Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 Discussion

Discussion regarding the entirety of the franchise in a general (meta) sense, including such aspects as: production, trends, merchandise, fan culture, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 Discussion

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:00 pm

Since some people are getting this early might as well talk about it I have a few questions myself

1. Is We Gotta Power kept as the opening for episodes 200-219 ?
2. Is Boku Tachi Wa Tenshi Datta kept as the ending for episodes 200-219 ?
3. Are any characters redubbed ?

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:11 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:3. Are any characters redubbed ?
There hasn't been any major redubbing of characters since the Season Three set-- Seasons Four, Five and Six are all practically the same vocally as their original broadcasts. And yet somehow, I would be not at all, at ALL surprised if after all this time FUNimation uber-randomly decides on redubbing a "minor" Boo arc character like Goten or Dabura during one of the late sets.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

DB_Fan1991
Advanced Regular

Post by DB_Fan1991 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:14 pm

According to Tenkaichi 3 I wouldn't be surprised if Babidi was redubbed or even Dabura

Raki
I Live Here

Post by Raki » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:30 pm

I'll be getting this next week at BB when I go for my job interview near that area. I do hope that they keep the Japanese openings and endings for the dub, being as the Buu era dub is somewhat okay.
The series doesn't start with the arrival of Raditz. Stop being lazy and watch Dragonball.

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:11 pm

Man this season is gonna be the worst of all of them. I will still buy it to own the whole series,but I was really hoping that they would include the fat buu saga to.

Kienzan88gt
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Z: Season 7 Discussion

Post by Kienzan88gt » Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:41 pm

DB_Fan1991 wrote:Since some people are getting this early might as well talk about it I have a few questions myself

1. Is We Gotta Power kept as the opening for episodes 200-219 ?
2. Is Boku Tachi Wa Tenshi Datta kept as the ending for episodes 200-219 ?
3. Are any characters redubbed ?
1. When played as dub with Japanese background music, the opening is the FUNI version still (the same opening from Season 1-6). Obviously when played with Japanese audio its We Gotta Power.

2. Just like with the last season sets, FUNI seems to get this part right always. When played as dub with Japanese background music, the ending is We Were Angels (Boku Tachi Wa Tenshi Datta).

3. This I'm not sure of, but I beleive the only one that I can say has been redubbed for the seasons was the narrator, who was redubbed by Kyle Herbert. But, I beleive in the later episodes like these Kyle Herbert was the narrator. I won't be checking to see exactly who got redubbed, I personally don't want to. (Not a dub fan :P)

Some Images: (taking requests for other scenes if anyone wants some)

Image (This is the famous scene where Goku goes Super Saiya-jin but his hair stays black in the actual episode unlike in the preview for this episode, sadly the previews aren't on these Season Sets)

Season 8 trailer coming soon, heres the screenshot of season 8 box art for now:

Last edited by Kienzan88gt on Wed Nov 05, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 9 times in total.

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:04 pm

Kienzan88gt wrote:Season 8 trailer coming soon, heres the screenshot of season 8 box art for now: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j298/ ... VD_052.jpg
Okay, 34 episodes should bring us up to episode 253, leaving 38 episodes for season nine.

And... Vegeta. *sigh* Fine...

I honestly don't even have the slightest idea who's gonna be on season nine's cover. Gohan, Boo, Vegetto, Gotenks, ANOTHER Goku image. I can't even guess.

Oh, and, if you're taking requests, I'd love to see how the opening and ending fared with the cropping.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:17 pm

MagicBox wrote:
Kienzan88gt wrote:Season 8 trailer coming soon, heres the screenshot of season 8 box art for now: http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j298/ ... VD_052.jpg
Oh, and, if you're taking requests, I'd love to see how the opening and ending fared with the cropping.
What's the point in that? We've seen that loads of times on other threads.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

Gogeta 00
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gogeta 00 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:24 pm

MagicBox wrote:
Okay, 34 episodes should bring us up to episode 253, leaving 38 episodes for season nine.

And... Vegeta. *sigh* Fine...

I honestly don't even have the slightest idea who's gonna be on season nine's cover. Gohan, Boo, Vegetto, Gotenks, ANOTHER Goku image. I can't even guess.

My guess is kid buu,but with the weird shit funi has done with the pasty 2 covers(piccolo?it's a nice image and I love the artwork,but what significance does he have in the saiyaman and world tournament sagas) you cant be sure,but it should be either kid buu or vegetto

Super Ghost Kamikaze
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Ghost Kamikaze » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 pm

MagicBox wrote:
Gotenks.
Gotenks.
Gotenks.
Gotenks.
Gotenks.

Sprite Satan
Regular

Post by Sprite Satan » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:25 pm

DBHighDefinition wrote:
MagicBox wrote:
Well, these would be the new opening and endings. We Gotta Power and... that other one, Boku Tachi Wa Tenshi Datta. So it's not like we'd be seeing Zenkai Power and Head Cha La chopped up again.
Yamucha Densetsu - APRIL 8th Update - Goku is Yamucha and Yamucha is Goku
Further evidence to support the Yamucha-Goten lineage! Features badly Photoshopped images from Google search

Forgotten Hero
Advanced Regular

Post by Forgotten Hero » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:30 pm

We had a thread like this a month or two ago.
I'll link it...You can read some of other people's posts.
Magic Box started this one. :wink:
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=8524
Gohan: "You're a Buddhist." Kuririn: "A hungry Buddhist!"

MagicBox
Advanced Regular

Post by MagicBox » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:31 pm

DBHighDefinition wrote:What's the point in that? We've seen that loads of times on other threads.
Just like Sprite Satan said, man, we've got new opening/ending animations now, neither of which we've seen cropped (unless you've got movies 10-12 on DragonBox).

Since those go through the rest of the series and the opening carries over into the feature films, I think it's logical to wonder how they turned out.
"Magic's Detective Agency" - The Ultimate Guide to Changes in Detective Conan

"Magic's DiGiMONMUSiC Database" - The Ultimate Guide to Digimon CDs

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Sprite Satan wrote:
DBHighDefinition wrote:
MagicBox wrote:Oh, and, if you're taking requests, I'd love to see how the opening and ending fared with the cropping.
Well, these would be the new opening and endings. We Gotta Power and... that other one, Boku Tachi Wa Tenshi Datta. So it's not like we'd be seeing Zenkai Power and Head Cha La chopped up again.
Oh, fuck. That's right, my bad. Damn i'm running slow at the moment. How the hell could i forget the new openings and endings...SHIT.
Last edited by DBHighDefinition on Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

SSJ2bardock
I Live Here

Post by SSJ2bardock » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:32 pm

Forgotten Hero wrote:We had a thread like this a month or two ago.
I'll link it...You can read some of other people's posts.
Magic Box started this one. :wink:
http://db.schuby.org/daizex/viewtopic.php?t=8524

Seeing as how nobody else mentioned it thus far, I think we're all set with this thread. :wink:
PSN Stay_Slapped

Let’s play FighterZ

Captain Awesome
Patreon Supporter

Post by Captain Awesome » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:36 pm

We've already seen We gotta power cropped on the Broli double feature Blu Ray release.

Anyway, my dvd drive on my pc is on the fritz, if I can get it working I'll upload some comparisons from the relevant singles later. By the way how far does this set go into the Tenkaichi Budokai?

Kienzan88gt
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kienzan88gt » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:43 pm

It goes up to the point where Gohan gets his ki sucked out by Spopovitch and Yamu.

Here is the episode description of that episode:

219. Energy Drain
When Gohan transforms into a Super Saiyan in the middle of the arena, Spopovitch and Yamu spring into action! Armed with a mysterious energy-draining device, the pair launch an attack on the golden-haired teen. Will Gohan survive this vicious assault?

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:51 pm

Going back to the re-dubbing issue, being realistic does anyone actually need re-dubbing now were getting to the Buu arc? They were all pretty decent at this point.

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:53 pm

It seems like FUNi did a good job of not having the "missing lines problem" in this set as well. It kind of seems like the colors are a little more over saturated in this set though.

And has that little Toei symbol (the cat in the bottom right corner) always been there in the previews for the next season?

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:56 pm

SSj_Rambo wrote:It seems like FUNi did a good job of not having the "missing lines problem" in this set as well. It kind of seems like the colors are a little more over saturated in this set though.

And has that little Toei symbol (the cat in the bottom right corner) always been there in the previews for the next season?
Yes it has, but the FUNi symbal is usually to the right of it. Now it's on the other side of the screen.