I'm looking for a good thinker...

Help the Kanzenshuu staff beta-test new sections, new website initiatives, and more!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

I'm looking for a good thinker...

Post by VegettoEX » Sat Aug 07, 2004 11:53 pm

I'd like to work on a section that really lets me showcase some of you people, since... well... you all mean a lot to me. This forum is the fuckin' shiznit, and the little niche community that surrounds it is simply the best I've ever encountered related to DragonBall.

So I'm not gonna say what this section is, but it'll be really easy for me to update and add to. I've already got a great, amusing, and incredibly innovative idea for the opening version of it, and I need to recruit at least one person from here to write up some stuff for it.

Here's the stipulations... you MUST be pretty familiar with the music in DB (mostly vocal songs; image songs are OK, as long as they're remotely popular ones [such as ones off of compilations like "Never Ending Story"]), and you must be remotely familiar with American music and performing artists. Oh... and you need to be able to write well ^^;;.

I only want one person. Fight among yourselves who gets to do it. Or rather, I'll just choose someone from who's interested. Post and lemme know if you are. I'll eventually reply and say who has been selected, and I'll contact them privately after such (via PMs, I guess... nice and convenient!).

w00t.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

B-kun
Advanced Regular

Post by B-kun » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:15 am

I suggest either Rach or Jersey. I'd write out the reasons, but I'm too tired. @_@

Tenken
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenken » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:23 am

Hello!

My name is Tenken, and I am interested in this position. That is all.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:42 am

I guess I should note that every time I "update" the section, I'd ask a different person to do a write-up, and the topic would be different every time ^^.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:45 am

Well, uh I'm available to do it I guess if Rach doesn't want to. I'm pretty much obsessed with DB music, I especially love the Never Ending Story compilation, so well, there'd be no problem there. I mean I have a real heartfelt attachment to the series' music. And I can say that I'm familiar enough with North American music. So, um I mean, I'm sure there's someone out there better anyway, like Rach. But I guess I'm just posting to let you know EX if you can't find someone else, then I'll gladly help you out. ^_^
Jerseymilk: "Can I tell you something?"
B-kun: "What?"
Jerseymilk: "I see Fangirls."

TripleRach

Post by TripleRach » Sun Aug 08, 2004 1:00 am

Well, I don't really know why B-kun suggested me along with Jersey. The only DB vocal music I know well are the songs on the 5 CD set (until I get enough cash for those "Complete Song Collections", anyway), and the DBGT themes. As for popular American music, I've been rather out of the loop for the past few years, but I'm pretty familiar with a lot of 90's music. And for everything else, I'd definitely consider myself a good thinker, and I can be a decent writer when I want to be.

Yeah, I guess I'd be interested, if there's no one better for the job. It seems to me that Jersey is probably the most knowledgeable about the DB music.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:27 am

S'all about Jerseymilk. Pick her first or perish by 'beedle crawling into your brain through your ear'. (Sleep well).

Heh, I couldn't help but giggle when I saw the thread title. I was like, "Then what are you doing here?" :-P Joking of course, but it made me chuckle.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:41 am

Ben Plante wrote:S'all about Jerseymilk. Pick her first or perish by 'beedle crawling into your brain through your ear'. (Sleep well).
That's just so mean Ben. :cry:

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun Aug 08, 2004 6:43 am

What's mean, I'm recommending you, because I think you have the best qualities for it. That beedle comment was to Mike, a joke as in 'pick her or a beedle will blah blah, but even THAT was a joke and not even towards you.

Sorry, whatever I did or said.
"Chrysanthemums will wither together with its leaves, lying beside the fiery eyes soaked with blood. Even then, your sublime status will never be shaken, even if only half of your limbs will remain. To increase the fascination within the drama, should the search for a new partner begin? If so, then head to the east. You will definitely meet the one who is waiting for you."

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Re: I'm looking for a good thinker...

Post by Dayspring » Sun Aug 08, 2004 11:44 am

VegettoEX wrote:I'd like to work on a section that really lets me showcase some of you people, since... well... you all mean a lot to me.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

That was great. Anyhoo, I nominate Jersey. I'm too lazy/preoccupied to volunteer myself. Y'know: that and you people mean nothing to me. :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:34 pm

Well... I guess the general consensus is that Jersey needs to be the first one up! Well, then... so be it! I'll be PMing you with the little information I want :P.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun Aug 08, 2004 12:49 pm

Yay Jersey! ... I still dunno why she's upset with me though. :cry:

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sun Aug 08, 2004 2:13 pm

Well, you did mention beetles crawling into brains while being asleep. I can imagine some people lying awake in fear after having heard such comments.

Can't understand why, though. I mean, spiders crawling into your ear would scare me a lot more.

I guess I'll just go with the general consensus and vote for Jersey, if she weren't already chosen. I myself will settle with knowing that I'm a member of a forum that is ''the fuckin' shiznit''. Hell yeah. Shiznit.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Fuujin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Fuujin » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:03 pm

Not another music-guidish-thingie... Come on, skip the boring parts and get to the Character Guide!
It's party time, Ginyu style!

Jerseymilk
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Jerseymilk » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:05 pm

Ben Plante wrote:Yay Jersey! ... I still dunno why she's upset with me though. :cry:
Ben I knew you were joking. I was also joking, silly goof! Ya know I love ya! 8) And (sniff), thanks to everyone who nominated me. I feel so (sob!) loved! And EX thank-you for choosing me, I promise I'll do my absolute best. :) And Dai, you are definitely that funny word I keep seeing everyone type that looks like an insult, but people seem to think it's great....uh , ya! :? :P

Dai
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dai » Sun Aug 08, 2004 4:15 pm

Well, since I really don't know what to make of that, I'll just pretend it was some sort of compliment, stating how utterly cool I am.

Yay!

And Fuujin, your opinion doesn't go for everyone. Besides, we don't really know yet what this new section will bring (Not until I bribe Jersey to spill the details, anyway), so it's best not to make assumptions.
[url=http://www.projectafter.com]Project AFTER[/url]: Every fanfiction's worst nightmare.

Ben Plante
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ben Plante » Sun Aug 08, 2004 5:56 pm

Don't worry Dai, Jersey'll tell B-Kun. Then B will no doubt tell me. Then I'll tell everyone I've ever met. It'll be the most popular secret revelation evAR! :-P :-P :-P

laserkid
Advanced Regular

Post by laserkid » Wed Sep 08, 2004 1:14 pm

I'd like to try one of these sometime but this particular topic is not down my alley.
-Laserkid

plusloud

Post by plusloud » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:55 am

What ever became of this? If this project is still in the works, I wouldn't mind helping out somehow.
Umm... just call me Remy, already. :p

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:25 am

I'm still waiting for the list to be sent to me :P. We talked about it one night on IRC a few weeks ago, but that was it. There's going to be a whole series of columns like this once it gets going, so there'll always be room for people to pop in and say stuff :D.