Contest Ideas?

General discussion about Kanzenshuu, its content, features, contests, community, etc. This is NOT an off-topic forum!

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Contest Ideas?

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 25, 2004 10:44 am

To "celebrate" (*scoff*) the re-release of Final Bout, and to shamelessly promote the site, I'd like to have some sort of contest in which the prize is the Final Bout OST (which has some great music, including the last vocal songs Kageyama Hironobu did for DBZ before coming back for Budokai 2 five years later).

I'd like the contest to involve Final Bout in some way. What kind of ideas do you folks have? Preferably something fun and positive.

Thanks!
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:48 am

Final Bout related isn't very fair to those that don't already have the damn game. **Goes to superpope in case it becomes trivia related**

I suggest something like an overall trivia of DB/Z/GT. People would have to e-mail their answers to you and you'd either randomly choose the winner out of those that got every answer correctly, or just pick the first submitted e-mail that gave all the answers correctly.
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.
Freeza Heika wrote: for the land of the cool, and the home of the Appule
The Geeky Gentleman: For all your comics, movies, TV and other geeky needs.

SpaceKappa
Regular

Post by SpaceKappa » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:49 am

The best I could come up with is like a "Funniest Screenshot" contest or something like that.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Aug 25, 2004 11:52 am

Mizugi wrote:The best I could come up with is like a "Funniest Screenshot" contest or something like that.
Then it becomes something based on who has the best Photo-editor program+skills on those editors. Again, not fair to all.

Unless EX took a screeny of the game and edited word and/or thought bubbles into it. Then we could submit the text like we do with the funny pics we randomly put on the boards. I like this idea! All hail me+Mizugi! :P
Captain Christopher Pike wrote:The away team will consist of myself, Cadet Kirk, Mr. Sulu, and Ensign Olsen.

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:05 pm

Here's a some ideas I have -

1. DBGT fanart contest

2. Final Bout tournment for us broadband users using an ePSXe emulator on a Kaillera game server. Course, ya gotta ban the secret character cheat so no one uses SSJ4 Goku or Vegetto

3. A Final Bout trivia contest...hmmm...damn that is a crappy idea for a contest...

4. A create your own DBGT Final Bout 2 cover art for a next gen system contest!

5. DBGT Final Bout character strategy guide/faq contest

6. DBGT Final Bout review contest

7. DBGT Final Bout fansound contest

8. DBGT Final Bout "Biggest Fight" Sing-A-Long contest

9. Show off your original Final Bout copy and brag about how mondo cool it is contest

10. DBGT Final Bout wallpaper contest

admin
Not-So-Newbie

Post by admin » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:20 pm

I wouldn't reccomend fanart contests seeing as though not everyone is an artist and it is hard enough for some to draw stick figures ;) - so I don't think there would be THAT big of a response if it was based only on fanart.

The other ideas in this thread are fun though :P
[size=200][b][color=red]TKE[/color] [color=gray]4[/color] [color=red]LIFE[/color][/size][/b]

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Wed Aug 25, 2004 12:23 pm

Izlude wrote: 8. DBGT Final Bout "Biggest Fight" Sing-A-Long contest
I still prefer the idea I came up with inspired by Mizugi's idea, but if that gets rejected I like Izlude's 8th proposal. Not that my opinion matters much. :P

I strongly feel it should be something comedy related for some reason, and something so simple EVERYONE would be able to enter despite whatever level of technology their computer is at.

I also recommend against using games like "do something with your old Final Bout!". Then the only people who can win are those that already have the game. :x

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:04 pm

Well, I've come up with an idea for the contest that's somewhat of a combination of a few elements in the suggestions here in the thread.

Thanks, everyone! Look for it, soon.
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Deus ex Machina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Deus ex Machina » Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:44 am

You've probably already made up your mind now at this point, but I came up with an idea. The contest could be to design an ad for the game, that would highlight all the best parts of the game, while cleverly advertising the bad parts of the game. Such as

Sucky graphics - vintage, classic graphics!

That sorta thing.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:23 am

Ooooh... I reeaaally like that one...

And considering I'm having a bitch of a time getting what I need to do what I wanted to, I'm going to change and adopt this idea :P. I'm gonna add some things so you don't necessary have to create any graphics, but wow! Great!

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Aug 30, 2004 2:47 pm

See, man? You pull your thoughts away from hentai for 3 seconds and wonderful things happen. ^^

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:20 pm

I was thinking, you take one of the Saiyan's, and let's take Gohan for example. He never went past SSJ2, if someone were to edit an picture and make it look like he's SSJ3 or 4. I guess whoever can make a saiyan look like they went beyond there level in the Anime/Manga. Make up SSJ5 for Goku, lol. Whoever does it the best, wins? 8) :?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:24 pm

Only problem with that is, you'd have reference SSJ - SSJ7 pictures or whatever for every fucking character just by going to "OMFG SSJ224's HoUSE OF SUPAR AWESomE SEKRETs FUNi DOeSNt WANT j00 to KNOW ABOUT!!!!!!!!!!!!1111eleven!11!one".

SuperFusion
Beyond Newbie

Post by SuperFusion » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:30 pm

Awww.. I thought it was an good enough idea. Guess I should re-think these things. :?

Zackarotto
I Live Here

Post by Zackarotto » Mon Aug 30, 2004 3:35 pm

It's good, but it's been done already enough times just to confuse newbies. And what will happen when these images are suddenly hosted on Daizex? Think they'll read the contest text? No. Hell will break loose, and we'll all die.

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:43 am

Contest looks great, but I've just one beef w/it:
Daizex Contest wrote:We retain the right to publish the submissions you send, along with your name and the e-mail address you submit from.
Publishing the submission makes sense, and I guess the name too, but why is there no option to go it anonymously? And what possibility, other than letting jealous n00bs know where they can flame you, serve for posting out e-mails on the site? I know I don't want that last bit of info portrayed for the world to see. ESPECIALLY to the remnants of the DB community.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 10:59 am

Dayspring wrote:Publishing the submission makes sense, and I guess the name too, but why is there no option to go it anonymously? And what possibility, other than letting jealous n00bs know where they can flame you, serve for posting out e-mails on the site? I know I don't want that last bit of info portrayed for the world to see. ESPECIALLY to the remnants of the DB community.
It's how we ran the last contest, and there were no problems what-so-ever. That's not to say it won't happen, but unless I foster and ENCOURAGE an open community, we're never going to get one, again. Besides, if someone really wants your e-mail address, that's a trivial thing... they can just as easily get your home address, phone number, social security number, last purchase on your Visa card...

Dayspring
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Dayspring » Tue Aug 31, 2004 3:14 pm

What I meant was *I* don't want my e-mail published if it wouldn't be too much of a problem. :wink:

Izlude
Regular

Post by Izlude » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:19 pm

I already sent my entry in, I had to actually drag out my copy of Final Bout just to remind myself how..."wonderful" the game is to slap this thing together :lol:

Hey Mike, is it okay if I share with the other members what my entry looks like or are do you prefer I not, and we all wait til the contest is over with to see what everyones entries look like?
Last edited by Izlude on Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:54 pm, edited 4 times in total.

VegettoEX

Post by VegettoEX » Tue Aug 31, 2004 9:43 pm

Izlude wrote:Hey Vez, is it okay if I share with the other members what my entry looks like or are do you prefer I not, and we all wait til the contest is over with to see what everyones entries look like?
I'm assuming you mean "Veg"... or... Mike :P

I'd prefer it if people kept their entries to themselves ^^;;.