Avatars galore, DragonBall and more!

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:07 pm

Awesome as usual... but, uh... WHERE'S ROCK LEE!? That's like having a list of animes that teach you great values... with no Trigun.

Bring on the Lee! :-P

I guess I'll settle for Ebisu. The closet perv. Just like me. :-P
EDIT: Found a good Lee Avy. Thanks Ryu.
Last edited by Ben Plante on Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

majinboogc
Not-So-Newbie

Post by majinboogc » Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:20 pm

Yeah where is Lee and Jiraiya the ultimate perv!!!!
I am SaiyaKaizoku.

What happened happened and couldn't have happened any other way. - Morpheus (The Matrix Reloaded)

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:46 am

Well I have some Naruto avatars I wasn't planning on using, so feel free...

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed Aug 04, 2004 12:47 pm

Awesome, but is there anyway to make them a bit bigger without them looking pixelated?
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Wed Aug 04, 2004 1:39 pm

Hey, you're good, Ryu. You picked some good parts to make avatars from...

How do you make animated gifs from scenes in an anime, anyway? I'm thinking you don't just take a bunch of screencaps and hope you got the frames you wanted, but I don't know any other way...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:35 pm

Zackarotto wrote: How do you make animated gifs from scenes in an anime, anyway? I'm thinking you don't just take a bunch of screencaps and hope you got the frames you wanted, but I don't know any other way...
Heh. I can just picture an avy turning out like Steamboat Willie. :P

You know what I mean. :)
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Wed Aug 04, 2004 3:37 pm

Thanks, but I don't really deserve it. For some reason I can't get my Naruto episodes to open up in the Animation Shop program (never had this problem with my dbz eps) so I just edit them from this website and adjust them according to the forum avatars rules. Most of the avatars above are under 15 KB and 65 X 65.
How do you make animated gifs from scenes in an anime, anyway? I'm thinking you don't just take a bunch of screencaps and hope you got the frames you wanted, but I don't know any other way...
The way I do it is that I use the Animation Shop program that comes along with Paint Shop Pro. If you want to open up a episode you simply open it up with the animation shop and it will ask you which and how many to open. I just had to guess which frames was the ones I wanted. For example, if I wanted a particular scene from a episode that I know is in the middle and the episode consists of 500 frames, I would pick 240 to 260 frames. FYI. don't open up too many frames as it will take forever to come up. (From my experience that would be around a 1000) Then you get busy editing, deleting and resizing frames etc. I'm a lousy teacher, :? but you'll honestly learn quicker if you try it yourself.

Here the avatar that you have Ben, but in a bigger form.

And for you Zack, I taking that you're a Itachi fan like myself. So here are a few avatars if you want them,

Image Image Image Image

And here are some others

Image Image

Image Image Image

Image Image

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:26 pm

Cool, thanks Ryu.

Man, the number of animations on this page is making me run a bit slow. I forgive it though because I'm getting a new computer pretty soon. This stone age piece of crap I've been using since 1998... BC... will soon be gone. :-)

I have B-Kun to thank, he set it off in my mind that I needed a new one. THANKS B!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:19 pm

It's all about Itachi. I like those avatars, they're very sexy, but I've never used an avatar that wasn't my own in all six thousand of the ones I've used.

Thanks for the info. I've seen some long gifs, so I could probably get some cool stuff done. Like this one.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Fri Aug 06, 2004 8:29 pm

Ah, finally, an Uchiha Itachi Avatar I love. :-) Thanks Ryu.

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:07 pm

Thanks guys, here are some more.

Image Image Image Image Image Image

Image Image

And I decided to mess about with a Tekken one, but it looks wrong. What do you guys think? I think you wouldn't notice the eyes problem if it was a smaller size.

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:01 pm

Wow, great avatars. I'd name all the ones I liked, but that would take too long...

I don't know anything about Tekken, but I like it.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Tue Aug 10, 2004 6:17 pm

Zacko, you don't know anything about Tekken?! And you consider yourself knowledgeable about violence!? Tsk! For shame!! :P
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:08 pm

Where?
Is?
GAI?
Or Ginyu Force, for that matter? The Jiraiyra (or whatever his name is) ones are nice, and I found some Great Saiyaman avatars, but I'd like to see some REAL posing!
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:38 pm

Jiraiya.

Jersey, go tell every martial artist ever that since they don't know about Tekken, they suxx0rz.

My Tekken experience consists of a dubbed movie and 20 minutes of playtime... some game on the PSX. I don't know.

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sat Aug 14, 2004 3:46 pm

Several new avatars up. 8)
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sat Aug 14, 2004 9:18 pm

Zackarotto wrote:Jiraiya.

Jersey, go tell every martial artist ever that since they don't know about Tekken, they suxx0rz.

My Tekken experience consists of a dubbed movie and 20 minutes of playtime... some game on the PSX. I don't know.
Aaaaaaaawwwwwwww, the dubbed Tekken movie! You have my condolences. :| And try playing Tekken 2 or 3, they're the best. :D
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

Xyex
I Live Here

Post by Xyex » Sun Aug 15, 2004 4:30 pm

Yes, Tekken move BAAAAAAD. I should now, I have it...
Avys ~ DA account ~ Fanfiction ~ Chat Quotes
<Kaboom> I'm just glad that he now sounds more like Invader Zim than Rita Repulsa
<Xyex> Original Freeza never sounded like a chick to me.
<Kaboom> Neither does Rita
<Xyex> Good point.

Ryu
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Ryu » Mon Aug 23, 2004 4:58 am

I haven't seen it but is the Tekken movie really that bad?

Well here are some more avatars

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image Image Image

Image Image

SaiyaJedi
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by SaiyaJedi » Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:23 am

I WANT TO SEE ONE PIECE AVATARS!!!!!

That is a request of anyone who can.
Co-translator, Man-in-Japan, and Julian #1 at Kanzenshuu
最近、あんまし投稿してないねんけど、見てんで。いっつも見てる。