Is Videl a selfish daughter?

Discussion, generally of an in-universe nature, regarding any aspect of the franchise (including movies, spin-offs, etc.) such as: techniques, character relationships, internal back-history, its universe, and more.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yasai-R-Mighty
Not-So-Newbie

Is Videl a selfish daughter?

Post by Yasai-R-Mighty » Fri Nov 14, 2008 5:42 pm

Nah I don't really think so, but I do wonder how come she never bothered to try to teach the Champ how to fly. Mr. Satan like her, dose have a rudimentary knowledge of martial arts, he might have been able to learn it real quick. When he figured out that humans had the ability to fly, he made some rather silly attempts to fly, so we know he would have definitely loved it. It would give him more "credibility" after all. Of course maybe that's exactly why she never bothered. :lol: What do you think?
[Insert mind blowingly cool quote here]

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:09 pm

I don't think she is really selfish, she looks up to her father quite a lot... (For reason must be unknown... This is Hercule...)I believe if he did have enough physical ability and ki energy then she would have probably taught him how to fly.

I also just don't really see Gohan marrying the selfish type... Now their daughter Pann on the otherhand...
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:12 pm

saiyanprincess wrote:I don't think she is really selfish, she looks up to her father quite a lot... (For reason must be unknown... This is Mr. Satan...)I believe if he did have enough physical ability and ki energy then she would have probably taught him how to fly.

I also just don't really see Gohan marrying the selfish type... Now their daughter Pann on the otherhand...
Just off-topic. Are you Gokudenn from youtube with all the videos of the DBOX. I heard some people say this and that Mike proved it himself.

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:18 pm

shotkeeper wrote:
saiyanprincess wrote:I don't think she is really selfish, she looks up to her father quite a lot... (For reason must be unknown... This is Mr. Satan...)I believe if he did have enough physical ability and ki energy then she would have probably taught him how to fly.

Just off-topic. Are you Gokudenn from youtube with all the videos of the DBOX. I heard some people say this and that Mike proved it himself.
Nope I'm not... Sorry wrong person!
[b]"Ok, use your instincts Kakarott. Right or Left? (Hmmm... I'd have to say... left.) Good. Then I'm going right!" (Vegeta to Goku as they try to find their way to free the others inside Buu - Episode: The Innards of Buu)[/b]

SSj_Rambo
I Live Here

Post by SSj_Rambo » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:00 pm

I personally thought that Videl didn't want to teach her dad anything because she knew that it would hurt his pride and confidence if his own daughter was giving him lessons on what he was supposed to be the best at.
----------------------------------------
shotkeeper wrote:Just off-topic. Are you Gokudenn from youtube with all the videos of the DBOX. I heard some people say this and that Mike proved it himself.
That was PrincessVegeta (and Gokudenn553, and SSJ3 GOKU...ya, he's pretty desperate).
Last edited by SSj_Rambo on Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:07 pm

shotkeeper wrote:Just off-topic. Are you Gokudenn from youtube with all the videos of the DBOX. I heard some people say this and that Mike proved it himself.
You may be confusing saiyanprincess there for PrincessVegeta, the "Ultimate FUNimation Fangirl".

As for Videl, who says that she's even confident enough to teach another person? Just because she picked up on Bukujutsu easily enough doesn't mean that she can start giving flying lessons.

~Da Lemmy
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:24 pm

I wouldn't say shes a bitch because she didn't teach her father how to fly. But based on her general attitude in the Saiyaman saga and Broly: Second Coming?...Yes, I would say she most certainly is a bitch.

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:13 am

Um, I don't think so. She has gumption, yes, but not bitchiness. Bitchiness is Chi-Chi or Bulma.
Trunks & Goten forever

Magica
Regular

Post by Magica » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:22 am

I dunno. I see it as her being a teenager she would be pretty embarassed to teach her dad how to fly, especially with a boy like Gohan around. :P

Kid Trunks
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kid Trunks » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:19 pm

Thanos6 wrote:Um, I don't think so. She has gumption, yes, but not bitchiness. Bitchiness is Chi-Chi or Bulma.
You don't think the way she acted towards Gohan in the Saiyaman arc was bitchy? And was never happy or even smiled during a single one of those episodes. She chilled out later in the Buu saga, though only because she realized she was actually a weakling, she wasn't the big fish in the small pond anymore.

(also, she smacked Goten in Broly: Second Coming...Goten... Nuff said.)

Thanos6
Advanced Regular

Post by Thanos6 » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:40 am

Kid Trunks wrote:
Thanos6 wrote:Um, I don't think so. She has gumption, yes, but not bitchiness. Bitchiness is Chi-Chi or Bulma.
You don't think the way she acted towards Gohan in the Saiyaman arc was bitchy? And was never happy or even smiled during a single one of those episodes. She chilled out later in the Buu saga, though only because she realized she was actually a weakling, she wasn't the big fish in the small pond anymore.
A new hero was muscling in on her turf. Until she learned more about this mysterious guy, she had every right to be miffed and frustrated.
Kid Trunks wrote:(also, she smacked Goten in Broly: Second Coming...Goten... Nuff said.)
You mean, when he was crying nonstop and possibly endangering their monster-killing plan?
Trunks & Goten forever

shotkeeper
Regular

Post by shotkeeper » Tue Nov 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Li'l Lemmy wrote:
You may be confusing saiyanprincess there for PrincessVegeta, the "Ultimate FUNimation Fangirl".

As for Videl, who says that she's even confident enough to teach another person? Just because she picked up on Bukujutsu easily enough doesn't mean that she can start giving flying lessons.

~Da Lemmy
Oh ok sorry my bad Saiyanprincess. Does this PrincessVegeta still post?

saiyanprincess
Regular

Post by saiyanprincess » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:34 pm

No problem cutie! :P