jump Memories for providing all of the cover images used. They may not be the best quality, but they're better than nothing. Especially since it is nearly impossible to find all of them anywhere else.
If I actually had all the Weekly Jump issues, I would get higher resolution images of the covers.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:33 pm

Sure you cannot threaten Shueisha over the phone for 'em? :lol:
She/Her
bisexual milf

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:55 pm

I also noticed a tiny typo. In the "Dragonball Covers" gallery, chapter 512 has been listed as "521."

Great feature, by the way. When I read the title, I thought to myself "release dates? How boring!" But then I actually read the guide and ended up having a great time. Fabulous attention to detail, guys. Very enjoyable read.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

DaemonCorps
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by DaemonCorps » Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:44 pm

MagicBox wrote:Great feature, by the way. When I read the title, I thought to myself "release dates? How boring!" But then I actually read the guide and ended up having a great time. Fabulous attention to detail, guys. Very enjoyable read.
Same here. I figured it'd just be a long list, but the whole calendar format along with the whole "scroll over the date for the cover thing" was indeed pretty spiffy. I'll admit that I've always been kinda curious about the manga's release dates in accordance with the anime so I guess that's one curiosity I can put to rest!

... and yes, I do think some kind of merger between Kanzentai and DaizEX should be done. Then again, it's cool if you guys wanna just do your own separate things. I mean it's' not like anyone's pointing a gun at your heads or anything...
10-30 minutes have most likely passed between my clicking to comment and actually posting. Curse my habit of thinking how to word my posts for too long!
YouTube Essays | twitter | webcomic | instantaneous movement grams

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:52 pm

Kanzentai + Daizenshuu = Perfect!!!

Sorry Vegetto EX, I know you hate these fucking equations but I think the math adds up just right! :P
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

Castor Troy
I Live Here

Post by Castor Troy » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:19 am

Didn't that one dragonbox200something dude have all the actual shonen jump issues?

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:14 am

Castor Troy wrote:Didn't that one dragonbox200something dude have all the actual shonen jump issues?
Do you mean dragonbox2006? If so I'll try to contact him, but do you know any other places on the Internet that he "hangs out"?

Hujio
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by Hujio » Fri Aug 15, 2008 10:13 am

SSj_Rambo wrote:
Castor Troy wrote:Didn't that one dragonbox200something dude have all the actual shonen jump issues?
Do you mean dragonbox2006? If so I'll try to contact him, but do you know any other places on the Internet that he "hangs out"?
I have a big beef with this guy! He owns a website where he sells "rare" items, but a lot of his pages look like this: http://www.dragonbox.ca/collectibles/dbox_1.html :x

I've got more than that against him, but I don't want to start ranting. Anyway, he's really hard to deal with, so good luck.
:: [| Heath "Hujio" Cutler |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu |] - [| Twitter |] ::

Herms
Kanzenshuu Admin Emeritus

Post by Herms » Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:01 pm

Geez, it takes a lot of nerve to just steal from someone else's website like that. Not that that's uncommon or anything, but still.
Kanzenshuu: Is that place still around?
Sometimes, I tweet things
We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:53 pm

So do you guys still want me to ask him if he can get you some HQ scans of the WJ covers? I bet he'll only do it if he gets credit on the site for the images and it's up to you two if your willing to deal with that.

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:46 pm

Herms wrote:Geez, it takes a lot of nerve to just steal from someone else's website like that. Not that that's uncommon or anything, but still.
I wish people could be punished for this! But it just you guys better than him. Kaizentai is very genuine from what I have seen. Same with Daizenshuu EX.
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"