Apparently I've been ripped off, jackass ahoy?

Any general discussion regarding fan-created works of the Dragon Ball franchise, including AMVs, fan-art, fan-fiction, etc.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Apparently I've been ripped off, jackass ahoy?

Post by Conan the SSJ » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:08 pm

Evidently an AMV I made over two years ago, "Gohan and Videl: It's About Life/Time", has been jipped by some jerk at YouTube. Guess this shouldn't be surprising, though I would like it if some fellow AMV makers, friends, and those whom know me in some capacity around here know about this and be aware of people like this. Something similar to this happened ages ago when a Budokai 3 review of mine on gamefaqs.com was ripped off by some other twerp, now I find this has happened, really ticks me off more than I wish it would.

Even though this AMV was pretty so-so in quality, I put genuine effort in it and it meant a lot to me when I made it at the time, still does. Hopefully you guys understand why I'm so upset and here's also hoping Mike doesn't lock this thread, if anything I just wanna make a clear example of how these things can happen and stay as such for a long while (a year and a half in my case) before you figure it out. Here's my original AMV:

Magica's DaizEX posting
My AMV

This jerk's version.

Feel free to comment, here, there, anywhere.
14 years later

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:14 pm

This shit happens and yes it does suck but no amount of harassment will make this guy take it off. I do have sort of an issue with you trying to turn Daizex into your personal army though. Not to sound harsh but this thread gives off the whole "SPAM THIS GUY FOR ME UNTIL HE TAKES OFF MY VIDEO!" feel.
Aro started to laugh. “Ha, ha, ha,” he chuckled.- Actual quote from Twilight

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:05 am

NeptuneKai wrote:I do have sort of an issue with you trying to turn Daizex into your personal army though.
I'm not telling you guys to comment. All I pointed out was that I wanted to bring this up as an example of this type of crap that goes on. How's "feel free to comment" attempting to rise an army of spammers?
Conan the SSJ wrote:though I would like it if some fellow AMV makers, friends, and those whom know me in some capacity around here know about this and be aware of people like this.
Conan the SSJ wrote:Feel free to comment, here, there, anywhere.
So yeah, I think you misinterpreted the whole point of this.
14 years later

DBHighDefinition
Regular

Post by DBHighDefinition » Fri Nov 14, 2008 12:14 am

Oh God. I hate fucktards like these, pathetic. Stealing AMV's and passing it off as their own; that's just pitiful. :evil:

I share your loss Conan.
[quote="Roshi in DB Evolution"]Believe it punk, you're getting your clock, cleaned![/quote]

[url=http://www.youtube.com/user/DBHighDef]My old YouTube is back up and running![/url]

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:48 am

Welcome to the internet! Check all intellectual property, originality, personal creations, and sense of pride at the door.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 10:00 am

VegettoEX wrote:Welcome to the internet! Check all intellectual property, originality, personal creations, and sense of pride at the door.
No, that's eBaums.
Most thieves get a bunch of butthurt following their theft, but this is a DBZ AMV, it's not exactly a Dave Kelly comic or an amazing flash animation.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:00 pm

VegettoEX wrote:Welcome to the internet! Check all intellectual property, originality, personal creations, and sense of pride at the door.
I hear ya'. :P

Vid's been removed, at least.
14 years later

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:37 pm

The jerk just subscribed to my Channel...

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Conan the SSJ wrote:

Guess I was wrong...this may seem random but are you a furry? Your Youtube background looks very....furry friendly. :lol:

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:37 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote:

Guess I was wrong...this may seem random but are you a furry? Your Youtube background looks very....furry friendly. :lol:
Yes yes, lets embarrass the furry.

From what I've seen in the manga volumes, Toriyama has a fursona...

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:39 pm

The Time Traveller wrote:
NeptuneKai wrote:
Conan the SSJ wrote: I hear ya'. :P

Yes yes, lets embarrass the furry.
No thank you, big men in Disney land costumes doesn't really make me want to embrace that fandom.

bkev
I Live Here

Post by bkev » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:40 pm

Embarass, he said. :p
back on topic: that sucked man.
[quote="Brakus"]For all the flack that FUNimation gets on this forum for their quote about DBZ, there's some modicum of truth to it: a 9-year-old is born every day. Or in some cases, "reborn". DBZ may be a kids' show, but it's been so close to so many hearts all over Japan, America, and quite possibly, even the world.[/quote]

NeptuneKai
I Live Here

Post by NeptuneKai » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:41 pm

bkev wrote:Embarass, he said. :p
back on topic: that sucked man.
Thus further proof I can not read and should be kicked off of this website!

Captain dumb fuck AWAAAAYYYYY!!!!

The Time Traveller
Patreon Supporter

Post by The Time Traveller » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:44 pm

Really? I just called Toriyama a furry and you're taking it sideways?

We've come so far, America, first a black president, now this!

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:40 am

NeptuneKai wrote: Guess I was wrong...this may seem random but are you a furry? Your Youtube background looks very....furry friendly. :lol:
That's my account. Not his. :P
The Time Traveller wrote: Yes yes, lets embarrass the furry.

From what I've seen in the manga volumes, Toriyama has a fursona...
Not at all. I'm curious about the fursona thing, though.

Anyways. Glad the person removed the video. I was surprised that they willingly removed it. A lot of art thieves I've dealt with like on DeviantArt always pull some excuse against removing it. Hell there's one that even when I provided overlays that she traced from copyrighted photos ended up being banned from FurAffinity because she blatantly refused to cite her sources and admit that she traced them all.

ETA: Spelling/Ohsnap post 600.

Conan the SSJ
I Live Here

Post by Conan the SSJ » Sat Nov 15, 2008 8:54 pm

NeptuneKai wrote:Guess I was wrong...this may seem random but are you a furry? Your Youtube background looks very....furry friendly. :lol:
I haven't yet gotten or attempted to have gotten into the whole furry thing. My background is a Smallville art thing. If the day comes where I cosplay as Pluto, it'll be a very weird day. :P

My YouTube account, or new one anyway, is AngelicCo.
14 years later